Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Did you finish reading Emma? And have you watched Aisha? Do you think they did a good job with the adaptation? I personally think they should have made it a period film that follows the book exactly, the movie seemed light and shallow in comparison - I was expecting some hardcore Jane Austen style romance. But anyway, Emma is one of my favorite JA book, although I like Pride and Prejudice much more. Darcy and Elizabeth are a better matched couple than Knightly and Emma in my opinion, although Abhay and Sonam look delicious together. Embarrassed

Please post your thoughts on what you thought of the adaptation. Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Emma (the book) and Aisha(movie) comparison/contra" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

simikr

IF-Rockerz

simikr

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Its hard to compare Emma the book with Aisha the movie..and you're right the movie was very superficial and shallow. I felt that the movie was not good at all!! I was expecting a lot from Abhay Deol though(:  Perhaps a better comparison would be with Clueless with Alicia Silverstone or Emma the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow which was the period version. Well, to tell you the truth Aisha doesn't hold a candle to any of them...should I say more??Big smile

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simiv

Its hard to compare Emma the book with Aisha the movie..and you're right the movie was very superficial and shallow. I felt that the movie was not good at all!! I was expecting a lot from Abhay Deol though(:  Perhaps a better comparison would be with Clueless with Alicia Silverstone or Emma the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow which was the period version. Well, to tell you the truth Aisha doesn't hold a candle to any of them...should I say more??Big smile

I agree, the dialogues were really bad too...also why did the movie focus so much on clothes? They tried to make it the selling point of the movie which was kinda annoying cuz that just took so much away from the ACTUAL story. I would say the selling strategy backfired.  Unfortunately, I havn't seen the Gwyneth Paltrow movie and havn't seen Clueless also. They could have done so much more with Aisha, it made me feel sad esp. since I could see the potential that was there and the end result was so meh. This was the first movie I saw of Abhay Deol and I'm in love with him now lol! His presence atleast made Aisha watchable I guess haha. But yes, so much could have been done with had Sonam been a better actress and the focus was on the script and not on clothes. Arjun-Aisha scenes were sweet though yet again, better writing would have done wonders for the movie. *sigh* Ranted again, but book adaptations for movies are a pet peeve of mine unless done right. LOL

simikr

IF-Rockerz

simikr

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
Well, if you haven't seen those 2 movies you certainly should!! I think Aisha was an attempt at a Hindi remake of Clueless and it failed miserably. Alicia Silverstone was just awesome in it...:)) As for Gwyneth Paltrow's Emma...I loved it so much that I bought the DVD!! It also has the groovy Jeremy Northam in it..who played Sir Thomas Moore in the TV series, ' The Tudors.' :D

ElusiveDevotion

pooja_l

IF-Rockerz

pooja_l

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 12:41am | IP Logged
have watched aisha but not read emma, yeah sonam's acting could have been much better

i liked abhay in the film, i overall liked the film even but it failed at box office

and once and for all, must admit, after reading the book, i have never found its film adaptation as good as the book

right from the notebook to the kite runner, books are always better than films

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionsimikr

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 08 December 2010 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by simiv

Well, if you haven't seen those 2 movies you certainly should!! I think Aisha was an attempt at a Hindi remake of Clueless and it failed miserably. Alicia Silverstone was just awesome in it...:)) As for Gwyneth Paltrow's Emma...I loved it so much that I bought the DVD!! It also has the groovy Jeremy Northam in it..who played Sir Thomas Moore in the TV series, ' The Tudors.' :D

Oh really? I'll check those out, I remember watching bits and pieces of Clueless but havn't seen the whole movie, Alicia is pretty lol!

DoJin

IF-Dazzler

DoJin

Posted: 09 December 2010 at 1:38am | IP Logged
hey guys......sorry for just barging in......just found this place.....love JA
@ virgovixen....
......should also check out 2009 series ........that one was also good.......better Emma (Romola Garai) and Knightley (Johnny Lee Miller)........atleast i found better them....then most.........theres 1997 version too with Kate Beckinsale and Mark Strong........that one was ok.....
.........and about Aisha.......i found it a pathetic excuse for SK to showoff her so called fashionista image.........had nothing to do with JA's Emma.......would much prefer cluless over that thing.....felt soooo sorry for Abhay........he could do so much better....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionsimikr

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
I felt Aisha was almost a blow by blow but terribly bad copy of Clueless!!! 

DoJin

Post Reply New Post

Go to top