Fan Fictions

A Walk On The Beach..-AR[New Page Link: Page 150] (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 151

Harry93

Goldie

Harry93

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Hey dear
caught wid ur ff today..i liked it
plz do add me in ur pm list

H@rry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Walk On The Beach..-AR[New Page Link: Page 150] (Page 8)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cuteshilpa

Goldie

cuteshilpa

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 8:55am | IP Logged
hey love ur ff plz pm me tooooooooo

shalika

Goldie

shalika

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 3:02am | IP Logged
read ur ff today !!!
loved it 
loved ammy ridzz friendship :)
plzz add me to the pm list 

Munchkin.

IF-Dazzler

Munchkin.

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Hey guys! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the extremely long wait! Exams! =( Anyway here goes Part 7! =)

Part 7:- The Break-Up!

"So...." My voice trailed off into a whisper...I dared to look at Sid, who looked just as lost as I did...We were sitting a little away from the rest of the crowd...The party was nearing its end, and now was the right time...

"So....I guess this is it..." Sid looked at me and smiled sadly...

"Yeah well...It's not like we haven't discussed this before...But well I thought, somehow, today would be easier, since we've already thought this through..."

"God have we ever had a more serious conversation...?" He looked at me, confused...I shook my head....

"Umm...When do you leave again?" He asked me after a while...

"Uh, a week from today...Just got a few things here and there...Got things to pack, back home as well...So..."

"Oh..Okayy..." Sid nodded...And the awkward silence continued...

I was yet at a loss of what to say...Was I still supposed to mention the fact that it was over..? Or was it over already...Why didn't relationships come with instruction manuals?

"Can I ask you something?" He said suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts....I nodded blankly...

"What about you and Armaan?" My head jerked at the sudden mention of his name...I looked at Sid in disbelief...What was he even talking about?

"What about us?"

"Riddhima are you kidding me? Do I need to mention what I mean? You obviously know what I'm talking about..." He looked at me exasperated....

"Sid...I seriously don't...What are you on about?"

"What's with you and Armaan? Either you and Armaan are seriously blind to have not noticed it, or you're just simply not admitting the plain fact to yourselves..."

"Ok...You lost me there...I have no clue what you're even talking about...I mean I..." I said genuinely stumped...

"Oh please...The entire world knows that you guys are more than just 'best friends'...Not even best friends would do something like what Armaan just did for you inside...Not to mention other things he's done for you..."

"Oh my GOD! I can't believe I'm having THIS conversation, with YOU, NOW! You've been with me for almost 3 years dammit! Are you serious you're telling me this NOW when we're ending our relationship..." I said incredulously...I massaged my head, which was now in pain...

"Yes I am...I didn't open my mouth these 3 years, because I seriously did like you a lot...But now that it's over, I'm as free to comment on your relationship with Armaan, as anyone else..."

"I can't believe you Sid...Seriously...!" I said...I could feel my temper rising to eruption levels...

"Look...I've kept quiet all this time, when I would hear people talking in the hallways about how they think you and Armaan have something going on...And I'm sure Andrea's doing the same..."

"You know what...I would have preferred you told me all this right then when you heard this stupid nonsense, rather than telling me NOW...At least I wouldn't have wasted my time over you..." I said, getting off the rock we were sitting on and walking back towards the marquee...

"Riddhima..." Sid held me by my shoulders and turned me around to make me face him...I looked away and crossed my arms...

"Look...I'm not saying all this to ruin all that we've had between us...I'm just saying all this now, so that you understand what's between you and Armaan...Face it Riddhima...You know it too...You know you guys are more than just best friends...You call HIS house your HOME dammit!"

"Sid...Look...I dunno what's between us either...I'm trying to figure out....I have been trying ever since....But the point is, all those things people keep saying, that we both are in love and stuff...That's ridiculous...Because we're....We're not...And about calling his house my home...Dude I've stayed there almost every weekend for 3 whole years..." I said shrugging...I shook my head trying to hint that I wanted to end this conversation right there...There was silence once again...I wanted to turn and leave, but the purpose we were standing there for was yet untouched in technical terms...

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have brought it up...It's just a question I have been dying to ask...The answer to which I always knew...But I guess, it's not me who has to think upon the truthful answer...It's you..." He smiled at me meaningfully...

I opened my mouth to speak, but before I could, I felt his lips touch mine...Baffled at his timing, I finally gave in, for the last time...

"It was nice knowing you Riddhima...Thanks for making my time here so amazing..." He said as his forehead collided with mine...I nodded, trying to blink my tears...

"You too..." I whispered back...With a final tight hug, we finally smiled at each other and parted our ways...

"Anyway...Umm...You coming back to the party?" He said, his voice heavy...I could feel he was feeling just as pathetic as I was...I nodded my head and we walked back towards the party...

My eyes were scanning for just one person who could make me feel better right now...But then my mind wandered off to my conversation with Sid...Was there any truth in what he was saying? In what our mates, other on-lookers had said about the two of us, these past 3 years...Were we more than just friends...?

I looked around, and found Armaan slow-dancing with Andrea...I tried to calm myself down, as I felt a fire burning inside me...It was always this same feeling which annoyed me, every time I spotted Armaan and Andrea so close together...But I had always shoved these feelings off as hatred towards Andrea...

All these thoughts, these confusions, were just a mere consequence of Sid's talk...How I felt I could smash his head into a pulp...Not that these confusions had never existed in my mind...Just at that time, they were easier to ignore...I sighed...I decided to call it a day...Maybe some sleep would clear my mind out...I looked at Armaan one final time, and walked out of the marquee, confused and for some odd reason...Empty...

"Ridz...Where you goin'?" I turned to find Nikki, dressed in a deep shade of wine red, her hair, now messy, which had earlier been tied in a beautiful French bun...

"Nothing...Going back to the room...Why?" I asked absent-mindedly...

"Room? Seriously? Why?" Nikki asked curiously...

"Well, the party's over, if you don't count Andrea snogging Armaan..." I smiled slightly...Nikki giggled...

"But still..It's our last night here...And anyway, the room's empty now init?"

That's when it dawned on me, that yeah, the room, the entire apartment, was no empty...How did I forget that I was supposed to be going home tonight? With Armaan...I sighed...I couldn't put up with more of Andrea and her snogging...

"Oi!" Nikki snapped her fingers at me...

"Umm...Yeah...I just have...A few things...Lying...Here and there...You know..."

"Uh-huh..." Nikki looked at me, and I could tell that she wasn't buying any of that...

"Yeah...Umm...You know...Umm...Like...Like..."

"Really? Like your memory, which made you forget that Uni's over?" Nikki smiled at me meaningfully...

"Yeah...Alright...I forgot...Feels weird though...A party, and then not returning back to the room to crash..." I smiled sheepishly...

"Even weirder, that no after-party in the 'Uni Den' so-called..." Nikki chuckled...

"Yeah...Can't believe Uni's over!" I smiled sadly...

"Me neither...It feels like yesterday we started here init?"

"Uh-huh...Bet Abhi's happy though!" I said referring to Abhimanyu, Nikki's boyfriend, back in India...She was from Delhi, and it had been a tough job for her to spend 3 years here, while girls 'prowled over her guy'...

"Yeah...He's already planning our time together now...I can't wait to go back to him...And yeah, Mum's planning our engagement soon as well...So..." Nikki blushed...

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" I hugged her tight and smiled...

"Yeah...But you gotta make it...It'll mostly be next month..."

"Yeah I don't quite know about that...But I'll be there for the wedding of course...Who else will be your Bridesmaid!"

"Well obviously not you, if you don't show up for the engagement! C'mon you don't intend on meeting Abhi straight on the wedding day! Even Armaan's agreed to come! And London is way farther from Delhi than Mumbai...My geography isn't that bad!" Nikki joked...

"Armaan knows!" I asked incredulously...It was common knowledge, that Armaan and Nikki would be ready to kill each other, if murder was ever made legal...And yet, in spite of all those fights, they were yet great buddies...

"Of course! But hey, I didn't tell him...He overheard me talking to Mum...And I told him not to tell anyone, not right now at least..." Nikki shrugged...

"Hmm...I yet can't get over that you and Abhi have been together since 9 years...You were 12 when you began dating...!" I said, yet stumped at how this love story had worked out...

"Yeah...Seems stupid to some people that I began dating at 12...But you know what...I had known Abhi my whole life before that...We had been childhood buddies...And I knew I loved him when I was 3...And you know, even at 12, when most kids can't tell that love is beyond loving Jungle Jims and Chocolate tarts, I knew love was equivalent to Abhi....I knew right then that he was the one...So I didn't hesitate for even one second before saying yes..."

"What if he didn't reciprocate it?" I asked, only it wasn't a doubt just concerning her life...Somewhere, I knew I had asked this question for a reason...

"I dunno...I never thought about that....He just always made me feel so secure, and so protected...That I never had to worry about his absence...Nor about him loving me or not...I knew he did, way before he said it..." Nikki shrugged...

"Your love story's been a picture perfect fairy tale...No less than a best seller..." I laughed...

"In that case, I would say you and Armaan would go for second and third editions...." Nikki smiled slyly...

"Oh please...Not again...What was I thinking when I thought that maybe dating Sid would make people get rid of that myth that Armaan and I were in love...If him dating Andrea didn't give the clear picture already!..." I said sceptically....The last thing I wanted, was to let Nikki add on to my already confused state of mind...

"All I'm gonna say is, that one day, you will remember all those people who thought you and Armaan were meant to be...That day, you'll remember me the most..."

"And I would like to see the look on your face when I get married to someone, and the wedding invitation does not read Armaan Mallik..." I smiled, asking myself for the umpteenth time, why I was even having this conversation...

"We'll see who's right...And I know I'm being super insensitive, talking about a potential husband especially when you've just gone through a breakup..." Nikki smiled sheepishly...

"How'd you know...It just happened a couple of minutes back!"

"It's Kings' University...You can't expect anything less!"

"Great...The next thing I want, is to see this mutual break up, turned into a scandal, where I hear that Sid cheated on me while I was on Christmas Break..." I shook my head...

"Yeah...But we won't be here in case that happens...At least I won't...I leave tomorrow night...But you still have a week...Yeah, you could expect to see the spiced up version of your break up on the evening news...!" Nikki joked...I laughed...

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you..." We turned to see Armaan glaring at me...We got off the rock we were sitting on...

"I wonder what Andrea would say about that..." Nikki mumbled...I stifled a laugh...

"Ms. Lunatic...Can't you go scatter back to your dearest, darling, to-be husband...And not get on my last nerve!" Armaan glared at Nikki...I giggled...

"I am going to...Tomorrow...And I bet you're gonna be the one to miss me the most!" Nikki said smartly...Armaan rolled his eyes...

"Anyway, I'm gonna go now...My Uncle's here anyway...Made him wait too long, I think he'll burst...See you Ridz...You've been the best roomie! Come see me tomorrow! I can't leave before meeting you one last time!" I nodded...She hugged me good bye, with slight tears in both our eyes ('I can't believe you two!' Armaan said, incredulously!), and after a tight hug from Armaan, she left...

"You okay?" Armaan asked concerned, as I wiped off that tiny tear which had managed its way out...

"Yeah, I'm fine...Shall we leave too then? Or is your ickle-girlfriend waiting for a goodnight kiss?" I asked nonchalantly...

"Nah, already did that...She left...."

"Forever...?" I asked hopefully...

"Riddhima......SHUT UP!" Armaan ordered me and pointed towards his car...

Apparently wrapping just a stole around yourself wasn't enough, when temperatures were falling into minus outside...

"And aren't you freezing there....Who tells you to wear sleeveless in winter?" He asked sceptically, as we sat in his car...He removed his coat and handed it to me...I smiled at his concern...I was used to him reading my mind now...

The ride was going pretty quiet...Even Armaan's heavy metal favourites couldn't fill the silence, and Armaan could tell something was wrong...

"What's wrong Munchkin...Are you okay...?" Armaan asked, his voice dripping with concern...I could feel tears pricking my eyes, and I didn't know what was behind this sudden outburst...

"I dunno...I feel empty suddenly...Like I no longer belong here..." I said quietly...

"What makes you think that...?" Armaan asked confused...

"It's been 3 years...Not once in these 3 years have I gone back to Mumbai....Something always got in the way....And now, when I am going back...Nothing's stopping me..."

"Munchkin, firstly, I told you, that you could have waited a bit longer over here....Secondly, honey, anyhow you still have a week here..."

"Hmmm..." I didn't want to make my teary voice heard, so I chose to be quiet...Armaan sensed my move, and didn't make any further conversation...

As we got home, I quietly got off, pulled my luggage out and walked towards the front door...It was 12.30, and I almost sighed with relief, since no one would be awake to see my fallen face...Armaan quietly opened the door, careful not to let it creak...

"Hello, how was the party...." Aunty greeted us right in the hallway....I quickly managed a quick smile, much to my own surprise than Armaan's....

"Mum...How're you still awake...And Dad as well..." Armaan asked confused, as we walked into the living room to find Uncle and Rhea, who was home from her Uni for the weekend, perched on the couch, watching TV....

"Yeah...None of us were sleepy, so we decided on a midnight snack...Come join us..." Rhea shifted a little.....Although I was thankful no one noticed my teary face, all I wanted to do was go to bed...I caught Armaan's eye and passed a pleading look...He blinked back reassuringly...

"You know what guys, I dunno about Riddhima, but I'm genuinely stumped...I need to crash...If you don't mind....Not that I care if you do, but anyway...." Armaan waved his hand and tilted his head to hint on my cue to speak...

"Umm yeah...Me too...The party was so tiring...And all that packing in the morning as well..." I said, crossing my fingers behind, still believing in doing so every time I lied...

"Okay....You kids go to bed okay? We're not gonna stay up for very long now anyway...And you already look a bit unwell Riddhima...Are you alright?" Reema Aunty asked, gently cupping my face....

"Yeah...I'm ok...Just tired..." I said hugging her, for comfort...

After a small 'goodnight' spree, I finally dropped myself on the bed and closed my eyes...

*********************************************************************************

Done! Hope you'll like the part! And I know I'm being rude, because I'm not replying to you guys, but trust me I'm so short of time! =( But I read them all, and trust me they always bring a smile on my face! So thanks sooooooooo much! =)

And oh, 

*MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY 2011 TO ALL OF YOU!*

Have a great year ahead! =)

Regards,
Shrutika! =)

Edited by Dmg8594 - 13 January 2011 at 11:29pm

The following 56 member(s) liked the above post:

gudiyanrani143arismirnacrazyneha.0807dim.bhatiakashish_23shalinisurdivine93cute_girl17aditi_sweetAsh1990me_lovelygulahensevensweety7395Stupidcupid1234seyacandyflossSiya6490Harry93maanudiyaa1pkambrynRhea.KaJenAmoon.88scorpio95kneeduh2000shiv-gauri4evapinksscutiepreetHaniyaax.sunayna.xmoonlight2630z.e.p.h.y.rvidu87prachi06--Sapphire--arhilover55-KSGsmitten-pixie_nARKJ_4EVERnyxxjanu1610zhasan2-ialwayswill-MeghzzEthereal-Path* Unnati *Sanju_Euphoria.cant.be.assed.Dr.BasketGuptaMedha.DigitalFortress.Optimism.-AviatoR-oblivion..sjain-GoogleWithMe-

Munchkin.

IF-Dazzler

Munchkin.

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Okie, I haven't PMed anyone this time, since some of you guys have changed your names...So can you'll please let me know your present Display names, please? I'm getting bare confused on my PM list! Confused=P

Thanks! Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Harry93vidu87

Harry93

Goldie

Harry93

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 9:13am | IP Logged
hey ! do add me n ur pm list

H@rry

vidu87

IF-Dazzler

vidu87