Debate Mansion

   

Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 19

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Joined: 04 March 2009

Posts: 31449

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Here is a song for LucknowHeart....sung by the great Mohd. Rafi...
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen ...
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen -5
Ye Rang-roop Ka Chaman
Ye Husn-o-ishq Ka Vatan
Yahi To Vo Muqaam Hai
Jahaan Avadh Ki Shaam Hai
Javaan-javaan Haseen-haseen
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen -2
Shabaab-o-sher Ka Ye Ghar
Ye Ahl-e-ilm Ka Nagar
Hai Manzilon Ki God Mein
Yahaan Har Ek Rah-guzar
Ye Shahar Laaladaar Hai
Yahaan Dilon Mein Pyaar Hai
Jidhar Nazar Uthaaiye
Bahaar Hi Bahaar Hai
Kali-kali Hai Naazaneen
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen -2
Yahaan Ki Sab Ravaayaten
Adab Ki Shaahakaar Hain
Ameer Ahl-e-dil Yahaan
Gareeb Jaan-nisaar Hain
Har Ek Shaak Par Yahaan
Hain Bulbulon Ki Chah-chahen
Gali-gali Mein Zindagi
Kadam-kadam Pe Kah-kahen
Har Ik Nazaara Hai Dilnasheen
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen
Ye Laknau Ki Sar-zameen ...
Nibhaayi Apani Aan Bhi
Badhaayi Dil Ki Shaan Bhi
Hain Aise Maharabaan Bhi


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008

Posts: 9280

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by old-black-joe


dunno, you didn't seem poor, I thought only poor people lived in  delhi, y'know, in the slums... though nothin compares to mumbais dharavi LOL


Delhi slums are nothing compared to Mumbai slums.  Have you been to either one of these cities ya phir hawa mein hee baatein kartey jaa rahey hoLOL

When I compare delhi and mumbai, I usually leave the infrastructure and poverty out of the comparison.  India does not have a good track record when it comes to both those points.


Has anyone on this forum gone inside those small bylanes of Dharavi?? Ermm

I have. I'd have to pass there almost every day for 6 weeks every time we'd go out and then come back. Oh and my grandad works for one of the medical clinics in the area too.

I can guarantee you that I haven't come across a smell that is worse than the one when you pass DharaviDeadThis isn't related to the topic but the one thing that I never understood is that why right in the centre of Dharavi there is a massive Pakistani flag.Confused

@debayon: I'm guessing you're referring to Mumbai domestic airport and not the international airport right? I've always thought Mumbai International Airport needs a lot of work. In fact this time round they've extended quite a bit and they've got so much work going on right outside the airport, but it's the inside which needs to be more developed. On the other hand, Mumbai domestic airport is surprisingly really good! The facilities, cleanliness and just the general look of it is of a pretty high standard. 

Can I just say that despite all of Mumbai's drawbacks, I love the city to bits! <3

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Joined: 01 October 2008

Posts: 20191

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by debayon

Well, being a native of Delhi, I would have strongly protested that argument had I not visited Mumbai this summer. Mumbai by all means qualifies as an international city. When I first arrived in Mumbai, the first thing I could not help but notice is the quality of the airport. It made me wonder why the Commonwealth Games are being held in Delhi. Such impeccable quality of the airport was comparable to some of the world's best airports. The bathrooms were top-class and the facilities were brilliant. Then, I noticed that the Mumbai people for the most part follow the traffic and the police is prompt in keeping the law in place. That combined with some beautiful sceneries and beautiful weather and a melting pot of old and new(or modern) traditions, such as the Sea Links or the Parsi part of the town(forgot the name) made me proud to be Indian.
 
Lastly, I would also prefer Mumbai because the CID team lives there.
 
Being a Delhiite, I am really saddened by the condition of my city in comparsion to MumbaiOuch
 
You obviously haven't landed here, have you?
 
Oh, I am so sorry, Delhiites, I forgot to mention T3, my bad!Ouch I landed there 2 days after the domestic services started for T3. And I must say, it was very impressive, comparable to the world's top most airportsClap I mean, I can't think of any other airports that take 1 and a half hours to start the baggage claim carsouel to start. Truly remarkable! Hats off to T3!ClapClapClap

Edited by debayon - 05 December 2010 at 1:52pm

souro

Moderator

souro

Joined: 27 January 2007

Posts: 13894

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by old-black-joe


dunno, you didn't seem poor, I thought only poor people lived in  delhi, y'know, in the slums... though nothin compares to mumbais dharavi LOL


Delhi slums are nothing compared to Mumbai slums.  Have you been to either one of these cities ya phir hawa mein hee baatein kartey jaa rahey hoLOL

When I compare delhi and mumbai, I usually leave the infrastructure and poverty out of the comparison.  India does not have a good track record when it comes to both those points.


Has anyone on this forum gone inside those small bylanes of Dharavi?? Ermm

I have. I'd have to pass there almost every day for 6 weeks every time we'd go out and then come back. Oh and my grandad works for one of the medical clinics in the area too.

I can guarantee you that I haven't come across a smell that is worse than the one when you pass DharaviDeadThis isn't related to the topic but the one thing that I never understood is that why right in the centre of Dharavi there is a massive Pakistani flag.Confused

@debayon: I'm guessing you're referring to Mumbai domestic airport and not the international airport right? I've always thought Mumbai International Airport needs a lot of work. In fact this time round they've extended quite a bit and they've got so much work going on right outside the airport, but it's the inside which needs to be more developed. On the other hand, Mumbai domestic airport is surprisingly really good! The facilities, cleanliness and just the general look of it is of a pretty high standard. 

Can I just say that despite all of Mumbai's drawbacks, I love the city to bits! <3

You misunderstood me. I was talking about the interior of the slum, the narrow bylanes that are there. Of course it'll be smelly if you pass by that area, afterall there is Mithi river just on the other side of the road, serving as an illegal dump ground for a major part of the city.

Massive Pakistan flag?? Shocked I've heard that Bandra East slums are notorious for supporting Pakistan but I haven't seen any Pakistani flag in that area till now (not that I go there everyday). Are you sure it was Pakistani flag and not just the green flag with star and crescent that muslims use??

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008

Posts: 9280

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by old-black-joe


dunno, you didn't seem poor, I thought only poor people lived in  delhi, y'know, in the slums... though nothin compares to mumbais dharavi LOL


Delhi slums are nothing compared to Mumbai slums.  Have you been to either one of these cities ya phir hawa mein hee baatein kartey jaa rahey hoLOL

When I compare delhi and mumbai, I usually leave the infrastructure and poverty out of the comparison.  India does not have a good track record when it comes to both those points.


Has anyone on this forum gone inside those small bylanes of Dharavi?? Ermm

I have. I'd have to pass there almost every day for 6 weeks every time we'd go out and then come back. Oh and my grandad works for one of the medical clinics in the area too.

I can guarantee you that I haven't come across a smell that is worse than the one when you pass DharaviDeadThis isn't related to the topic but the one thing that I never understood is that why right in the centre of Dharavi there is a massive Pakistani flag.Confused

@debayon: I'm guessing you're referring to Mumbai domestic airport and not the international airport right? I've always thought Mumbai International Airport needs a lot of work. In fact this time round they've extended quite a bit and they've got so much work going on right outside the airport, but it's the inside which needs to be more developed. On the other hand, Mumbai domestic airport is surprisingly really good! The facilities, cleanliness and just the general look of it is of a pretty high standard. 

Can I just say that despite all of Mumbai's drawbacks, I love the city to bits! <3

You misunderstood me. I was talking about the interior of the slum, the narrow bylanes that are there. Of course it'll be smelly if you pass by that area, afterall there is Mithi river just on the other side of the road, serving as an illegal dump ground for a major part of the city.

Massive Pakistan flag?? Shocked I've heard that Bandra East slums are notorious for supporting Pakistan but I haven't seen any Pakistani flag in that area till now (not that I go there everyday). Are you sure it was Pakistani flag and not just the green flag with star and crescent that muslims use??


You mean actually walk down those lanes? Then nope, and I would never want to either. The conditions are really really bad. But we have driven on a motorcycle through some of the narrow roads down Dharavi, though I think you are talking about something else. It isn't just the river that causes that disgusting smell though souro, people treat the road as public toilets but the sad thing is that the government don't even do much to help those people.

Isn't the Islamic flag a little different to the Pakistani one? I'm pretty sure it was the Pakistani flag but I may be wrong.

On a lighter note, talking about Bandra I remember when I was making my way there once for a bit of shopping, there was an auto rickshaw in front of us and at the back of it was written 'Only 3 idiots allowed'LOLAlthough that'll never stop me and my cousins from going to the rickshaw wala's and asking them 'Bhaisaab 4 aadmi loge?'Tongue

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 20745

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Isn't the Islamic flag a little different to the Pakistani one? I'm pretty sure it was the Pakistani flag but I may be wrong.


The Islamic flag is very common in Dharavi areas.

I doubt people in Mumbai would let a large Pakistani flag fly free like that.

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

On a lighter note, talking about Bandra I remember when I was making my way there once for a bit of shopping, there was an auto rickshaw in front of us and at the back of it was written 'Only 3 idiots allowed'LOLAlthough that'll never stop me and my cousins from going to the rickshaw wala's and asking them 'Bhaisaab 4 aadmi loge?'Tongue


Haha, its a bummer no rickshaws beyond Sion.

Some of my best Bombay memories are haggling with rickshawallahs and bus conductors for chutta. I even remember going to movies in Vashi with sometimes 4-6 of us crammed in rickshaw. We won't even ask - just pile in and say theater. LOL

So has any Bombaiyya person blacked tickets? Tongue




Edited by return_to_hades - 05 December 2010 at 4:35pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 20745

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe



I think these have the best lyrics:  Big smile

Jana-Gana-Mana-Adhinayaka, Jaya He
Bharata-Bhagya-Vidhata
Punjab-Sindhu-Gujarata-Maratha
Dravida-Utkala-Banga
Vindhya-Himachala-Yamuna-Ganga
Uchchhala-Jaladhi Taranga
Tava Subha Name Jage
Tava Subha Ashisa Mage


Gahe Tava Jaya Gatha.
Jana-Gana-Mangala Dayaka, Jaya He
Bharata-Bhagya-Vidhata,
Jaya He, Jaya He, Jaya He,
Jaya Jaya Jaya, Jaya He


Nice to see your patriotic sides OBJ.

If anyone doubted it, this topic is just for lighthearted fun. Its fun sometimes to battle our beloved cities and hometown.

But I'm sure we all are Indians and love all of India equally. Whichever parts I have traveled to, I've loved and enjoyed it. I've always been bummed of not going to the North and would love to visit Delhi and the surrounding areas someday.

But yeah you still can't take the Bombay out of a Bombayite. Smile

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Joined: 01 October 2008

Posts: 20191

Posted: 05 December 2010 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
But I still feel I'm betraying my hometown. Ouch Par mein toh sach bol raha hoon

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Dense fog in Delhi- pollutioin?

2

Summer3 11 520 21 January 2010 at 10:05pm
By Summer3
Mumbai or Bombay?

2 3 4 5 6

Shambo 41 2163 13 October 2009 at 1:55am
By Swathikrishnan
Iranian President on Mumbai Attacks trustt 0 433 28 March 2009 at 11:40pm
By trustt
Ban on Ragging in Delhi University

2

JhoomBJhoom 12 963 19 July 2007 at 11:01pm
By mittijalebi
Less (Women) 2 WL Riders in Delhi? SolidSnake 6 456 20 February 2007 at 5:34am
By ani11

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.