Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 17)

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
my opinion is going to be biased because I've practically lived in delhi all my life, so yes, it's delhi for me Tongue I haven't really been to bombay minus a few quick visits, so from whatever little that I've seen, I think bombay is fast, attractive, intense and very very dirty. everyone works and everyone runs around, and there is no time for a breather at all.

delhi is alot more laid-back and chilled out Tongue basically the total opposite of bombay in every aspect - slow, cultural, calm and cleaner. people have lots of time and money on their hands here and waste both of them without any guilt LOL 

basically, bombay has the perfect work culture while delhi has the perfect 'social' culture. although I will have to add that people in bombayare definitely more down-to-earth as compared to delhi. so everyone whose ambitious and wants to make big bucks should migrate to bombay while all the creative people should stay put in delhi (it offers a multitude of cultural/creative pursuits)
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Neetz, long time no see in this part of the woods. *hugs* even though you are from that place called Delhi. How have you been?

Btw, you missed some prostitution fireworks. Were you not the one who lit that spark on DM last year around?

So Delhi is slow, boring, and total opposite of awesomeness that is Bombay. Thanks for the affirmation.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Neetz, long time no see in this part of the woods. *hugs* even though you are from that place called Delhi. How have you been?

Btw, you missed some prostitution fireworks. Were you not the one who lit that spark on DM last year around?

So Delhi is slow, boring, and total opposite of awesomeness that is Bombay. Thanks for the affirmation.

yo RTH! I've been irritable and nasty, but otherwise good LOL

did I? it's been a long time since I visited this place so I might have, didn't know the fireworks had been ignited once again Tongue

bombay is ultra fast and tiring too, totally opposite of coolness that is delhi Tongue
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

Its all over hon, all over. Leave the bitterness and anger behind. Tongue

So you've grown up in Delhi all the time. You sound more spunky, like you should be from Bombay.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Its all over hon, all over. Leave the bitterness and anger behind. Tongue I already have, I wouldn't have entered DM otherwise - one has to be baggage free to survive here Tongue

So you've grown up in Delhi all the time. You sound more spunky, like you should be from Bombay. yes, pretty much. minus the few years that I spent in a boarding school. I think the spunk's come from there Tongue

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
CZ Di, I thought you were from Mumbai?Shocked Kahan se?
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 6:53pm | IP Logged

Btw, I hear Delhi can't serve up a proper filter coffee brew for the life of them.
That is sooo not true.

Edited by debayon - 07 December 2010 at 6:53pm
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Now put all that food nobody has heard on one side and put the delicious Vada-pav on the other side... now what you want to say.....yeh kay Parikrama angeethi... what the heck is all this noone has ever heard of!!!!!!.... calcutta fares better than delhi and so does Gauri's Jaunpur!!!  Delhi has to depend on UP and punjab for its cuisine!! is there any signature food for delhites made by delhities.. like pav bhaji by the great mumbaikars!!!!!!

Bapu ji, shakahaari ho ya maansahaari? Depending on that batayenge Dilli ki cuisine kya hai Tongue 

@Debo - Chaat at Nathu's, or Shajahan Road, Dosa and filter coffee at Madras Hotel in CP, Chinese food from the vans in Janpath, Karim's kabab's in Nizamuddin/Jama Masjid, dal pakodey in lajpat Nagar, gajar ka halwa and chhole bhatoorey at Roshan di Hatti in Karol Bagh...Big smile 
Well, when we lived in Delhi, everyone used to listen to my mom about where to go out to eat(which pissed me off big time). And my mom was so into saving money, so we generally didn't go to uber expensive places even if we could afford too. Plus, my mom liked Chinese and SI, so we mostly went out to those types of restaurants(which also ticked me off, because unlike my parents, I'm a proper Dilliwalla, who needs his spicesTongue

Oh, Chaat at Nathu's is awesome, nothing compared to what they have at that crappy Haldiram's or Bikaner. Nah, the best(and simple) dosas you can get is at Karnataka Bhavan in CP itself(I think Janpath area), Karim's is incomparable as far as Mughlai cuisine is concerned in the city, although I've had better at Nizam's in Kolkata, TBH.

Ohh, and the best ice-cream sodas you can get at Nirula's, under the Lajpat Nagar bridge or the outside Chankya Cinema hallBig smile

Go to top