hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

But how's that possible? I'm my own best friendLOL

Coke Float FTW!!!Heart
Sucks that they don't sell it here :( There's no fun in pouring coke in a glass and added ice-cream to it at home!LOL

You have to try Nando's some day. I just checked and they've opened a branch in Bangalore. Maybe soon there'll be one in Chennai too ;)

Then I am you. Stern Smile

I wanna try out a coke float Big smile

no, nando's will "eventually" open in chennai.. lol ..

oh here are some revies:

http://chennai.burrp.com/listing/nandos-peri-peri_mumbai-central_mumbai_restaurants/198800811__AB##listing

eek. LOL

btw, which pizza place do you like the most?

You can't be me!ShockedI'm too awesome for you to be meLOL

I didn't even realise there was one in Mumbai. Thanks for that. Reviews don't look great though. People here love it to bits. I'm still peed off that they've shut most Pizza Hut's in Mumbai. Now I have to travel 40 odd minutes to get to Juhu just to go Pizza Hut! :@

Ahh OBJ please tell me you've tried coke float before?! It's lovelyyyy :) Never thought I'd use the word 'lovely' to describe a drinkLOLdo you get 'innocent smothie' drinks there? They're smoothies made completely from fruit and surprisingly, it's very tasty. Quite popular too, not to mention they charge 3 for a bottle.Ouch

When it comes to Pizza's..I'm not that fussed. I only eat veg pizza's though. I don't mind Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa John's. Pizza Hut for a family meal and Papa John's for take away I guess. The Papa John's in US taste so much better though. Same goes for subway. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 15)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged
chennai burp .com lol..wat kinda site is dat...
lol..pizza...hmmm..well d best i had was at big chill! khan market

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged
pizza hut pizzas r too greasy..altho i like d varieties of flavours...:P

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:43am | IP Logged

But how's that possible? I'm my own best friendLOL

Coke Float FTW!!!Heart
Sucks that they don't sell it here :( There's no fun in pouring coke in a glass and added ice-cream to it at home!LOL

You have to try Nando's some day. I just checked and they've opened a branch in Bangalore. Maybe soon there'll be one in Chennai too ;)

Then I am you. Stern Smile

I wanna try out a coke float Big smile

no, nando's will "eventually" open in chennai.. lol ..

oh here are some revies:

http://chennai.burrp.com/listing/nandos-peri-peri_mumbai-central_mumbai_restaurants/198800811__AB##listing

eek. LOL

btw, which pizza place do you like the most?

You can't be me!ShockedI'm too awesome for you to be meLOL

I didn't even realise there was one in Mumbai. Thanks for that. Reviews don't look great though. People here love it to bits. I'm still peed off that they've shut most Pizza Hut's in Mumbai. Now I have to travel 40 odd minutes to get to Juhu just to go Pizza Hut! :@

Ahh OBJ please tell me you've tried coke float before?! It's lovelyyyy :) Never thought I'd use the word 'lovely' to describe a drinkLOLdo you get 'innocent smothie' drinks there? They're smoothies made completely from fruit and surprisingly, it's very tasty. Quite popular too, not to mention they charge 3 for a bottle.Ouch

When it comes to Pizza's..I'm not that fussed. I only eat veg pizza's though. I don't mind Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa John's. Pizza Hut for a family meal and Papa John's for take away I guess. The Papa John's in US taste so much better though. Same goes for subway. 

oh, many americans say that the huts, the dominoes are all crap and they prefer the ones like lombardi's, rays pizza.. rth likes the glass plate. LOL 

nope, none of the rstaurants ever serve floats...

wait? 300 for a bottle? LOL

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luv_wacko

pizza hut pizzas r too greasy..altho i like d varieties of flavours...:P

hmmm pizza hut attempts at putting cheese, unlike dominos. I liked pizza delhi but overnight it turned into some crap. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:51am | IP Logged
For some stupid reason, IF doesn't let me enter the pound sign. :@
I meant 3 pounds for a bottle. About this size..

http://www.zoommagazine.dk/img/artikler/innocent-smoothie3035.jpg 

Funny you mention that. My cousin from the US came round a couple of months ago and when I told her, let's go McD's, she told me about how in US, Americans have this 'thing' where they just don't go to east at McD's. At least with students it's like that anyway.

I guess the British equivalent of the restaurant's mentioned above would be Strada and Zizzi's. I'm a huge fan of Pizza Express too. It's seen as like a 'posh Pizza restaurant'. Baked dough balls dipped in butter are to die for!

souro

souro

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

^^ Qwerty he is talking about restaurants and their names. And couldn't you find something better than vada pav. Is that even food. Dead It's only considered food by college students and young sales people who want to spend less on food so they can spend more on whiskey.

Don't say anything against Vada Pav!AngryLOL

Vada Pav is awesome! It is proper food according to me, just like a McDonald's meal and it is so damn tasty too! :D

You know some people may actually like the taste of it and may not be saving money to spend on whiskey instead.Confused

yeah, and justin beiber has talent. Wacko

Sarcasm or not, he does. You may not be able to see it or appreciate it, but that doesn't mean he isn't talented.
Although I believe that, I'm not a huge fan. Btw I hate whiskey, wonder what that makes me?

Okay, so you're Russian and like vodka. Tongue I'm not fond of alcohol and can't stand the smell of whiskey, it makes me nauseous. And I really don't understand why people like to drink beer. How on earth can someone enjoy drinking such bitter tasting water is beyond me. Confused

Back to food. Admit it miss, Mumbai is not that good when it comes to food. And no, vada pav, samosa pav, misel pav, pav bhaji, etc. are not proper food. Tongue I've tasted those things without the pav, they still don't taste anything exceptional but atleast far better than when had with that tasteless rubbery thing called pav.
Yes there are some good restaurants, but almost all serve some foreign cuisine, not indigenous to Maharashtra. The closest thing that one can call Mumbai's unique are the Parsi restaurants. But instead of flourishing, they are fast dwindling. I don't understand why they don't come out of town and open branches in Bandra Link road or in some malls.
Other than Parsi cuisine, you can name any other dish and there is a better version available in other cities. Take the example of biriyani. It's one of the most popular dishes in India. But biriyani in Mumbai is a joke. Have biriyani in a Kolkata restaurant or in Shadab hotel in Hyderabad, they are far better. I haven't had biriyani in Lucknow yet, but have heard that it's really good. Delhi may not be famous for biriyani but like any north Indian city, they serve good biriyani.

But there is one thing in which Mumbai easily scores higher than any other Indian city. Natural's icecream. It is extremely good. Pity it has such short shelf life. Else it would have easily become a favourite across the globe and I'm not exaggerating.

Edited by souro - 07 December 2010 at 11:36am

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Hmm seems like the Mumbai Delhi discussion took a turn for food. Mmm hungry.

I'm shocked at statements that Mumbai is not good for food. I'm a total street food junkie, and there is no place in the world that dishes up street food like Mumbai.  Hot vada pavs are the most amazing thing ever, especially with the red chutney and mirchi. Love the rest of the street stuff too like misal pav, usal pav, dabeli, samosa pav etc. Then there is always the pani puris and chats and all. Guru Kripa has the best in all types of snack food. Oooh and then there is Frankie too. Even the street chinese is unique.

Yes, Mumbai does seem to have a lot more of the foreign cuisines than local ethnic restaurants. The Parsi restaurants are ethnic, but how could Souro forget all the Udipi restraurants in Kings circle area. I went to college at Ruia and the best thing in the world was Manis where they used to have unlimited chutney sambar with whatever you ordered. Kings Circle has good South Indian Thalis too.

Fusion cuisine is good in Bombay too - Chinese dosa.

As for alcohol - Heck I'm Goan and live in Wisconsin.

I used to hate beer, but for the past few years I've started trying some. Besides when you are a student on a budget, $2 pitchers are manna from heaven. I personally prefer darks like Guinnes. Man up boys, Man up!

Not a fan of whiskey, its too harsh for me - but Jack and Coke or Jack and Sprite works. Prefer vodka because its versatile and all pretty girlie drinks can be made with vodka - white chocolate martinis, cosmopolitans, raspberry or cranberry vodka. Whats good is one vodka cocktail is as good as a couple beers.

Those who are not fans of alcohol, may I suggest Dangerade. Take a bottle of Gatorade and pour out top 1/4 or 1/6. Replace with vodka. Mix lightly and you have a waterbottle for your hand bag. No alchohol smell, you alcohol taste, smells, drinks tastes just like Gatorade. You dont even know you are drinking.

PS: Don't listen to me. I'm a terrible role model.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfleeseunggilove

Post Reply New Post

Go to top