Debate Mansion

Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 19

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged
vada pav is nice, thats abt it. I keep hearing about it on tv, don't know why it's so popular.. maybe it's a "mass but crass" type of food  LOL

My mom has been to both places and she told me that delhi food is a million times better than the mumbai people's food. mumbai food is nice though , I guess it's of a higher quality than chennai food on an average.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

leeseunggilove-PoisonIvy-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai vs. Delhi (Page 12)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:29am | IP Logged
[QUOTE] originally posted by Gauri_3

Bapu ji ko maro goli aur chalo Dilli!  Kya yaad dila diya subah subah, bahni!

Paranthey from Prantheywali gali in chandni chowk - yummieeee!  Then there's sweets from Gnatewala who has been in business since late 1700's.  Their sohan halwa is amazing!  Delhi has so much history behind it's food joints.  We will cross 150 pages if we start discussing all that here!

Have you been to Pindi and/or Gulati in Pandara road?  You get delicious veg & non-veg dishes there and reasonably priced too!  Then there are road-side dhabas around Cannaught Place, especially Kake da Dhaba, that churn out mouth watering veg as well as non-veg dishes.  Bhalla chaat at ITO, out of this world chholey  bhaturey at Kwality restaurant in Cannaught Place and Evergreen in Green Park, momos at dilli haat, wide varieties of sandwiches and pizzas at Nirula's even before pizza hut and Mc Donald's went global!  I can go on and on and on raving about the awesome food joints in Delhi!  The list is never ending.

Why Delhi offers a better variety and even better quality of food than Mumbai? 
Simple - because Delhi has gone through many dynasties in past.  Each dynasty, be it Rajputs, Arabs, Afghans, Mughals and English left their mark on Delhi's cuisine.  Right after partition, the Punjabis came from Pakistan into delhi with nothing, made Delhi home in a short span of time and introduced a whole new line of cuisine - the daal makhani, butter chicken and whole bunch of tandoori apetizers.  What Delhi-ites don't like, they easily amend like the famous Indian-Chinese cuisine that first originated in Delhi!

Mumbai can keep on trying but will never get so many personalities in her cuisine.  Delhi kicks Mumbai's a$$ fair and square when it comes to food:)

[QUOTE]

dang gauri di now im hungryLOLLOLLOL

Edited by luv_wacko - 07 December 2010 at 9:29am

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by souro

^^ Qwerty he is talking about restaurants and their names. And couldn't you find something better than vada pav. Is that even food. Dead It's only considered food by college students and young sales people who want to spend less on food so they can spend more on whiskey.

Don't say anything against Vada Pav!AngryLOL

Vada Pav is awesome! It is proper food according to me, just like a McDonald's meal and it is so damn tasty too! :D

You know some people may actually like the taste of it and may not be saving money to spend on whiskey instead.Confused

yeah, and justin beiber has talent. Wacko

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leeseunggilove

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Goa!.jpg/280px-Goa!.jpg

craaaaving.

leeseunggilove

leeseunggilove

IF-Rockerz

leeseunggilove

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by luv_wacko

dang gauri di now im hungryLOLLOLLOL

Tell me about itLOL  I have been drooling ever since I started typing that post up!  Food is one reason why I enjoy visiting Delhi during winters!  The gazak, rewari, gajar ka halwa, garma garam moongphali ....... drooling againLOL
lol moonfhali ki patti n gajak..yum..leme go n eat that nw..LOL
ohh u forgot pinniLOLWinkBig smile

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

leeseunggilove

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by souro

^^ Qwerty he is talking about restaurants and their names. And couldn't you find something better than vada pav. Is that even food. Dead It's only considered food by college students and young sales people who want to spend less on food so they can spend more on whiskey.

Don't say anything against Vada Pav!AngryLOL

Vada Pav is awesome! It is proper food according to me, just like a McDonald's meal and it is so damn tasty too! :D

You know some people may actually like the taste of it and may not be saving money to spend on whiskey instead.Confused

Tells me a lot about your taste in food, diaLOL

I'm a total junk food addict so a McDonald's meal and Vada Pav is very much considered a proper meal to meWink

Hmm I was going to use the word 'junkie' but then realised it may sound a little weirdLOL 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top