Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 December 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
day, December 3rd, 2010 | Posted by Neha Agrawal

"Reality Shows are a big platform to be known by your own name".. Raahil Azam

Total Hits: 6

He is tall, young and handsome. Not only this with twelve soaps already on his list he is one of the most popular and demanded actor on screen. His lead role in Gulaal stands testimony to his popularity. This software engineer from Bangalore is Raahil Azam. Below is a snapshot of his conversation with TellyCafe.com

Raahil Azam

Raahil Azam

Q. How does it feel to be back on TV with Gulaal?

Ans. BACK on TV. I was always there. I have been on television for the last ten years.

Q. But you are seen on television after almost a year.

Ans. Yes that's because I always wait for the right opportunity to bang my door. That's the reason I have always been on and off from the screen. Before Gulaal it was Mr and Mrs Mishra on Sahara Tv. After that nothing great came my way so I was on a break for some time. But now when Gulaal is there I am right there for my viewers.

Q. What all serials have you worked in?

Ans. I started with a serial called Ek Tukda chaand ka on Zee tv. After that in chronological order I did Bhabhi and Kahin Kissi Roz for Star One, Achanak saaitis saal baad for Sony, Hatim Tai and Saarthi for Star Plus, Yeh Meri Life Hain for Sony, Resham Dunk and Ssshhh koi hain for Star one, Parivaar for Zee Tv, Baabul Ka Aangan Chootey naa for Sony, Mr and Mrs Mishra for Sahara One. And now I am doing Gulaal for Star Plus.

Q. How did Gulaal happen to you?

Ans. As I have told u I have been in this industry for the last ten years. So the producers knew about my acting skills. When they approached me for this role I said yes without even reading the script.

Q. Without even reading the script. That's pretty hard to believe.

Ans. I always feel that if the director and producer of the show have belief in me then I can portray any role and do justice to it. On top of that this is a Sphere origins show, so there was no question to doubt their creditworthiness.

Q. Don't you think this can backfire you sometime when you accept a role without reading the script?

Ans. See I have already been in the industry for long. I have created a niche for myself. My audience love me and wait to see me on television. And more so I am an actor. I feel I should not be choosy and play every character with full zest and zeal. Whether it's the role of an 18 year old or 70 year old, an actor should have the ability to do justice to the role completely.

Q. How did the role of Vasant ji interest you?

Ans. Vasant is a character who is 25 years old. For long I had not played a role of this age. So when I came to know about this I simply grabbed it.

Q. What did you want to be as a child?

Ans. An actor was one thing I always wanted to be. I use to stand in front of mirror and ask myself, "If this face comes on screen. Will the whistles be blown or not". My answer to this was always yes.

Q. Then why did you do engineering from Bangalore?

Ans. I always advocate education whether you are an actor or a business man or anything else on this earth. I was always very hard working and bright with my studies. To pursue education I didn't want to be simply a B.Sc or a commerce graduate. I always wanted to do some higher form of education. So I took up Software engineering as my basic graduation. In future if ever I have to fall back I can always take up engineering as my profession.

Q. You wanted to be a bollywood actor or TV actor?

Ans. An actor is an actor whether for movies or serials. I came to Mumbai to be an actor. I gave auditions and look tests for various shows. While doing this I did some music videos and ad films. Then one day I got a call to do a movie Sssshhhhh where three boys were getting introduced with Sanjay Dutt as the lead. Mr. Raj Sippy was directing this movie and finalized me for one of the three boys. But somehow the project never took up and in the mean time I got an offer to play a role in Zee Tv's Ek Tukda Chaand Ka. Shilpa Saklani and me were getting introduced with this show. I found this very interesting and that's how my journey on television started.

Vasantji in Gulaal

Vasantji in Gulaal

Q. Who is your favourite TV and Bollywood actor?

Ans. Frankly speaking I don't follow many of the daily shows so it would not be correct to comment on this. As far as Bollywood is concerned no one has ever come close to Mr. Yusuf Khan ( Dilip Kumar). He is one actor that is beyond comparison. He totally stands testimony to the fact that no acting schools can teach you acting. A person is born actor. He is an epitome of talent which no one can ever cross. I admire him and will keep respecting him all my life. He is an institution in himself.

Q. What is your favorite food?

Ans.  Ummmm….anything in non veg.

Q. How do you maintain yourself to look good on screen?

Ans. I don't do much. I simply do a few stretches and jogging to keep myself fit.

Q. But your counterparts these days have been hitting the gym to maintain six packs. Don't you feel the need to do so?

Ans. Not at all. I feel I have already done that long time back. For me it is more important to be fit. If my character demands it, I will do it. But if I am looking good on screen I don't feel the need to maintain six packs.

Q.Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Ans. Honestly speaking I don't know. I never plan my future. But one thing I know is that I will be a director some day.

Q. What about your love life? Are you seeing someone.

Ans. No I am very much single.
Q. When do you plan to get married?

Ans. I don't know. It will happen whenever it has to happen.

Q. What are your views on Reality shows like Bigg Boss and Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa? Will you ever participate in any of them.

Ans.  I don't see any harm in participating in reality shows. In fact I see it as a big platform to be known by your own name among the viewers. When we play a character on screen, we are identified by that name only among the viewers. In this process we lose our identity somewhere. In spite of working so hard for long we don't get identifies with our names. So I really see this plus point with the reality shows.

Q. A message to your fans.

Ans. I really love them for accepting me for ten long years. I will always keep living to their expectations and give good performances as much as possible.

– Neha Agrawal  / TellyCafe.com

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010_KAYNAAT_Simi.Sweet-Afeelicious-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reality Shows are a big platform -Raahil" in Gulaal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Simi.Sweet

IF-Rockerz

Simi.Sweet

Posted: 03 December 2010 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Day Dreaming

XSilentPrayersX

IF-Sizzlerz

XSilentPrayersX

Posted: 03 December 2010 at 10:56am | IP Logged
 OMG he i single BlushingTongueROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_KAYNAAT_

_KAYNAAT_

_KAYNAAT_

Posted: 03 December 2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged
he is a fab actor a pleasure 2 watchClap

-Afeelicious-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Afeelicious-

Posted: 03 December 2010 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.