Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

moral values- irrelavant today? (Page 2)

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by old-black-joe

The important aspect is goal. What is our societal goal? What can be done to achieve it?

We have to take into consideration that we are in a diverse society, so the goals of each persons are different. People should live and let live, ie, live uninhibited,but at the same time, the general goal should be not to ruin anyone elses life in society.

Old world values are good in theory, they have to be made flexible in todays current world.

Sometimes, I have to say you surprise me. Most of the time you post, one can expect a somewhat on topic, but very off-beat and weird OBJ-esque comment. But every now and then you post something that is thoughtful and sensible. 

haha, this is how I speak and behave in real life, sarina LOL thanks!
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
"  Morality is not black and white as some here make it appear.  There is alwyas a huge grey area left that is subjective to the situation.  "

Theres a show called we the people where in every show, someone realises this and says it halfway during the show LOL
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Some of the posts recently on DM are making me wonder if moral values are of any relevance today or are they obsolete Confused  Do those age old values serve any purpose ?

Do we need to have some of the age old values taught by our parents or do we reject each one of them outright in the name of liberty /free will / modernity?
 We can discuss the pros and cons of getting rid of morality in our society .

I can understand some people wanting to stay away from some threads but hey this is intended to be a clean thread . feel free to post your honest opinion Tongue

Morals ki parwaah karenge to Mars tak kaise jayenge.....Ermm....on a serious note...I was thinking about this that have we really lost it.......in the name of freedom and free will....kuchh bhi chalega......when I saw the topic on prostitution I was thinking...ki its a no brainer......and everyone will be against it......and I was shocked to read the whole thread......the people who are against legalizing prostitution have been outnumbered...LOL.....I'll say whatever....for me morals come first....and I can exercise my  freedom without loosing my moral values and the things I believe in...
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by zorrro

Some of the posts recently on DM are making me wonder if moral values are of any relevance today or are they obsolete Confused  Do those age old values serve any purpose ?

Do we need to have some of the age old values taught by our parents or do we reject each one of them outright in the name of liberty /free will / modernity?
 We can discuss the pros and cons of getting rid of morality in our society .

I can understand some people wanting to stay away from some threads but hey this is intended to be a clean thread . feel free to post your honest opinion Tongue

Morals ki parwaah karenge to Mars tak kaise jayenge.....Ermm....on a serious note...I was thinking about this that have we really lost it.......in the name of freedom and free will....kuchh bhi chalega......when I saw the topic on prostitution I was thinking...ki its a no brainer......and everyone will be against it......and I was shocked to read the whole thread......the people who are against legalizing prostitution have been outnumbered...LOL.....I'll say whatever....for me morals come first....and I can exercise my  freedom without loosing my moral values and the things I believe in...
I am not surprised blue ice  thats the way it is. people do not voice their thoughts or views and then when  views contrary to theirs get espoused and accepted as the views of majority they sulk and blame the govt. ! Its so much easier to blame someone than take responsibility for things as they are. LOL It would be unrealistic to expect everyone to have the same views as our own , but that shouldnt prevent us from placing our genuine feelings and views beore others. That way at least it gets a chance of being addressed . Perhaps we are living in confused times when we do not know good from the bad , I wont say right or wrong as that would be too strong a term. We create the world we live in. The least we can do is voice our genuine concerns - if we have no concerns and are fine with everything that is also OK by me LOL Each according to his own !

edited to add this * 

Its possible that people do not voice their opinions for fear of being ridiculed . Is that good or bad? Should one be ridiculing the other or not ? Would trying to stop one from ones way of addressing another constitute moralising ? Are the anti moralising brigade fine with that ?

Edited by angie.4u - 30 November 2010 at 7:02pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by angie.4u

The breakdown of the family and the decay of discipline in the schools which the progressivists (so-called) have engineered has contributed in a very large measure to the groW*H of teenage vandalism, crime, drugs and alcoholism. The escalation of these problems corresponds to the decline of the family and familial discipline and to the groW*H of permissiveness.

I somewhat agree with the rest of the post but not this part. Progressive people didn't encourage decay of discipline in schools, over indulging parents did. Progressive would be to embrace new things but only the good ones, not vandalism, crime, drugs and alcohol. Something like introducing computer in school work, just when computer is emerging as the next hot thing, is what one can call progressive.
How do we define good things souro ? Smile 
There would be people strongly in support of things you listed as bad in these few examples above. You consider computers as progressive (so do I) but believe me there are  people even now, who strongly oppose computerisation in institutions giving various excuses.... ..for their own vested interests ! Each one has his own axe to grind !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

sorry, quoted by mistake instead of editing

Edited by angie.4u - 30 November 2010 at 7:03pm

Go to top