Fan Fictions

Plagiarism...once again! *Please read*

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
I'm sure that by now most of you are aware of the plagiarism offenses commited by a very popular FF writer from this section, who even received awards for her so-called work.  If not, you can find more information here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1522270

But I'm not here to rehash old stories.  Unfortunately, despite all my efforts to eradicate plagiarism from this section, it still persists.  Some members are finding Fan Fictions from other forums, changing the character names and reposting them here, without even a minimal attempt or effort to be creative.  And yet, they are receiving praise for this, because readers aren't aware of the situation.  One case in particular has caught my attention, not only because the "author" plagiarized multiple stories, taking credit for the hard work and creativity of other individuals, but also because she received countless compliments for her "writing style".  The moment I had indisputable proof of this offense, I decided that the first thing I would do is let you all know.  Call me vindictive, but I cannot bear the idea of anyone getting away with something like this.   

The member in question is yasu09, and below are links to stories supposedly written by her.  All the topics have now been closed, and in the last post of each, I provided the link for the original story.

I urge you all, please don't let this happen again.  Nobody should be able to get away with plagiarism for this long.  If you have any reason to suspect that a Fan Fiction may be copied from someone else's work, please do a quick google search on some of the story's text.  If you find a match, let me know as soon as possible, so I can take the necessary action.

Thanks in advance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrazyChatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
i cant believe yasu plagiarized her ff's...i really liked them though, now i am just gonna read the originals...

btw rabia, if i wanna "borrow" the storyline, or  a few scenes but write them all in my own words because that scene or track is impt to my fan-fic, am i allowed to do that? i mean, i can giv credit to the original writen and all, or ask permission before..
all i can say is, i just feel bad that the person felt no shame claiming others work. It is a pityful sight....

Edited by -Sajjal- - 13 years ago
bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Rabia.. for takign action..I just cant understand what fun they get by doign this..they know very well the compliments the rewarding comments are not at all for them.. so what they gain? nothign but by doign this they cheat others and themselves...the readers who r cheated how much they r hurt and curse such cheaters thats what they gain.. really shameful that this is still continuign in our ff section...

I appreciate the efforts taken by the modz..seriously u guys give us hope that there are peopel to take note and this cant continue for long..

Bhoomi

Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Omg...Rabia,

I don't believe it its so shocking both of yasu and kainath....I mean I loved their work and i always wow such good writing skills i feel like i'm cheated you know.....
fine you can take up some inspiration from someone's writing but cut-copy-pasting the entire thing and only changing names is what i don't like.....

to be true we all take inspiration from someone or the other at times its natural even I have done that once and even informed the author when I did that that I've taken some inspiration from your work coz it reminded me of something that took place in my life and reading this transported me back to tht time, but I din copy maybe somethings were similar but then the entire later part was mine...and i don't say that i'm cheating...hope i've not...please lemme know....but I've told the author earlier and also posted my story link to her...coz i just took inspiration nothing more..... but doesn't mean we copy entirely after that it is our imagination that works.....doesn't it ?? I felt like letting people know here....i dnt wanna be blamed later on...

I'm shocked truly shocked....shit man how could they do such....at least you cud have mentioned its c-c-p...huh now im just gonna read tht original work...frm tht link.

Thanks a lot for this post !

-Fatima
Edited by -shabnoor- - 13 years ago
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
this is shockng beyond belief! yaz? so this is d actual reason y her FF topics r closd? nd i gt a pm frm her d othr day saying she requestd d mods to close them bcos she has no time to continue or smthng like tat..
am really disappointd..first kainath, nw yaz..
spln thumbnail
I just know she is a prominent member because i've seen so much of her around on geet forum, even interacted a handful number of times - its all the more disappointing, cause it never occurred to me that she couldn't have whipped something pretty decent out of her own creativity...

and i reckons its even more disheartening for the readers, who sort of bond with the writings and writing styles of popular members... and come to associate their persons with the fiction they have given...

thanks for the update rabia

AnneMOliver thumbnail

I am one of the author's from another site (and another country) that this person stole from. Her story (Prem's Arrogance) was actually taken from my story, "Arrogance and Ignorance" and I know she had also stolen work from other writers as well. I applaud the high morals of the administrators of this site for not standing by idly while someone committed fraud and theft, and I also want to thank the administrators of the sites on which I post (Granger Enchanted's MistressMalfoy) for intervening on my behalf and for helping me to have this matter taken care of quickly.

Thank you again. AnneM.Oliver😊
MistressMalfoy thumbnail
I would also like to thank the owners and admin of India Forums for acting so swiftly in stamping out plagiarism. You have been honest with us and we know you are not to blame at all for Yasu09's selfish, immature actions.

And thank you for this post, and for not just sweeping it under the rug which would have been easy to do, You have shown incredible integrity and honour in your dealings with myself and the wonderful author AnneM

xoxox

To our continued friendship in the future-

MistressMalfoy owner and administrator of grangerenchanted.com
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@ Anne and MistressMalfoy
Thank u guys for dropping in here on IF and enlightening us abt d fraud..
And i wud also like to applaud Anne M for an amazingly written FF.. U actually deserve all d praises tat were wrongly acquired by yasu..
And yes, i wud definitely like to visit ur forum sometime to read more of ur works if ther r any..
Best wishes
Harsha