Mythological Masti

A Ramayan couple which deserves more limelight? (Page 2)

Poll Question: Which couple from Ramayan do you think is paid least attention?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [42.11%]
2 [10.53%]
4 [21.05%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.26%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [15.79%]
1 [5.26%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

I voted Shatrughn and Shrutkirti bcos I feel they are given the least importance.

Lakshman and Urmila are recognized for the sacrifices they made even if it is on a small scale...but Shatrughn and Shrutkirti are not recognized at all. There's nothing about them as a couple...no scenes together in any of the serials. In RS's Ramayan I think Shrutkirti has no dialogue.Ouch

Like Anisha said they're just there!Unhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Ramayan couple which deserves more limelight? (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I vote Meghnaad and Suloachana, because Suloachana is said to be a pativrata naari, but we hardly know why. She is only mentioned once or twice.

Fully agree w/ this.  The  circumstances under which Indrajit got her, and how & why she came to be so devoted to him - no other Rakshasha/Asura ever had it - not Bali, not Prahlad, not Vibheeshan, not Ghatotkacha.  So what did Indrajit do to earn this?

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
^ I think someone should research into Meghnaad's Charitra and make a serial solely on his life story, because while even Ravan has a serial or two made on him, I feel Meghnaad is a more deserving character....leaving out his own sins, he was actually quite a noble rakshasa himself.

Vishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
In the serial Ravan (which appeared on Zee TV some years ago), the serial started w/ Ravan getting the news of Indrajit's death, and Sulochana going out to battle to avenge him.  Ravan reluctantly let her go, w/ Mandodari supporting her, and she went and demonstrated her pativrata powers by temporarily relieving Indrajit.  Indrajit told her that his time had arrived, and told her that he'd be waiting for her, and to fight the war and sacrifice herself. Confused

Sulochana then launched a heavy assault on Rama's army, and Lakshman remarked that had he known that he'd be confronting a pativrata, he'd not have entered this war Ermm In the ensuing battle, Sulochana totally rattled the Vanaras, but was eventually killed by Lakshman.  Following that, Ravan ordered the funerals of Indrajit & Sulochana to be given jointly, and her son lit both their pyres.

I dunno which source the serial used for this story - somehow, I have more respect for their sources than I do for that of either of the Sagars.  That's the only story I've ever seen about Sulochana.  In the Ananda Ramayan, she's described as magically making Indrajit's severed hand write the name of his killer.  This they showed in the serial Jai Bajrangbali, and in the AS Ramayan, they showed her make Indrajit write her a farewell letter. Cry

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

In the serial Ravan (which appeared on Zee TV some years ago), the serial started w/ Ravan getting the news of Indrajit's death, and Sulochana going out to battle to avenge him.  Ravan reluctantly let her go, w/ Mandodari supporting her, and she went and demonstrated her pativrata powers by temporarily relieving Indrajit.  Indrajit told her that his time had arrived, and told her that he'd be waiting for her, and to fight the war and sacrifice herself. Confused

Sulochana then launched a heavy assault on Rama's army, and Lakshman remarked that had he known that he'd be confronting a pativrata, he'd not have entered this war Ermm In the ensuing battle, Sulochana totally rattled the Vanaras, but was eventually killed by Lakshman.  Following that, Ravan ordered the funerals of Indrajit & Sulochana to be given jointly, and her son lit both their pyres.

I dunno which source the serial used for this story - somehow, I have more respect for their sources than I do for that of either of the Sagars.  That's the only story I've ever seen about Sulochana.  In the Ananda Ramayan, she's described as magically making Indrajit's severed hand write the name of his killer.  This they showed in the serial Jai Bajrangbali, and in the AS Ramayan, they showed her make Indrajit write her a farewell letter. Cry

Somehow, I don't have respect for any source that shows Lakshman killing a patrivrata naari.Ouch Chopping off Shurpanakha's nose and ears was one thing, but killing a virtuous woman is another...I only have respect for those sources which keep the true characters of our Gods intact. It is like that one Ramayan Uttar Kand version that has Ramji ordering Lakshman to kill Sita and bring her ears as proof that he did so.Dead

The Sagars used the popularly accepted sources for their serials, like the Valmiki Ramayan, Ramcharitmanas, Adhyatma Ramayan, etc for their Ramayan serials and Bhagawata Puraan, Brahma Vaivart Puraan, Vishnu Puraan, Garg Samhita, etc for their Shri Krishna serial. They generally did not make up too make side stories just to glorify unknown characters....I don't know who directed the Raavan serial, but I'd like to know where he got the part where Lakshman killed Sulochana. Somehow, I cannot reconcile myself to that.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.