Ekta Kapoor and Karan johar

mana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Karmic Three: Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and Sunita Menon exchange their views on Koffee with Karan
She changed the dynamics of Indian television, she is terrified of flying.

She is obsessed with the K factor and started her career by being the host of a popular countdown show - Superhit Muqabla.

Ekta Kapoor is a billionaire at 29. Ekta doesn't take a single step without consulting astrologer, tarot card reader and close friend Sunita Menon.

Both the women talk about their professions, beliefs, and predictions. In tonight's episode of Koffee With Karan (Star World, 10 pm), Karan Johar brings together Ekta kapoor who has the pulse of the viewing audiences and Sunita Menon who is said to have the pulse on the future.Here are bits from the conversation…

Karan: You hosted Super Hit Mukabla for Doordarshan.

Ekta: I did a miserable job. I get a bout of amnesia when that comes up.

Karan: Sunita Menon is the spiritual advisor, the psychic advisor, the emotional advisor to practically the entire film fraternity. She's Mumbai's favourite clairvoyant. What is your take on the common perception of Sunita Menon?

Sunita: People normally expect an older woman, with gray hair, really fat, peering at something and saying, "Your Saturn is sitting in the seventh house and now this is what will happen". But there I am in my jeans and T-shirt saying, "hi how you doing?"

Karan: Ekta is very religious and spiritual, this is for the cynics out there, what would happen if Ekta was none of the above?

Sunita: She would still be rocking. This just accentuates the level of success.

Ekta: What about my happiness? All the success in the world can't give you calm. It's for personal stability that you go to God not for personal gain.

Karan: Ekta comes to you often, does she do everything you ask her to? Is there something which went wrong?

Sunita: She's very naughty she doesn't listen to me, she'll argue with me and then eventually comes and says, yeah I should have listened to you. I told her to make films only after she's 31, but no, spoilt kid will not listen and make crappy films.

Karan: Yeah, I once heard some one say "arey, Ekta's making these films to avoid paying taxes". But the two of you are so close, so are you and I.

Do you think that you lose objectivity in a situation with someone because you are so close?

Sunita: Not really, I just can't bring myself to say bad things. It hurts me, but that's wrong on my part. I wish for those things to go away so I just haven't told you people.

Karan: There is also the letter K which I was told about, and after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, I stick to K. Your first TV serial Hum Panch did very well, do you think it would've been better if it was called Kum Panch.

Sunita: Numbers and alphabets accentuate your success. If you don't work hard, but have a K in you film name that's not gonna make it a success. How can you take away hope from someone. There's free will and you need to exercise that.

Karan: Ekta will you ever leave the alphabet K for anything in the world.

Ekta: No. It's stuck with me, it's my belief now not my superstition.

Karan:
I hear you are a tyrant at work. The whole Balaji shudders at the mention of your name and presence.

Ekta: Ten people come together to make one thing. It's teamwork there. When one person messes it up, not as a mistake but because of a casual approach to work, then tomorrow the show goes off air, I'm answerable to so many people who eat out of the show. We get money from work, you can't take your work lightly.

Karan: Also apparently you have a tight hold on the remuneration levels that you pay out.

Ekta: In fact I pay the highest in the industry. I m so shocked with that. I say that's one department that people should be happy with in Balaji works.

Sunita: So many things said about her are not true, somebody once told me that she threw a paper weight at them. A very famous designer once asked me, if both of us went rolling to Siddi Vinayak. I said I'm so glad you thought of us that way, very entertaining. Thank you for making me laugh

Karan: What do you have to say Ekta when there are a whole set of people who call your work regressive?

Ekta: Anything popular gets run down. Its pure clich. Seeing someone in a saree or a mangalsutra, does not mean they regressive. If people think so it's their problem.80 per cent of the country is watching, they have a mind of their own. We are not teaching them what to watch.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mana thumbnail

Ekta Looks good in the picture cause i always saw her in White dresses and with big Tika on her forhead this is the first time we can all see her in Nice dress 😉 .

and all of u can see she is billionaire 😕 now

nulz thumbnail
thanx 4 sharing... 😲billionaire..she shud think abt gettin married now
Ronitzthebest thumbnail
i agree w/ u swit_shygal
Selina thumbnail

Karan: Yeah, I once heard some one say "arey, Ekta's making these films to avoid paying taxes". 

I agree. Thats why she casts flop actors in all her films.

thx for sharing this info

icy_devil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

LOL

thx's for sharing the article

Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail

LOL ...well said 👏 👏asdfghjkl Groupie

😆😆😆

saroj thumbnail
Ekta's speech was a bit strange,na?Maybe because of her teeth because it sounded as if she was gurgling all the time.
fingirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: swit_shygal

thanx 4 sharing... 😲billionaire..she shud think abt gettin married now

I like that..u know u r so right..that will give her some sense to show less divorces 🤢 and less miscarriages 🤢 and will give her sense to show more realistic stuff 😡 in her serial..what u guys think?Edited by fingirl - 19 years ago