Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

sanjukta..

IF-Dazzler

sanjukta..

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

Ria ka Adda Rules:

We are here to have fun & at the same time provide objective feedback 

1) Follow IF rules & respect each others opinion. There is a decent code of conduct you can maintain and not pounce on each other if there's a difference of opinion.

2) Actor bashing will not be tolerated. Discuss the show & characters :)

3) Please use @Name format and avoid quoting long/multiple posts.

4) First page is for episode analysis, so reserve only if you want to analyze.

5)Join us on RKA Facebook by becoming friends of "Ria ka Adda". Send us friends request and we would love to see you as part of the family!

-----------

Its the "building up" phase of the story...where arjun and arohi though the maze of doubts and surprises are unknowingly getting to know each other...mutual attraction is playing the cupid here and slowly and steadily the very diverse protagonists are gravitating....its interesting to see them fall in love not only because at the outset Arjun is very different from the "idea" of a partner Arohi had nurtured in her mind all through, but aso because she does not have even a clear idea about what kind of a person arjun is....

problem is...neither do I LOL...the creators are clearly in multiple minds about what actually to "make" out of this character...he is so darn conflicted...and i dont mean that in a good way...the poor character almost looks like a multiple personality disorder case Confused..i mean no body has a monotone character i understand...but every individual ideally has a dominant personality with various situations bringing out the alternative streaks at times...i mean in the real world that is.....if for a second i consider arjun to be a "rough and tough" person..then that should be his dominant character no? he wont really fool or goof around with girls or let his guard down so easily.....and to me frowning is not = being rough and tough.....but everything aside, that's MY opinion....so moving on

coming to the "with reference to context" part of things - its cute to see how arohi and her silly friend and "arjun - the roughy" is in a picnic mode...its silly but cute Embarrassed....i was actually surprised when arohi and her friend actually pulled out two identical saree while dacing in the rain (in the previous epi)....okay fine...hindi soaps are no brainers...but there are extremes...in Bengali there's a saying for stories with no head or tail - Golper Goru Gache Chora -  which when literally translated means - When the Cow Climbs a Tree.....its like that or even more to me LOL

and arohi getting all hyper about arjun took advantage of her and all...WHOA !!! cliche cliche cliche LOL but "cute" Embarrassed...and arjun drinking away to glory and blurting out how he is not mean despite being mean....awwwww..."cute" again Embarrassed.....but......Smile

and is it the cynical me or did gauri's letters sound more like pages from her diary? Confused

overall, good for them that they are in love...but something in me is screaming "not interested".....Ouch.....i'd blame it on how the story is being built up...when i dont understand the characters, or their pov or more simply, i dont flow with the flow of things...its obvious nothing will excite me

its sad, because i think both the actors have the potential to be able to emote any emotion with panache.....they still are...its just that it seems more like a forced comic circus to me

the next track will surely focus on how they realize their affection for each other while being away....looking forward to see if that is build up in a nice way rather than giving us this glorified hotchpotch

-----

looking forward to the takes of the lovelies who are not as cynical as me Smile

Edited by sanjukta.. - 25 November 2010 at 2:18pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimz-KMHmd410munz.violettethousandmilespavssweetassugar16MarshPnatzQuirkysecretkeeperjyoti06BheegiBasantiJasmine...payal_4mchopra-Fatima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "11/25: Ria Ka Adda - The conflicts within" in Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mchopra

IF-Sizzlerz

mchopra

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
MMM do i need to write..sorry i cant coz i missed the epi again..hehe

Love14

Love14

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanjukta..

Ria ka Adda Rules:

We are here to have fun & at the same time provide objective feedback 

1) Follow IF rules & respect each others opinion. There is a decent code of conduct you can maintain and not pounce on each other if there's a difference of opinion.

2) Actor bashing will not be tolerated. Discuss the show & characters :)

3) Please use @Name format and avoid quoting long/multiple posts.

4) First page is for episode analysis, so reserve only if you want to analyze.

5)Join us on RKA Facebook by becoming friends of "Ria ka Adda". Send us friends request and we would love to see you as part of the family!

-----------

Its the "building up" phase of the story...where arjun and arohi though the maze of doubts and surprises are unknowingly getting to know each other...mutual attraction is playing the cupid here and slowly and steadily the very diverse protagonists are gravitating....its interesting to see them fall in love not only because at the outset Arjun is very different from the "idea" of a partner Arohi had nurtured in her mind all through, but aso because she does not have even a clear idea about what kind of a person arjun is....

problem is...neither do I LOL...the creators are clearly in multiple minds about what actually to "make" out of this character...he is so darn conflicted...and i dont mean that in a good way...the poor character almost looks like a multiple personality disorder case Confused..i mean no body has a monotone character i understand...but every individual ideally has a dominant personality with various situations bringing out the alternative streaks at times...i mean in the real world that is.....if for a second i consider arjun to be a "rough and tough" person..then that should be his dominant character no? he wont really fool or goof around with girls or let his guard down so easily.....and to me frowning is not = being rough and tough.....but everything aside, that's MY opinion....so moving on

coming to the "with reference to context" part of things - its cute to see how arohi and her silly friend and "arjun - the roughy" is in a picnic mode...its silly but cute Embarrassed....i was actually surprised when arohi and her friend actually pulled out two identical saree while dacing in the rain (in the previous epi)....okay fine...hindi soaps are no brainers...but there are extremes...in Bengali there's a saying for stories with no head or tail - Golper Goru Gache Chora -  which when literally translated means - When the Cow Climbs a Tree.....its like that or even more to me LOL

and arohi getting all hyper about arjun took advantage of her and all...WHOA !!! cliche cliche cliche LOL but "cute" Embarrassed...and arjun drinking away to glory and blurting out how he is not mean despite being mean....awwwww..."cute" again Embarrassed.....but......Smile

and is it the cynical me or did gauri's letters sound more like pages from her diary? Confused

overall, good for them that they are in love...but something in me is screaming "not interested".....Ouch.....i'd blame it on how the story is being built up...when i dont understand the characters, or their pov or more simply, i dont flow with the flow of things...its obvious nothing will excite me

its sad, because i think both the actors have the potential to be able to emote any emotion with panache.....they still are...its just that it seems more like a forced comic circus to me

the next track will surely focus on how they realize their affection for each other while being away....looking forward to see if that is build up in a nice way rather than giving us this glorified hotchpotch

-----

looking forward to the takes of the lovelies who are not as cynical as me Smile

Sorry dear, but i disagree with ur POV............ now story has picked up quite well........& its no more confusing, thats what i felt after watching 2days episode........ NO HARD FEELINGS!!!!!!!!Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

violettedaisyluvsecretkeeper

Nimz-KMH

Nimz-KMH

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Agree with Sanju, I'm so confused about Arjun's character. Everything seems forced. I didn't understand the meaning of those letters? how important are they? Why is Aro so worried about Gauri and not asking why am I still locked here since last 3 days? Arjun lied about his identity...he could lie about anything. Then how come just reading those letters made her believe that he's NOT a bad guy. How come Arjun all of a sudden decided to pour his heart out to Aro? What was he thinking? He doesn't have to "drink" to get his frustration out. Waise bhi drinking didn't help. He was looking perfectly fine. The whole moment from when he comes in the room and goes out was good but I didn't feel the impact except when he yelled at Aro to read the letters.  

On the other hand, Mikael and the other guy kiya khichdi paka rahay hain? I honestly didn't understand what they were talking about. So much confusion!  

They're both good actors. We know that. Their chemistry is awesome but for some reason, I haven't been able to find "magic" till now.  

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

violettesanjukta..QuirkysecretkeepernatzBheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti

IF-Sizzlerz

BheegiBasanti

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Sanjukta...loved your take! Yet to watch the episode. Will do so in a bit.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjukta..MarshP

sanjukta..

IF-Dazzler

sanjukta..

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
@love14...hey welcome to adda Smile...and i am sure you differ from me, but that's perfectly fine Embarrassed...why dont you write some more...would love to read your perspective......what do we call you (other than love14) ? and please don't quote..it takes up too much space. instead call us by our names and refer to the post Smile

@nimz....hey nimra Embarrassed...i know excatly what you mean...i am very confused as to what arjun-the character stands for......having shades is fine...but this is outrageously conflicting...also, the actors ARE emoting well, so its more unsettling to see the story being almost a mess

@jaya...looking forward to your take after you've watched it Embarrassed

@shreya...oye youtube mein dekh le !! Hug

Edited by sanjukta.. - 25 November 2010 at 7:18pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimz-KMHvioletteQuirkysecretkeeperBheegiBasanti

MarshP

IF-Rockerz

MarshP

BollyCurry Visual Effects/Screen Writer

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Hello hello!  Didn't watch the episode yet...should I? Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Quirky

BheegiBasanti

IF-Sizzlerz

BheegiBasanti

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Hola Adda-ians,

Happy Thanksgiving if you live in the US of A or celebrate it. It's been snowing here where I live and while I hate the cold, snow makes everything look completely magical. Day Dreaming

Why am I talking about this you ask...well...something about the beauty of a city drenched in snow has rubbed of on me and I, decided to watch today's episode with zero expectations and as open a mind as I am capable of. 

I have only watched part of today...but here are my thoughts on what I have seen so far...will come back later with thoughts on the rest of the episode.

Aarohi - Shefali

Scene was ok. Kritika emoted better today than yesterday. I guess in the spirit of the season, I will write off the fact that they had lipstick available in the jungle. Also...Aarohi & Shefali are walking around in flip-flops. I guess they sent tall & short shopping with a pretty extensive list...smart thinking...who wants to look all unkempt in a jungle. Clap

Sudhir Ahluwalia - Rudra Pratap

Again...scene was ok. Liked that Sudhir's character walked away the moment he heard Aarohi's whereabouts had been found.

Mikael and the random character whose name I do not know

So Mikael leaked the information on Aarohi's location but the conversation between these two was weird. The random character was convincing Mikael on why what he did was good for him...but he was convincing him AFTER the information had been leaked...D'oh

Cheers,
Jaya

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

violetteveil_of_rosesQuirkysecretkeeper

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.