Posted: 25 November 2010 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Hi I'm Ananya. This is my first post in the Mythology Forum and I must say, it truly is one of the best forums on IF.
I need help from all of you. Actually, I really wanted to keep Ganeshji's Sankashti Chaturthi vrat but had a few doubts. I tried google but different sites said slightly different things so I'm still confused.
Umm basically, I had the following doubts-
1) What is the vidhi of this vrat or how do you do it?
2) Is it necessary to start it on the Sankashti Chaturthi day that falls on a Tuesday (it's supposed to be most auspicious but can we start it before or preferrably on a Tuesday?)
3) How many times should we keep the fast? Like we have 16 Somvar, 9 Guruvar.
4) Which are the specific prayers offered to Ganeshji on this day?
5) Is it ok to have fruits and a cup of coffee through the day and one meal after sunset?
I know, I have a lot of doubts but any help you can offer would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much, God bless.