Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

currentchaos

Goldie

currentchaos

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Sunday, December 18, 2005

'I don't want Neeru losing out on films because of our marriage'

Amit Sadh and Neeru Bajwa, real life sweethearts who co- starred in Star One's Guns & Roses, were supposed to tie the knot soon, but have now postponed their wedding plans. Amit talks to JAYA BISWAS about love, films and marriage.

Neeru: I can do anything for her. To be happy in life you have to love and be loved.

Marriage: I can't say when we'll marry. As of now, it's not happening. Neeru was very keen to get married and the decision to delay the wedding is solely mine. In fact, I had to sit with Neeru and explain that it would be in her best interest if we married later. Girls in our industry get more roles if they are unmarried. It's sad, but I have seen this happening all the time. As for me, I've nothing to worry about, but I don't want Neeru losing out on films because of our marriage.

Career: I never thought of acting as a career. I used to be in a theatre group in Delhi. But it wasn't as if I was concentrating only on acting rock climbing is my other passion. One fine day I just thought that I should come to Mumbai and try my hand in histrionics.
Looking back, I still don't understand, how acting happened to me. It seems so filmi. A typical Bollywood film where a young boy lands up Mumbai., the struggle begins till the small screen beckons him. That's my story. I got my first break in Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr. But Guns & Roses on Star One was the turning point in my career.

Future plans: I have decided to cut down on TV assignments unless something really interesting comes up. I am consciously trying to make a foray into Hindi cinema.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Amit Sadh and Neeru Bajwa" in Nach Baliye 4 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sufi89

sufi89

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
wow he is so understanding thanks for the info

pppp4

pppp4

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
He is using her. His earlier interviews where he said they are living together and like a married couple were disastrous. I wonder how Neeru's rishtedaars felt upon reading that.

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 7:15pm | IP Logged

they are liberal in their view points.

so nothing wrong in that as long as they truly love each other, all other things depend upon ur strata of society and belief system.

prettyguria

IF-Dazzler

prettyguria

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Right, it doesn't matter unless they really love each other, and he is doing it so she becomes succesful in er life and what he said was tru, he married gals dun get as much film offers

pujas

pujas

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Or otherwise....He brags he is cutting roles from Tv but how often do we see him?? So what is the bragging for and also, I dont know I have this strong feeling that he is using her. I mean the way he talks about his live in relationship shocks me though it is his personal perspective.

How ever the family gets liberal I am sure our cultural values especially of talking about your sex life dont exist and I am sure her parents must be minding that but it is just that parents have to given in sometimes and also we have never heard their views so cant judge their thoughts.

Anyways, this is my view point and not to offend anyone.

jasmin

IF-Rockerz

jasmin

Posted: 20 December 2005 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
i'm sure she'd still get roles, it's not like anyone can miss the live-in boyfriend, can they? maybe single girls with "clean" lives who live with their families get more offers, but it's not as though most tv stars jump to iconic status anyway...what is she going for? A-list?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top