Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki

Sisters' Bond Shaken up(article)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

zaara019

Goldie

zaara019

Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Rani and Payal are sharing a strained relationship in Rajshri's Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. Rani has been instructed by Dadima not to speak to Payal and Payal too is forced by her husband Shekher not to speak to Rani.

Nov 24, 2010 ' Sisters' Bond Shaken up 
Rani and Payal are sharing a strained relationship in Rajshri's Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. Rani has been instructed by Dadima not to speak to Payal and Payal too is forced by her husband Shekher not to speak to Rani. What happened? Why are two sisters, who have been so close, are not allowed to talk to each other? They have been instructed to do so by their respective families in the context of Dimple's rape which was planned by Jaya for Chhavi. Chhavi was not allowed to be in the court as a witness which affected the judgement & severely harmed the relationship between both the families. Being restrained from talking to each other, to save their family life and for the happiness of their in-laws, Rani and Payal give up the beautiful bond that they have always shared. 
Women in India are ready to give up on their relations to save their marriage. A  norm which every woman follows as she is an integral part of her Parivaar, Chhavi felt that it was wrong for her not to support her friend Dimple, in her moment of crises, hence she tells everyone the truth at the Johri house which only aggravates the rivalry, and Chhavi has been grounded. Women even if they want to stand up for each other are oppressed. 

Let us see how Rani and Payal cope with family pressures in 
Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki At 9pm only on Sahara One 

Edited by zaara019 - 24 November 2010 at 11:39am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

samirah23riniiiireenafanforeverammoos--aarthi--Masooma Bukhari

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sisters' Bond Shaken up(article)" in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

samirah23

Goldie

samirah23

Posted: 24 November 2010 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
This is so wrong and it's what many inlaws and husbands do not realize in indian marriages.  When a woman marries a man and into a family, she does not belong to them that they can tell her that she cannot see her own family.

This is really unreal ... women are not children to be bossed around.

brainychild92

IF-Sizzlerz

brainychild92

Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
i'm gonna like this track as long as its not on forever..  samirah this is unrealistic in the westernized world but not the whole world is westernized..

-Vrinda-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Vrinda-

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 4:43am | IP Logged
thnks

Masooma Bukhari

IF-Addictz

Masooma Bukhari

Posted: 25 November 2010 at 4:56am | IP Logged
thnx for the article..!
guyz... a girl doesn't end relations with her family bcz of her inlaws.. inlaws must realise this that wat if their son ends up with them bcz of his inlaws :-P

samirah23

Goldie

samirah23

Posted: 29 November 2010 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by brainychild92

i'm gonna like this track as long as its not on forever..  samirah this is unrealistic in the westernized world but not the whole world is westernized..
I don't think that it has anything to do with the west or the eat.  Indians in Canada and the US also have this belief that after marriage the girl belongs to them.

This tradition has to stop.  Women are not possessions.  They have relationships which they would like to keep and people should not tell them that they cannot associate with their own family.  I have faced it and in the end, I had to make them realize that in the old days when you went to a village far off, you couldn't see your own family, so that started the tradition.  But, with families living in the same city now, there is no restrictions on whether the girl should be able to see her family.  As long as she treats both families equally, then there really should be no issues.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

riniiii

brainychild92

IF-Sizzlerz

brainychild92

Posted: 29 November 2010 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by samirah23

Originally posted by brainychild92

I don't think that it has anything to do with the west or the eat.  Indians in Canada and the US also have this belief that after marriage the girl belongs to them.

This tradition has to stop.  Women are not possessions.  They have relationships which they would like to keep and people should not tell them that they cannot associate with their own family.  I have faced it and in the end, I had to make them realize that in the old days when you went to a village far off, you couldn't see your own family, so that started the tradition.  But, with families living in the same city now, there is no restrictions on whether the girl should be able to see her family.  As long as she treats both families equally, then there really should be no issues.

i speak with experience..my aunt almost left her maayka for her husband.. and she only "reunted" after her husband said so... ...  i agre with tat but people don't realize it.. my aunt didnt and i know she's not the only one in the world who doesnt.

riniiii

samirah23

Goldie

samirah23

Posted: 29 November 2010 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
I get it ... I faced the same thing at the beginning of the marriage ... but when I saw there were double standards where I wasn't supposed to visit my maika often, but my mother in law was always at hers ...

So, I put a stop to it at once ... women just need to learn that they need to stand up for their rights ...

I know it's difficult ... here even Dadi tells Rani that she made a bad decision, but Rani decides to continue to stay away from Payal.  Crazy!

riniiii

Post Reply New Post

Go to top