Mythological Masti

Brahman Hatya - possible for God of the universe? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
@Rehan, yes! I too have heard of that story before in many different versions! When Brahma first created his shakti, Saraswati mata, he was filled with lust and grew a fifth head to look at her. She went away from him as lust is a sinful thought, and Lord Shiva came to sever his fifth head. And yes, another version told about the fifth anti Veda. Lord Shiva had obviously done the right thing, but having to suffer for it was another one of his leelas. If one is unattached from the universe, how could he go hungry. God only shows his greatness in such acts, and then Maa Shakti manifested as Annapurna because of this, so it indeed was a benefit for all.

@Parina di, yes, I agree that how could he not stop the evil, but again, by suffering, he is not showing that he is deserving the punishment, only establishing that anybody who killed a brahman would have to suffer. Lord Shiva is beyond pleasure and pain, he is the almighty himself.

@Lakshmin42, There are many disputes over whether he was aware or not he was Vishnu. In many instances actually, I think he proclaimed he was God. But nonetheless, he did take an avatar as a man and used the capabilities of one to destroy sin.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Brahman Hatya - possible for God of the universe? (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

radt

IF-Rockerz

radt

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Beautiful Topic Janu di!
ok!
With my pea-sized brain.... here is what I think.

God had taken human form on earth as Lord Rama.
He did so????
Because he wanted to set an example of how a human life is ideally supposed to be.
He showed them both sides of the coin.
He showed that happiness and sorrows are part and parcel of life and how one must behave in various situations.
To all whose parents are Sanskrit students, you might have heard numerous times that Krishna Ji was solah kala sampurna.
Rama Ji however, was chaudanh kala sampoorna.
Confused?
Lemme explain.
Krishna ji hid the sun in the war to save Arjun.
Krishna Ji had numerous Ranis...
Rama Ji had taken the oath of one wife.
Rama Ji never could bend facts.
He could not force Sita Maiya to change her decision to go to exile for his Raja Dharma.
He was bound.
Thus, 14 kala sampoorna.
Now, yes, I am coming to the answer.
Brahmana hatya could not have touched LORD VISHNU... He is the creator.... He is the Destroyer... He can take the life he has given.
But His Human Incarnation.... LORD RAMA was bound by principles. he needed to set an example for all human beings that what it means to kill a Brahman.
He is so pure that he cannot even be touched by anything false.
But, just to set the HUMAN CODE OF CONDUCT he followed all these rituals.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

...ASB100...RehanismArijit007

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.