~*~Dream Girl~ *~AVINA FF#2~*~Thread:1 ~*~ Thanks* - Page 25

Posted: 13 years ago

Thank you friends..

@gauraniti; thanks dear..I gave you the warning already, I am entering the freeway.. so it will be nonstop until I find an exit dear.. so hold on tight…   no school this week, so need to tolerate me dear… ha ha..

@billo: thanks dear.. I thought you are preparing for your finals.. hum… yes, parents are always right..  I need to be on their side now, because have three to manage.. so yes, parents are always right..shhhhhhhhhh..

@nysweetie: thank you.. and hope you will like next part too..

@chalhov: thank you....yes, they are keeping the distance.. now the north pole pointing north.. I don't know when it will change to south, or who will change first..

@madhu: thank you… hope you will like next part too..

@radhika-5 Suchi :.. ha..  coming on time for dinner itself is a big help for all of us' ---I wonder who this is referring to...

He he he he he he he he he he 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Oh my, today I was back at 10Am only.. then typed this, went and picked kids from school.. started holidays , so no afternoon classes.. and planning to go to bed after posting this,, and then if I get a good nap and if the dinner go fine then next part later tonight..  thanks for all the supporting words..

@ vinianil: thank you..two months.. may stretch out or shrink in.. no clue.. will depend on how it will come to my mind at that time..  so far it is keeping them distant, how long , have no clue.. but let see..

@chipak:  thanks...he he.. I told you , I am entering freeway.. let see how far I can go in this speed, sometimes I like it.. Surender and Suchi sccepted Radhika..   Rohini  and Mohan silently agreed.. but the problem is between Radev, they need to come closer .. let see how it will unfold..  who will talk or who will get angry first..

@imrati-rubi: Thanks dear…Dev didn't favor her because she was overruling him all that time, so he took advantage of the situation.. to show others that he win over hers,.. but did he? Don't know/// let see..  ye, sorry yaar.. we all in same boat…

@ radha-bilhari: yes, the stage is plot for them.. so from next update I wish to bring their scenes, I mean from part-17.. let see what will happen..

@radev-forever: thank you .. no confusion.. he is still in Delhi for now.. and will be there till I get him the Visa to U.S…   he doesn't have any other option… I will make him to listen to me… he he he he…

Ok friends.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS.. and for that LIKE BUTTONS…..>.. next part coming up soon…

Love

Devika…

Part-16

The night was silent, just like Radhika's mind and darkness covered her face too..  Daadi was tapping on her shoulder understanding the meaning of her silence...' Daadi was trying hard to control her faster heartbeat. Never in her life, ever she left her pothi alone anywhere. Once in a while she slept at haweli listening to Granny's story, but early in the morning she used to  show up with her sleepy face and snuggle under her blanky for some more time..

"but that was once or twice in a year daadima, but this is'.''

Radhika's voice  brought Daadi from her deep thoughts..  she asked  .. "What did you say Radhika?'

Radhika turned to face Daadima and said:  nothing dadima, I thought you said something to me..

Daaadi: heina, I want to say something to you..

Radhika: what is it Daadi?

Daadi: Both Surender and Suchi are very nice people.. Dev and Lechu too..

Rahdika: no ,,  don't talk about  De'..

"no, you need to listen to me this time and won't speak a word until I finish talking' Ok'.. dadima interrupted Radhika with a serious tone.. Radhika kept silent as she understands the difference in  her tone.  

"First time you are staying away from all of us. In Chandenpur, everybody knows you well, and it is OK..  but this a new place, you may be doing something just for fun, or without knowing the seriousness of it, but you need to control  yourself and behave like a good girl..  None of us are here near you..  and we all will be waiting to hear only good things about you dear, otherwise  this old mind won't be able to rest well betiya..  Behave nicely here and when you come back on weekends there na, then feel free to be yourself.." .. then bringing a mischievous face..  "Then I will also join you' .."   the smiledisappeared and seriousness came back . " And especially with Dev,  I know you two didn't talk anything after that day, and you two never tried to understand each other either in that small fraction of time. May be your thinking is wrong, I will say that is more kiddish, give some time to it .. the first impression can't be true all the time betiya..  only time can reveal who is good and who is courageuos...    from my perspective Dev is a good boy"'   then bringing a smile on her lips imagining his face.  " there is an innocence in his eyes, in his smile'.  that I never seen in any others..   but this is just my word, you don't need to take it.. what I want is, don't simply turn the nose tip color to red,  before pacing yourself on that floor, think twice and remember you are just a guest here for now, and you should behave one like that..  samjhe.."

Radhika didn't say anything.....'

Daadi:  "Radhika, can I take that word from you'"

Radhika looked into her daadi's face and understood the seriousness of it, she just nodded her head in agreement.. Daadi tried to bring a smile..  "I know you will listen to me dear''..

Daadi: now tell me, what you wanted to say..

All the words stuck in her throat, there was nothing really to say back..  first time she felt the lump on her throat, all the sadness laid under there..  she thought her eyes are going to fill up..   she just moved more  near and hugged her Daadi tight .. and tried to act like a small baby who wants to sleep..

Daadi tapping on her shoulder..  " tomorrow, after leaving you at college, we will go back.. apna khayal rekhna betiya''  the old lady's voice shivered off at the end..  Radhika just nodded her head covering her face on Daadi's chest and she pulled herself more closer....'   

Daadi's mind said  " why your silence is more hurtful than your words?, why can't you just  blast out your feelings, I thought you may disagree with me but instead you are just listening to me...'    Oh Krishna, why I am loving my child this much.. How will I live without listening to her loud voice and her sararath'...  she was silent in car too..  I know deep inside she doesn't want to leave her house, nor chandenpur either..    mere bechi ke reksha karna Prabhu',' .. she prayed silently...  tears just rolled down her  cheeks'...  she was feeling the tightening of Radhika's arms around her.. slowly Daadima's  hands stroked on her arm, as if she is singing the lullaby for the baby to sleep'....  Radhika was listening to that silent song of her daadi's fasterheart beat...'''  the night was getting darker and darker outside''..

The next day, they dropped her at the college..  Mohan was controlling his emotions, Rahdika still silent.. but Radhika could see the happiness in her dad's eyes, seeing the bright future he is giving for his daughter..  Daadi sat inside the car only. She just scanned the campus generally and sat there silently watching the students walking into the campus..    Radhika touched the feet of Mohan for the blessings and then looked at her grandma's face' ,  finally they were able to say bye to each other silently. The car moved away and Radhika turned and walked into her classroom..  she didn't notice the happenings around, her mind was feeling still heavy'..

The classes were mainly just introduction of everyone..  and the time just passed quickly..

"why you are sitting so quietly'?"

Radhika raised her head up and found a concerned face in front of her.. she just nodded her head in disagreement..

"hi, I am Heena Gupta  and you?".. saying that she extended her arm to shake the hand..

Rahdika tried to bring a smile on her face  and then shaking Heena's hand "and I am Radhika Varma'..

"hum  Radhika, nice name'., but you didn't give me the answer.."..  heena said..

Radhika looked at her in confusion.. 

Heena:  I said you look worried..

Radhika again tried ot bring a smile and said : no, I am ok..

Heena: ok let me guess, first time away from home..

Radhika just nodded her head..

Heena: don't worry yaar, it may take some time.. look at me, I stay in hostel all the time.. From high school onwards Hostel is my primary home, and my own house is a vacation resort..  So I think you should feel better than me.... if i were in your shoe, my half life already gone in tears.. cheer up...."

Radhika tried to bring a forceful smile again..

"No no, don't try for that, I know you are really worried, so let's talk about something els'e'  ...  rolling her eyeballs inside the socket she said...  "   oops.  Professor is here, we will talk later , ok.." saying that she went and sat on next row. Radhika's eyes followed her...'

Time passed by..

"so how do you go now?".. Heena asked in concern..

Radhika  " I don't know, I didn't ask anyone.."

Heena  :  " so you live with your uncle's family..

Radhika just nodded her head..

Heena  : 'How lucky yaar, atleast you get home food na..  I am tired of eating this hostel food, always the same.. ye, ask your uncle whether he can accommodate me too..'

"deediiiiiiiiii''..."  Lechu's voice fell in Radhika's ear and she looked up to find Lechu running towards her with wide smile..

Heena:   Ye, that is lekshmi,  dev's Sis, Is she coming towards you..?

Radhika:  ya.. you know her..?

Heena:  what a question yaar,  we all know her and her mom.. Dev studied in this college only yaar'     but then seeing Lechu nearing,  Heena lowered her voice..  " I will tell you the rest later"..

Lechu: deedi, come we were waiting for you,'   saying that she grabbed on Rahdika's wrist..

Radhika: lechu, this is Heena, my friend..

Lechu: hi'

Heena: hi..

But then few other girls started coming to their side..  Looking at that scene..  lechu softly in Radhika's ears..

"Radhika Deedi, let's go quick.. I told you already na..  bro's fans'"

Radhika: heena, I will see you tomorrow, I need to go now', bye..

Heena:  bye..

One girl seeing Lechu  and Radhika dashing away..:  Lekshmi, how is Dev?

Lechu: he is fine, going to U. S. tomorrow'

Rahdika looked at Lechu's face, she just winked once and speed up to the car..

Radhika got inside , Suchi was sitting  inside with a smile'...

Radhika looking at Suchi surprisingly..  " you came too.."

"kyum, mera yeha ana mana hei kya?".. suchi asked in a sour sound..

Radhika: no aunty, I never thought..

Suchi with a smile: ok, now don't think too much, let's go home, ok'

On the way, They stopped the car near a  grocery store and purchased few items and they went home..

Suchi : so how was first day of college?

Radhika: good..

Suchi: hum, just good, nothing special.  No new friends, nothing..

Radhika: yes, I met Heena..

Suchi: hum, nice, atleast you got one friend..  so  do you like the college?

Radhika: hum..

Suchi:  Radhika I thought you are going to talk about everything nonstop as Sushma mentioned to me, but this looks like I need to dig out each and every word from you..'   she stroked her hand over Radhika's head and said: no problem, you will, may be later'...

Lechu started blabbing and they started listening to her story.. They reached home..

Suchi: go fresh up and come, I will make tea.. ok

Radhika: no its Ok, I will be fine..

Suchi: why? you will eat only guava?

That brought a smile on her face..    "no, I just.."

Suchi:  don't challenge me.. now itself I will send the driver to get some guava.. you know one secret, in your place you get it only when it' s season, but here, you get it at any time..  bet?

Radhika with a smile:  no  Aunty, I will be right back, I need the tea..

Suchi: ha, you better come on my way'... 

Radhika went up'...   she changed quick into white top and green bottom kurtha kind and came down..  Tea was ready .. lechu came down too..

"where is my milk ?"  ' she asked Suchi..

Suchi with a smile..looking at Radhika  ' she likes horlicks'.. she is still the baby of the house, you know what, because of you I got a company.." saying that she brought the tea cup near to the table and they sat down.. Lechu was looking at a magazine..

'so what time  Uncle comes..?'  Radhika asked..

Suchi    " that is a good question.. and i wish i had an answer for that..    he will come but what time, only he knows..'  saying that she sipped on to the tea cup..

"you all are back..'   sleepy sound of Dev caught their attention..

Suchi looking at his sleepy face..' so you were sleeping.."

Dev  ' no, actually mom I was reading a book, So don't know when I slipped into the short nap'..   He yawned as he climbed down the stairs near to them and then as he reached down on the floor, he stretched himself..

Suchi: dev, first you go and wash your face and come.. you still look so sleepy..

Dev: no, mom . I am fine..  is there anymore tea left..

Suchi:  hum,lucky me, glad I made extra'  "   saying that she stood from the seat and brought another cup..  Dev sat on the lower steps ..  "thanks mom.." as he took the cup from Suchi..

Suchi looking at Radhika  ' this is all his number.. he calls me by my name only, now he is sleepy na, that is why mom and thanks and all..'.

Suddenly Dev looked at Radhika'  but she was sipping onto her tea and was sitting seriously' ... Dev thought in mind..   ' how did I forget that she is here too.., why she is sititng so silent, there she was ready to eat me.. and now just that stare, anyway that is good, atleast I don't have to listen to her buck  buck'..  but then he thought.. now what she will do, in case  if she want to climb on trees'...  a smile appeared on his lips as he thought of that..'   he looked at Radhika with his corner eye'   but then the phone rang.. lechu went and picked it up and said  " deedi, for you.."

Radhika went near and took the phone.. no words were coming out.. she heard her mom's sound ..  "Radhika betiya..'

'mum''  a forceful sound came from her throat'

Her mom realized her pain, so she also was unable to speak anything further.. time passed by..   Dev was observing Radhika  sitting from the same position.. Radhika was standing little far away, facing her back to them..  Suchi took the empty glasses and went to kitchen'    Few minutes passed by.. Mohan snached the phone form Rohini's hand.." How was your day ?  did everything went OK?"

'Radhika..: 'ha..'

Mohan: 'good,  we came back safe, so now you concentrate on your studies, ok.. Friday Birju will come with the car, so get ready ok.."

'ji.."    Radhika answered..

Mohan:  ha, call home everyday ok.. even if I am not here, talk to Mom or daadi.. ok..

"Ji..'.. 

Mohan realized the heaviness in her words.. so he tried to show more relaxed.  he wanted to stroke her head and bring her closer to him to comfort her but.....

Mohan: Ok beta, see workers are here, so I need to go.. call  you  back later ok.. apna khayal rekhna..

'ji''.  Radhika controlled her tears inside and kept the receiver on the rack..

Lechu: di, come with me'...  she grabbed her wrist and climbed the steps to her room...' They passed Dev and walk away.. Dev looked at her face with his corner eye..  saw her heavy face'...    he tried to read her eyes, but he found them away from his vision'....

He heard lechu's feeble voice  : yesterday we talked about the secret na.. come , I will show you'..

Dev stood from the step and went to kitchen .  He kept the glass over the sink and started chatting with his mom'

Radhika's hands were clenching onto the blanky for the  warmth..  her eyelids gave up on her resistance and covered her iris slowly..

The evening sun was shining inside the dining room of her chanderpur home....  Radhika pacing one end to other...

"Do you know mom, the day was really gloomy at college..  it is not like our chandepur ..  there all the kids talk loud and laugh loud.. the teachers show up with big smile on their face'    today, I didn't notice anyone.. ha.. heina, I met Heena, she is really cute'...  but then,. All were busy talking to themselves and you know how the professors come.. they are so serious, like they are taking the whole burden of this group n their head..   the sound of bikes and scooters and all is making the atmosphere so noisy.. but in our chandenpur, most of all comes by bicycle,  even babuji never let me ride the scooty to college..  we all had fun riding bicycle back and forth from college..  over that muddy road and near the canal' ....  we used to stop on the way when we see a new flower laughing at us, or seeing the bunch of fruits smiling at us'  , how many times we went in trouble and babuji used to show his big round eyes on me and then at the end, gave a soft smile'.....  Mom, are you listening to me''  Radhika asked as she was pacing back and forth in the dining hall .  Rohini was pouring the tea into the tea cup' .. 'ha Betiya'..  do you let me do anything else, when you come back from school or college, this is the routine, right.."

'but mom, you know what,  today Sunder Master was teaching physics... '  you know me well na,,,  I slipped into that lovely story Granny told  me yesterday, but she didn't finish it, so I was thinking what may happen next' ... But then all of a sudden I heard Suder sir  saying..  Ice melt into water and then water'."..  by then I came back to reality and said..             "back into ice..'.. but then what happened you ask me na...  '

Rohini: Radhika, you continue, why you need to say this again and again.. ok baba, what happened..

Poor Sunder sir, he paused for a minute, looked at my face pathetically'...  then he said.. ha ha.. she said right, but what I actually wanted to say was'  ...blah blah blah...' but you know at the end again he said.." what she said is right too.."..    I felt so poor for Sunder Sir.. he cannot object me, as I am Radhika Varma, the great Mohan Varma's daughter  but at the same time he needs to clarify his stand too''

Rohini: ok, is it over, can I go and check on the other thing..

Radhika sipping onto the tea.." Mom, I am going to Grnany's house,' will be back soon..

Rohini: ha ha'    'come back soon,"  repeating Radhika's words..    I know how soon it will be..

Radhika: no mom, I will be right back' 

Rohini smiled at Radhika as she disappeared from her sight'.

Radika..: no mom, I will come back soon.. I will come back soon'... the sleepy Radhika kept on mumbling in her sleep'..  I am coming back mom''..  her fingers curled up at the edges of the majenda color blanky...   "Ma.."    the corner of her eyes started wetting in her deep sleep..... 

so did you like it/ can you click that like button.. really appreciate it dear.. thanks and  take care

Devika...😛

Edited by DEVIKA8 - 13 years ago
g8 update...thxx for the pm
Thanks di for update so quickly😃lovely update😊it was really touching... liked the way suchi is cheering radhika... it may take some time for radhika to be herself  n adjust to new enviornment will wait for that ... no dev radh conv😭 Edited by sonia122 - 13 years ago
Sorry sorry devika di got busy but finally got time 2 read part 13 mindblowing so radhika will be going to delhi 4 her studies gd one atleast radev will be together thanks 4 the pm
Di part 14 was so lovely I knew it that dadi died the way her body went week felt so sorry so now rads will be moving 2 delhi hmmm thanks 4 the pm
Diiii part 15 and 16 was fab just loved it was so touching I feel so sorry missing that funnr rads but it will take some time 4 her update soon and thanks 4 the pm sorry 4 the late reply but made it noeEdited by palak13 - 13 years ago
Cute update Radhika feeling homesick and dreaming about her house.
loved it. waiting for more
Interesting update.  From a vibrant Radhika to a sober Radhika  till she setlles down in Delhi, before long she can once again switch back to her old self.  Look forward to Dev-Radhika interaction.