Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinianil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Nice update Devika..Hope will be getting more arguments and scenes of Dev and Radhika in next part...Dadi is superb...🤗
Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you

@nysweetie: thanks dear.. hope you will like next part too

@radhika-5: Rohini is Radhika's mom..  she was ready to fight but the scene took over by Mohan and even though she is naughty, she listens and respect her father's talk.. so only she kept quiet, but then Granny didn't give her any chance to respond…  so only …

And life in Delhi starting with part 13…..  hope you will like it..

@chalhov: so you did read the last two sentences.. yes dear, your thought is right..

@Radha; yes, its all predicted and as expected..      I need to move on, right?.. so..

@sonia; Dev and Radhika's story is going to be different here. Yes, their fight may continue.. but after a leap of few weeks or a month…  Dev should go back na..  coming up next

Chipak:yes dear.. grany is the one who can unite them, rest of the crew is aaj ka zamana ka log hei, they think of kids wish, but for granny, she don't need their approval,…  hope you will like next part..

@madhu: thanks Madhu.. what's next.. a leap of time.. ready for it, then it is coming shortly..

@guraniti: thanks dear..i loved her so much too..  but did you read the last lines.. read it again… may be you will get some clue..

Thanks dear for such lovely comments. It is good to know you expected the turn, btu did anyone read through the  last two lines. I doubt. Yes, chalhov, you did, but otherwise… ready for next part.. Dev and Radhika's story is predictable, they should be together in whatever circumstances.. but what will happen now..  will they accept each other…   let see,,,.. next coming up soon…

Devika

Devika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: vinianil

Nice update Devika..Hope will be getting more arguments and scenes of Dev and Radhika in next part...Dadi is superb...🤗

thank you dear... fight... may be, or may not be.. let see.. coming up soon...
Devika. thumbnail

Part-14

As usual the Delhi was glittering under its street lights. People busy getting back into their homes. The roadside shoppers were busy packing vegetables  for its customers. The lady in yellow saree paid after a small bargain.

Shopkeeper: what is this behana,  everyday you bargain and get in a cheep rate, we need to survivie , right..?

Lady: ha Bhayya, kya kare, we also need to survivie right.. this is only for tomorrow, roz aap ke dookan se he khareed rehe hum na, tho kuch tho adjust karna chahiye ki nahi..

Mohan was smiling looking at the scene, sitting inside the tinted glass car, and was smiling to himself..

"what did you see so special that you  are smiling to self.."

Surender's voice brought him back into senses..  and then with a smile  " nothing, seeing how people are arguing with the prize of that dried vegetables..    if you need to keep the  freshness of all this you need to be in  Chandenpur only.."

Surrender: that is right,  but we also have to survive, right?

Mohan:  no need, from next week onwards the  fresh veggies will come in front of your door steps'

Surrender: that is Ok.. you know what, now our digestive system got used to all these, kuch bhi chalega bhai'  but you said right, to feel the real taste one need to be in Chandenpur only'  if you bring the veggies all the way from there to here,  it won't taste the same..

Mohan: hum.. true.. the air in chandenpur also has the magic..

They both laughed with that comment..

They reached home.. 

Suchi: I think they are here..

Rohini smiled : how much time they took..

Suchi with a smile: thanks to Delhi traffic..

Lechu went and opened the door' 

Suchi: so all is well..

Surecder: yes'  and then looking at Rohini: don't worry at all, everything is fine. We met Principal in person, and discussed Radhika's admission.. did all the paper work.. so far everything is going fine.. get ready to send her in one month..

They all came and seated on the sofa..   Lechu went and sat near Surender and he put his arm over her shoulder

Rohini: ha,  bhai saab' anyway, one day she need to pack up, I never thought it will come this soon..   with a tinge of sadness in her tone..

Suchi: you are saying as if you are doing bidaadii of your daughter.. she is just coming for her studies..

Rohini: I know suchi, but still, she never been away from home, so I  am so tensed..

Surender: don't worry, she is coming here na, that also to our house, and yeha pe usko koi kami nahi hone doonga'   theek hei..

Rohini: I know  that..  I am not saying about that'

Mohan: Rohini can you please stop this worry..

Rohini making a kiddish face: ha, I will stop worrying, I know how you are feeling..  keeping everything inside in the name of her studies..  

Suchi: ok ok..  anyway it is only 2 more year and then she will be back to chandenpur only, right..

Lechu: how come mom,  so when is the marriage.. I am actually getting ready for that..

Suddenly a silence covered the atmosphere'.   Everything went so fast that nobody talked about it afterwards..

But then the bell rang and Lechu ran to open the door and Dev stepped in..

He said Hi to everyone as he walked in..  and met with everyone's serious face..

Dev with a doubt: what happened? Is everything is OK?

Suchi scripted back:  ha ha.. beta, so how was your rehersal..?

Dev: fine mom'  and yes, Dev is going to perform on big B's number'  my dreamwork

Lechu: I am so proud  of you my Bro.. I never thought my long leg bro can dance too..

Dev tried to cover his uneasiness hearing that statement in front of everyone and said:  Dev ko kuch bhi naa munkin nahi hei..

Lechu: I  know, that is why I am so excited to watch it..

But then they saw Sushma coming out from Lechu's room,  and came and sat near Suchi.

Rohini: how are you feeling now.?

Sushma: hum'  thoda sa better..     then looking at Surender.." bhai Jaan, how you people are surviving here.. I just came this morning only, and see I already got sick'. This head ache na'.     saying that she touched her forehead again..

Suchi: Let me get the dinner ready.. may be after eating you will feel better.

Saying that Suchi went to kitchen.. looking at everyone Dev quickly followed her.. Suchi was getting the plates out..

"mom, let me help you"..  Dev stretch out to get the plates down'  suchi just looked at him and went to check on the curry..  he went near his mom.. and

"Suchi'  actually what hahhened?"..  dev asked in a soft serious tone..

Suchi in a serious tone:  what?

Dev: no Suchi, when I came in everyone was looking so serious? What happened? 

Suchi paused for a second:  nothing '    saying that she continued to get the curry in a bowl..

Dev:  So Radhika didn't get the admission?   He asked in a soft confusing voice..

Suchi paused again: who said that?

Hearing this Lechu: bro, don't worry, Radhika deedi ko admission mila hei.. she is coming in 1 month.. I am so excited.. finally I am getting some company here'

Suchi: Lechu, take this to the table and arrange the plates..

"let me help you too''  rohini's voice followed .   and seeing Dev taking plates from the rack..  "wow, that is nice to know..  first time I am seeing a boy inside the kitchen..'

Suchi: Dev likes it.. , he likes to irritate me.. , .   he used to help me than this Lechu.. she is lazy..

Rohini: you know what, in Chandenpur, I don't think any men getting inside the kitchen. They all will wash their hands and come and sit in front of the table and loudly call for their meal'  

Suchi: that is the difference  between town and village..  there you get people for everything.. here we need to do everything by ourself..

Rohini: I can arrange somebody'.

Suchi: no Rohini, we are fine now.. actually one lady comes everyday and does the outside work, and cleaning the floors and all.. Cooking is my part, I likes doing it.. and also Surender prefer that..

Rohini: same like him.. 

The talk went on'   Dev and Lechu helped to get the dinner ready on the table..

Mohan: Dev, why you need to do all these?  And then in his friction voice..: Rohini'

Hearing that call: I am here only..

Mohan: why you are making Dev to do all these.. what are you doing?

Rohini put her finger under her chin: ha ha.. you are asking as if I made him to do it.. Dev is like that, he always helps his mom' in kitchen too.. not like Chandenpur men

Mohan: why you need to talk about Chandenpur men now..

Surender: no no.. don't include all the men in one circle..  I help my wife'   looking at Suchi.." am I right dear?"

Suchi :.. ha..  coming on time for dinner itself is a big help for all of us' 

They all laughed and went on with their talk..

At the same time in Chandenpur

Rahul already slept in his room...  Radhika was laying on Daadi's bed, resting her head on Daadi's lap..  Daadi was reading a book resting her back over the headboard, keeping her one arm wrapping around Radhika's shoulder. Radhika was pulling on her hand to get it more wrapped around her to get the comfort'

She was thinking about the last couple of weeks'  all villagers gathered for Granny's funeral..  Mostly everyone stayed back till the last moment.   Radhika could still see the dark smoke clouds swirling up in air to reach out to the sky'   she was not crying, in face nobody cried.. but everyone was silent..  may be all were remembering all that stories that she told us'   for me the smoke cloud reminded the story of the giant pea plant that  climbed up breaking the sky limit, to reach the giant's place'  maybe Granny's athma also circled along in that clouds to reach heaven..  Chandenpur remained silent for two weeks..  now we are planning to built a monument in granny's name.. the mother of all stories' 

Unknowingly her eyes felt wet. Daadi tightened her forehead as she felt the wetness on her finger'  she closed the book and kept that away.. and  touched her shoulder'

Daadi: what happened Radhika..

Radhika suddenly dried her eyes and said: nothing..  bus yuhi..

Daadi: you were remembering granny..

Radhika just nodded her head layig in same position'

Daadi:  " one day we all will go there only, but still, very few get the blessings from the God to go without suffering"'  and as if in a trance she continued..  " granny was a blessed person, she always  told the stories from her imagination to Chandenpur.. she never depend on any one, . She was healthy for her age.. walking, talking..   and then when her last wish fulfilled she left without giving anybody a hint.. 

Saying that daadi went into silence again'

Daadi: did Rohini called?

Radhika: ha.. 

Daadi: what she said?

Radhika: Dad and uncle went to college and she will call later..

Daadi: hum, so she didn't call after that'

Radhika: mumhum..

"Maaji did call just now and said Radhika got the admission there.. and they are starting tomorrow".. Birju's voice came in..

Daadi: good.. so everything is going as planned. I am glad she got the admission..   then looking at Birju:  now you also go to bed..  ok..

Birju: Theek hei, daadima'   but then looking at  Radhika's posture..  " what happened, Radhika, are you not happy?..  "

Daadi: she is fine Birju, was thinking about Granny..

A sudden expression of sadness covered his face also'  " Daadi, I am going to bed..'

Saying that he left'

A voice of a villager singing loud circled the air of Chandenpur'  Radhika got alert, she rose from the bed, and went near the window and listened to him..   daadi also just looked at her posture listening to the song'

The villager was calling out for the peacock to come out and dance , so that monsoon God feel pleased and shower the dried soil with its wet drops. to satisfy the thirst of this dry soil'  he was pleading to bring the  thunder and lightning and to frighten the whole earth, so that they call Your name again'

Radhika still looking into the darkness to hear the voice : " Daadima, what he is trying to say' why he is wishing for the lightning and thunderstorms."

Daadima: so that we all come back to reality and act like normal people'   all this time we lived our life inside a fairy tale.. now we need to come out..   you need to come out'

Radhika looked at her daadima's face..:  me too..

Daadi: ha betiya..  after that day,  I never heard your loud voice, your laughter, your naughtiness'   I know how hard you are feeling..  you need to accept the fact dear'   I know you have grown up with her imagination, but now you should look at your future. You need to listen to your dad's wish. He is doing all this for your best only dear..  I know you don't want to leave chandenpur, but , yes dear, to embrace the happiness of tomorrow, you need to welcome the sourness of today' 

Radhika didn't say anything, she again went and laid back on her daadi's lap. The feeble sound of the village singer still  echoing in the dark air'   Radhika pulled her daadi's hand more into her side , to get the comfort'.   But still she wiped the wetness of her corner with her finger'  

Part-15.. don't forget the ;like button please..... thanks

so how was it? did you like it.. let me know.. and yes, Next Radhika in Delhi as you all expcted...

Thanks and take care
Devika.. 😃    

Edited by DEVIKA8 - 13 years ago
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
g8 update...thx for the pm
gauranitai thumbnail
👍🏼 Beautiful update!! sooo 😭 dat granny died but i'm looking forward 2 all those sweet Radev moments. Wow! 2 whole yrs of mischief, bickering an love-filled moments!! i'm sooo impatient! 😆
Devika. thumbnail

Thank you for the likes and valuable comments dear..

@ Avina-fan: thanks, I hope you will like next part too

@nysweetie:thank you dear.. and glad to know that you liked it..

@bhavi: thanks dear, and I hope you will like next part of this FF too… coming up soon

@guaraniti: yes dear, I cannot write much on that, so I decided to jump.. hope it worked.. next part coming up soon..

Thank you friends, your words are my encouragement.

Love and take care

Devika

Dancer97 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
hi devikadi,
i wanna say thta i loved the updates, but i'm sad that granny died. hopefully radev will be 2ogether soon
Devika. thumbnail

Part-15

The days were passing quick..   Radhika back in her usual form, running around the Chandenpur village.. She took Rahul to show Sundari's kids.  They took pictures. Soon it was time for her to leave to Delhi..  Everything had packed..  she went and slept in Daadi's room, holding her tight' ...

The next day, by evening they reached Delhi.  Suchi was so happy to see Radhika that the minute she saw her, she hugged her tight.

"how was the ride"   suchi asked in a motherly way..

"good" Radhika replied in a normal tone..

Sunder in a teasing smile:  Suchi, let them come inside yaar..

Suchi with a smile, held Radhika's hand and went inside..

Suchi: come I will show you your room..

Radhika looked around the house. A different feel was there in everything, with the paints on the wall to the arrangements of the furniture.  She saw how well they managed to keep everything well in that space, still has space to walk around..

Lechu: come deedi..

Rahdika: hum'    she walked along with Suchi and Lechu. Lechu showed her the room, next to Lechu's . 

"This is beautiful'.. daadi's voice caught their attention..

Suchi smiled. Radhika went inside her room..  Nicely arranged room with one corner had the table with flat screen monitor & computer, next to that was a bookshelf.  The color of light majenda was shown everywhere, from bed spread to window curtains.  Suchi also showed  her  a dressing table, with that  never faded smile on her lips.  Radhika just followed her smile to see everything..

Lechu: Deedi, look at this, do you like our selection..

Radhika turned to look at Lechu and found her standing in front of a big almara with few dress in it.  Mom and I did shopping for you last weekend. I also got lucky to get few. See, I am sure you will like it too..

Radhika: I  brought enough dress with me.. I don't need'...

"ah ha', this is our gift for you, and you cannot refuse it..'.. Suchi said in a serious tone..

LEchu: now come with me, I will show you my room'...   saying that she pulled on Rahdika's hand..  " actually I told mom, that we can share my room,. But mom said, then I won't let you study either, so only she separated us..

Radhika entered Lechu's room, she loved it.. it has cartoon charactors on the wall..  even her bed spread and everything had Disney charactors...'

Radhika looked at her

:that's because I love them around me..,  and him.." saying that Lechu jumped onto her bed and hugged the big teddy bear on it'..

"now come with me, I will show you the complete house..'  saying that Lechu pulled on her hand again..

Suchi: lechu, give her some time dear. She might be tired, let's  get her something to drink..

Lechu: sure mom..

Suchi looking at daadi: look at her, otherwise she won't even pick a glass of water by herself..  now  she is ready to serve Radhika..

Daadi: all the girls are same only. Now you have to tolerate two..  think of it..

Suchi: don't worry maaji, Radhika will be fine here .  moreover, I know her well na. she is a very good girl..

Daadi smiled and went near Suchi and took her hand in hers and said: ' I know one day she needs to come here only, and you all will take care of her well too'..  then with a shivering voice she continued'..."but  first time she is leaving all of us and coming to live in a new place, if she makes any mistakes please forgive her and  guide her'"

Suchi: Maaji, why you need to tell all these. I know it well, Radhika is just like my daughter only, and I will take care of her as my daughter only..

Tears rolld up in Daadi's eyes, but she managed to control it..  she left Suchi's hand as she heard Dev's voice..

Dev: Pranam daadi..

Daadi extended her arm out, and Dev came near and hugged her..

Daadi: how are you?

Dev: good Daadi..

Daaadi: how is the planning going on?

Dev: got the approval from university, now waiting for the next step. Hopefully in two months, I will be able to cherish my dream..

Daadi looking at Suchi: what to say, one is coming from Village to town to continue her study and within few months somebody from town is flying to continue his studies..   still nobody is satisfied..

Then looking back at Dev..  "will you come back after studies, or'"

Dev: I don't know that yet Daadi, for now I am going to continue my studies only.. let see..

Daadi: hum..   sab bhagavan ke marzi'

Dev: Maaji nahi ayi kya..?

Daadi: no, somebody needs to be there at home.  I wanted to see everyone here, so this time I came. May be they all will come, with Rahul..   Birju wanted to come too..  you know with all the workers on the field, it is so difficult for all of us to go somewhere, somehow managing everything..

Their tak went on...

Lechu: this is Bro's room..  don't tell him that I showed this to you ok..  They entered into his room.. her eyes gone wild as she saw  a big postre of Big B on the wall..

Lechu: Don't get confused, that is real Mr. Bachan,.  Bro is a great fan of him'...  and you know what;  he danced on one of his numbers  on their farewell day'...  we have the video here, I will show you later , ok..  I don't know how he managed it...'

With that she controlled her laugh...'

"you know what else he likes.. he love sports..  he is actually a sport guy..  he was the captain of college team for last two years. All the girls just drool over him.. and you should see,  we used to go and watch his tournaments....' my God, the girls just circle you and pamper you like anything.. they just irritate you with their lovely words....  with that mom and I used to go in the middle of the game only...' 

Radhika's eyes just circled around his room..

"so what is your likes Lechu?"  Radhika asked as she was looking at the bookshelf..

Lechu:  mine, nothing seriously.. Now my friends are asking me to join in one of the dance performance, but you know what, I don't know abcd of this dance.. I can dance for fun, but not on stage..

Radhika: why not Lechu..

Lechu: it is not that easy..

Radhika: if you really wish, you can..

Lechu stopped for a second and looked at Radhika seriously..

Radhika looked back at her..  : what?

Lechu: do you know how to dance?

Radhika: kind of, ..

Lechu's eyes rolled and she  came near Radhika: Seriously, do you know how to dance?

Radhika; I learned Kathak since I was 6 yr old.. so yes, I know , but  I don't know either..

Lechu: you are a kathak dancer,  why you didn't tell me earlier..   ok ok.. one minute,..'

She took a deep breath..  and then continued..  ' so you are saying you are learning Kathak for all these years'"

Radhika: yes I am and I am still learning it..

Lechu: so can you help us to complete our steps..

Radhika: what?

Lechu: actually we are stuck in the middle, actually I was blabbing earlier, I love dancing, but that happened recently only. Mom asked me many times about learning dance, I tried to go too, but you know each time I go to this master, he ask me whether I practiced.. so it was not going well between us and one day I decided to drop out..   but now, with my friends, we are doing a bollywood number, and I love doing it.. so you can help us..

Radhika: I don't know, but I can try..

Lechu: did you ever danced on the stage..

Radhika in a cool way: ha, school, college, and chandenpur festivals..

Lachu jumping on her feet: OMG OMG OMG'...  I love it'  ...but then thinking seriously..  ' deedi, don't tell this to any one ok..  just keep it as a secret for now.."

Radhika:  why we need to tell everyone, you asked, that is why I said..

Lechu: I know I know.. But when my mom comes to know this na, she will fly up in the air.. she is a poet , you know..   I have seen her work..  beautiful..  but I know she love dancing too.. after her marriage she left that passion and tried to impose that on me, and naturally I resisted, but she agreed with my decision, but now, I didn't tell this to  anyone..  I just want to give them as a sursprise..  so keep this as a secret for now ok..

Radhika; but then how do you practice..
Lechu winked her eye: will show you later..

"They are calling you downstairs.."   sound of Dev brought them back from their secret talk..

Radhika jerked to look at Dev, so did he' ...they exchanges a cold eyelock..    But then Lechu pulled on her hand slowly and with her eyes she said to keep the promise and then brought her thumbs up from the side, away from Dev..

"ha, we are going down only , bro". saying that she walked down, still holding onto Radhika's hand.. Radhika walked behind her' ... as she reached near Dev, she paused for a second and gave another cold look' ... Dev also gave the same look back.. and then slowly moved her feet as she felt the force on her hand'

Part-16 Don't forget the like button please.. thank you..
Ok friends.. I am moving on, hope I will be able to carry you with me too.. Don't know , only your response can give me the clue. hope you are still with me..  next part coming tomorrow.. till then  take care
 Devika
Edited by DEVIKA8 - 13 years ago
Devika. thumbnail
Originally posted by: sugarandspice

hi devikadi,

i wanna say thta i loved the updates, but i'm sad that granny died. hopefully radev will be 2ogether soon

thanks Vasha....   yes, even i don't feel to good to write about it, so only jumped fromt hat plot...   yes, Radev parts are coming up from tomorrow.. today they are back face to face.. so let see now how their relationship will go on....