Thendral Forums Rules & Regulations

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey friends,

With the immense growth of the Tamil Section at india-forums.com, we wish to share the rules and regulations developed specifically for this section with all our members to ensure a peaceful atmosphere.  We request everyone to read through these rules and are hoping that all our members will abide by it.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Development Team Members.  We hope you all have a pleasent time here!  

Thank you!

Thendral forums Dev team

**Rules for Thendral Forum**

1. Bashing versus constructive criticism:

* Bashing:  an act of verbal abuse or the use of foul language that can be provocative
             or offensive! 

* Constructive Criticism: any feedback that is purely intended to improve someone

else's work in future endeavors! 

India-forums.com Code of Conduct strictly forbids members from bashing actors, characters or fellow members!  This includes the use of foul language, as well as any personal remarks, i.e. how the actor looks like, as they have no control over it!  We welcome members to share their constructive criticism on the absurdity of the story line and character, as well as to discuss the actor's talents, however, please refrain from engaging in any kind of bashing, which may have severe consequences.

2. Personal attacks/posting harsh /hurting comments.

* Each and everyone are entitled to having their own point of view, likes and dislikes.  Differences in opinions are bound to exist in a forum like India-forums.com.  However, this does not permit one to attack their fellow members for not sharing the same point of view.  Let us respect our fellow members and refrain from making any provocative statements, which may only lead to unnecessary quarrels. 

* Members come here to relax and unwind. Quoting some one's post and making a harsh comment begets displeasure. You have no right to post any abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic comments which is enough to hurt the sentiments of your fellow member. All these fictions are not worth hurting a fellow IF ian. Please do remember this.

3. Spoilers/updating

* Members are forbidden from posting any sort of spoilers and titbits before the update is posted. We agree at times it kindles the interest but the up-daters are dissuaded by the spoilers. They do not want to do detailed updates as the spoilers initiate discussions and the time and effort of the updater is disregarded.  Please keep in mind that our updaters have merely volunteered to do the updates, so we kindly request everyone to appreciate their time and effort.

*We welcome all those who are interested in updating to join our updaters team.  Please feel free to contact the Section's Development Team Members or any of there serial updaters via Private Messages ahead of time.  Your help is highly appreciated!

4. Writing in caps

The use of capital letters to write the entire sentence is forbidden!!!  Please refrain from using all CAPITAL letters as it is considered to be the equivalent of shouting on the internet!

5. Quoting post

Please refrain from quoting long posts and/or multiple posts at once, as it lengthens the posts and may also alter the codes, making it difficult for the readers.  If you wish to reply to a post by someone else, simply quote the member's post and delete the parts other than the ones you wish to address.  You may also use @ followed by the member's name (for example: @Aahaana: your point). 

6. Spamming/adverting

*Any kind of spamming will not be tolerated, and such unnecessary posts will be deleted without notice. Please try to stick to the discussion topic, and not wonder off irrelevant issues.  Please refrain from spamming to increase the number of posts! 

* Advertising other websites/ forums/ blogs is strictly prohibited on India-forums.com 

7. Copyright materials

The video mixes, signatures, and avatars posted on India-forums.com Thendral section are exclusively for India-forums.com members.  People do not use these creations outside of India-forums.com, unless specified by the creator.  If you wish to use a creation, please contact the creator of the creations to seek permission. 

8. Language

Since this is a public forum, the main means of communication is language.  Please pay attention to the language you us.  Furthermore, there are many minors here on the forum, hence please refrain from using abusive or derogatory language! 

9. Report button

If you come across any issue on the forum that may require immediate attention, please use the REPORT button to report to the development team.  The development team will look into the matter as soon as possible!

10. Private messages

It is perfectly alright to flood the inbox of your friend but please refrain from flooding others, especially the DT's!  Please feel free to send PMs to any Developmental Team members with your questions or concerns, however, we kindly request members NOT to spamming their inbox wwith unreasonable demands!  Believe us, we find it difficult to keep afloat amidst all our tasks of updating, policing and maintaining peace here.

11. Foreign Languages 

The use of foreign languages is not allowed in this section.  You may use Tamizh, English or Tanglish to update or comment while in india-forums.com Tamil section.  At times, member do write in Manglish (Malayam combined with English) since the language is closely associated with Tamil or in Malay to greet fellow members (thought not extensively used).  Such posts (written in Malay or Manglish) can easily be monitored as we have Development Team Members who are well versed in these langauges.  However, any other foreign languages are not allowed!

We hereby request our members to abide by the rules.  If anyone breaks the rules, the Development Team will give a written warning.  If the member continues to break the rules, they will receive a Private Message from the Development Team, followed by subsequent raises in warning meter!  If the warning level reaches up to 100%, it automatically leads to a BAN!  With regards to the warning procedure, we have adapted a new procedure developed by DMG development team.  Credits go to Gagan and Preeti. 

The Development Team members are always available to help you.😳Please feel free to contact any one of us with any genuine problems or issues.  We will get back to you at the earliest. 😛

Please take contact with Thendral Forums Dev Team

Channel moderators:

We wish you all a pleasant journey here, and have a great time interacting and making new friends here. 

Thank you!!!

India Forums Development Team
Edited by Aahaana - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Dear Members, 

It has come to our attention that creations made exclusively for India-forums.com are being stolen and used in other forums! This is a friendly reminder to everyone that creations (signatures, avis, VMs) made exclusively for members of India-forums.com are to be used within the forum. If you wish to use any of the exclusive materials from this site, please get permission of the creators as well as give credits to the site! Otherwise, it is considered as stealing, and violates the rules! Furthermore, please refrain from giving any spoilers of the day's episode till the updates are up!  It is really unfair on the members volunteer their time and effort to watch and write the updates!  

Last but not the least, as per India-forums.com code of conduct, members are NOT allowed to advertise other forums and websites! Please do not use this platform to promote other forums/ websites! If otherwise, it will lead to serious consequences, such as a ban (if repeated time and again). So please kindly follow the rules and have a great time discussing your favourite shows as well as to make friends!  

Thank you, 
IF Dev Team!

Posted: 12 years ago
Channel Moderator's Note:  

Hi Thendral fans,
It has been a stormy week for me managing to reply all the Pms I received from this section. I understood that my word " groupism" in my previous message in the following thread was totally misinterpreted by many of you.

As I replied to many of you...it was just a general statement and not to point fingers at anyone at all...The same problem we faced once in Thirumathi Selvam Forum which was the hottest section at the beginning...and there we had to face the same kind of enthusiasm and misunderstanding and arguments and what not...and we did post somewhat the same kind of message there too...!!

One more thing I want to make it clear here is...when I posted that message I was not receiving Pms like now...!!! So no one can go around tell others that my message was referring to A,B or so

So please do not get hurt and whoever sending  Pms to many thendral fans that my words are pointing at you...please do not believe that....I and my entire team members are here to make this forum a happy place...As you all aware Sri and Srima are working so hard to bring all of you together...under one roof...and definitely we do not want the members having hurt feelings for something I/we did not mean at all... I can cross my heart and shout this anywhere you want...!!

I humbly request all of you to put back whatever misunderstanding so far caused by whoever it is...behind and move forward as before...so that we DT members also will be more than  happy  to serve you...Please remember we are also human beings who work here without expecting anything but a tap on our shoulders...Once again...I am pleading all of the thendral forum viewers to come together like a happy family...

One more thing...I may be a Channel Moderator but I do not have any rights to scream at any one...pointing my fingers...at others...that is not my character...too...!!

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago
Moderator's Note:Of late, we see a lot of bashing in this section. In the open  forum and by private messages. Time and again we  have said that this is FICTION - in all caps. Nothing , I repeat NOTHING is worth bashing a fellow IF ian. A fellow Forum member EXISTS - for real . They are not fictional characters. The least one can do to a fellow human being is to be civil to them. No one forces anybody to post birth day wishes. It is absolutely fine if one does not want to wish. But that freedom does not give them the right to curse or bash. This note can be treated as a severe warning. If such heinous acts continue, the member runs the risk of getting banned.

Roja for Tamil Development team.

Edited by rojapoooo - 11 years ago