Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kareena Kapoor on her heroes (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 11

dkdc

dkdc

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

See I disgree with such strict rules. Because on a public forum, you are BOUND to disagree, and BOUND to debate. In debates, you can often use sarcasm to make someone else see a point. Which is what Lily was trying to do. I dont know if the supposed member SAW it, but I'm sure we all had a laugh and saw her point.
I find it really witty.
I mean, with all due respect to the mods, you cant be parents to all the members here. If certain members post something ridiculous, others will get riled up and react. But what ends up happenignis, that those same members start something up, and then end up being protected by the mods. Sure, they also get "a warning". But in teh process, now we have faced with such strict rules, that now, even before getting into the debate, we're restricted.

I think the line should be drawn if inappropriate language is used, or a member directly bashses another. But being sarcastic towards a post shoudltn be considered rule breaking.

Exactly. Strongly agree with the highlighted part.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-poppy2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kareena Kapoor on her heroes (Page 9)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
@Simranji, you do a great job of moderating the forum! I really mean it! And once again, what I wrote was not at all directed towards you! I can totally understand where you are coming from! (I certainly do not send whining PM's to other members and mods! That is such a junior school attitude!LOL)

@Lilly, after telling others not to leave the forum....you please do not do the same! Just stay back and write whatever you want to! The max that will happen is that you will get your warning levels reach high...and that is sort of a psuedo-respectful thing to happen in IF!LOL Seriously, don't leave!

@katforeve....If you think that people should leave you alone, then the best place to write would be a personal blog where you can restrict access to other people and only allow those who agree with you! To write on a public forum and expect people to not comment back / disagree with you is a bit weird, to say the least!

Edited by poppy2009 - 22 November 2010 at 7:36pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusdkdc-Mmmmm-beboholic

-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm-

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
And Simranji you too. You cannot stop moderating. We want you here as much as we want Lily here. Smile

If you don't come back, right after Lily my belan is coming after you... Emoticon: Angry Woman With Rolling Pin

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

beboholic

dkdc

dkdc

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
I have to leave now.
@Simran, I was not criticising you. I hardly know you, I just read the posts here at the Bollywood forum and a few forums here and there. I was just raising questions that all those who write at public forums should think about. Also, whatever I have read written by laxilli has never seemed instigative, merely thought provoking, so today when I saw her questioned, I couldn't help posting. Hope there aren't any hard feeling.
@Laxilli, if you want to keep writing, please do. If you're trying to do something else with your time, that's all right, though the forum will be less thought provoking without you.

-Mmmmm-beboholic

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Why is it that the wrong members end up taking offense? Its happened before that the one who seems to start the problem remains unaffected.
Lily, Simran, both of you are frikkin amazing members! Please stay!

-Mmmmm-beboholic

~*simran*~

IF-Veteran Member

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

KatForeva relax dont take peoples comment to personally Hug 

~*simran*~ please dont say that your one of the best mods Hug 

people perceive things differently I don't see anything wrong in you asking for people to stop provoking fights sarcasm mostly leads to that it depends on how people take it unfortunately here it was taking in a negative way 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-poppy2009tomnjerry2

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 22 November 2010 at 9:05pm | IP Logged

I agree with Simran on this one - It gets a little annoying when members (and I'M NOT saying Lili) but just members in general make these indirect digs at other members - and then people complain that we don't really do anything. I don't think it's a big secret that all we want is for everyone to respect one another and be cooperative.

Anywho - I think all this can be said in the Feedback topic - otherwise we should get back to the original discussion.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top