Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ~*simran*~

Lily, I would really appreciate it if you do not use sarcasm to get a point across. It will only lead to baseless fights. If you don't agree with something then say it w/o the sarcasm. I do not want to to deal with fights. She stated an opinion, disagree with it or just ignore it. No need for this sarcasm ji.

Secondly for all.....we don't know these celebs personally (even if you are fan, sorry you don't know them personally). So judging anybody on how they are in their personal lives is baseless. They are public figures so their love life is out in the open.....heartbreaks are universal. A might be ruthless b/c A broke up with B (according to B fans) and vice versa for A fans....no one knows what  transpired....we just try to fill in the blanks. So what to do when we don't know? I'd say not to tread that path, but we love gossip....so lets tread it without stepping on each others toes.

Thirdly....just stop fighting. Please? It's useless, pointless, and whatever less. No fighting makes my life easier, and I'm sure your lives too. I-F contributes to like 0.0001% of the world population, so really it does not matter. Enjoy your time, ignore people, get long with people.

And lastly...please respect others (members/celebs). Personal choice is a beautiful right. What they do in their personal lives is none of our concern. Don't agree with it? Fine, neither you will lose sleep over it, neither will they.

Sorry Simran ji can you show me the IF rule which forbids to use sarcasm, irony, sense of humor - I'd love to see that. 😛
Till that day. I'm out of the forum. 😊 Goodbye everyone. 😛😉 
Edited by lalixlili - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: lalixlili

Sorry Simran ji can you show me the IF rule which forbids to use sarcasm, irony, sense of humor - I'd love to see that. 😛
Till that day. I'm out of the forum. 😊 Goodbye everyone. 😛😉 

Lilli.......nahiiiiiiiiiiin....you can't leave! Hell no....I check your comments everyday. If you leave, this place won't have the same charm. And yes, where does it ever state that sarcasm is forbidden on IF? We can't bash, we can't use curse words, we can't quote too much, we can't even use sarcasm....maybe we should just hug and kiss each other all the time. Yawnnn.... ðŸ¥±
Vedika211 thumbnail
I think not allowing people to be sarcastic is taking things a bit too far. She made a point that got across. She was not attacking or bashing anyone. She should not be reprimanded for it, as if we were all in school or something.
And if we all start ignoring each other's comments, what is the point of a discussion forum?
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
With no offence to any of the mods or members on this forum, what is a member supposed to write actually?

We can't bash anyone! (whatever that word means, anyway)

We can't be sarcastic about anyone!

We can't be disrespectful about anyone!

We can't make fun of anyone!

We can't be mocking!

We can't be cyncial!

We can't be contempteous!

We can't be disapproving!

Lily is one of the most balanced posters on the Bollywood Forum! She never takes sides, she doesn't belongs to camps, she is never abusive or aggressive! (I read each and every post of hers, so I know what I am writing about!)

If IF starts dissing members like her, what are the rest of us supposed to do?😕

PS: I just want to add that, Simranji, this post is not directed towards you! This is just a general question I have for the confusing and ever changing rules and regulations of India-forum, which seem to have a different set of rules for every member!😕
Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So much drama wow...people really have a lot of time on their hands to write all this. Come on in Simran Ji and just say "Do whatever you want" lol.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If sarcasm isn't allowed. Than immature comments like Kareena doesn't deserve Shahid shouldn't be allowed either. Because that's what started it all. It's all @Katforeva's fault. If a member says things like that, they can't expect ppl to be sarcastic toward them. Katforeva's comments so deserved that. No offense to simran ji's warning. But I have to say this. enough is enough. @katforeva needs to learn her lesson. Well done Lili. Please don't leave. I hope your joking.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
People, sarcasm if it is done in a mocking tone or instigating manner is not allowed. If everything was fine, what was the need to send me PMs or reports? Have I ever stopped anyone from general sarcasm? No I have not as far as I know. This is why I was against public notes b/c it will be taken like this. More than one person felt that it was instigating, so I had to look into it.

I just requested b/c it was going to (or was leading) to a fight that was going to lead to getting this topic closed. It was not a warning, it was just a small request. Every day I get PMs telling me I am bias towards some people etc. I tell A off for being mean to B, but when B is mean to A I never "butt in".

However, I am sorry as this has been taken in a different direction. It was not a warning, just a request to avoid any further fights.

I give up. I am tired of PMs telling me that I am bias and need to stop moderating. I might just take it up now.

Once again, I am sorry; it was not my intention.

Take care.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow way to go Lensa. Of course everyone will blame me and your the first one. I totally expected you to be the first. lol Everyone has the right to comment whatever they want. But that does not mean they pick on other people's comment with sarcasm when obviously they don't like it. Lalixlili has done this before and I didn't say anything but now I'm tired of it. Its not funny and its just stupid. I know most of you do not like me and sometimes I wish to leave this forum but then I love to read all the latest bollywood gossip and at the end of the day that's why all of us are here. I'm sorry if most of you do not like me but that's how I am. Whenever I try to improve, people do something that irritates me. Anyway sorry guys. And Simran Ji please don't take it up. Your amazing :)
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well, simran the PMs are wrong. You are not bias at all. You are doing a great job at moderating.
Vedika211 thumbnail
One person's instigation is another person's argument. Or statement. There is usually little black and white about arguments, and my post was not meant as an attack on a particular moderator per se but as a general questioning of IF rules and regulations, which seem random and differently interpreted and enforced across different sections.

How does one differentiate between 'instigative' and non-instigative sarcasm?