Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Vinisha-

IF-Dazzler

-Vinisha-

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Which is your favorite novel among the Indian writers, the upcoming writers or the ones who wrote their college adventures..Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian writers" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

uvs68

uvs68

Posted: 20 November 2010 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Today I read a book 'Right shoe , wrong fit ' by Varsha Dixit . It is light reading M&B in Indian environment . Good to read. If any one know other indian authors with indian background fiction.

-Vinisha-

IF-Dazzler

-Vinisha-

Posted: 20 November 2010 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Oh Wat kind of book it is?
Do u like love story, then I have a good book for u..I'm sure u will love it..

Aleezzay..

IF-Dazzler

Aleezzay..

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 4:17am | IP Logged
i haven't read the works of indian writers except for - Shobha De , Chetan Bhagat and Arundhati Roy sadly, those books failed to hold my interest so i gave up after reading just one book by each author. 

of them all, Chetan Bhagat's book - 2 states was an interesting read (did not like his other books, much) 

but if you consider Asian writers then i liked ALL books by Khaled Hussaini - a thousand splendid suns being one of my favorites

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Vinisha-

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
I've read Shobaa De and Chetan Bhagat, might have read a few others but not that I remember among the so many books I've read.

Shobaa De is well.. urm .. something I did not like reading, over doze of unnecessary vulgarity. Apart from her book Strange Obsession the others just went way over my head (like Snapshots, Sultry Day, Sisters)

I liked Chetan Bhagat's books, a very realistic approach, 2 states didn't impress me as much as his first three books!

-Vinisha-

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 19 December 2010 at 12:44am | IP Logged
I have by far read only Chetan Bhagat's bestsellers. He was such a nightmare that I dint once touch any other Indian author's book. LOL Though, my Grand Dad and Dad tell me that the criteria of his writings is solely to motivate the youth and everything and if I am searching well written stuff - I have to hit the short stories of Khushwant Singh, Munshi Prem Chand etc etc. :D

-Vinisha-

pooja_l

IF-Rockerz

pooja_l

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 2:25am | IP Logged
read arundhati's book

x.sunayna.x

IF-Dazzler

x.sunayna.x

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
One of my faves is 2 states by Chetan Bhagat - a light read, but definitely entertaining ! I also enjoyed The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banarjee Divyakaruni (sp?), a historical/mythical book !

Post Reply New Post

Go to top