Book Talk

Indian writers

-Vinisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Which is your favorite novel among the Indian writers, the upcoming writers or the ones who wrote their college adventures..😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uvs68 thumbnail
Today I read a book 'Right shoe , wrong fit ' by Varsha Dixit . It is light reading M&B in Indian environment . Good to read. If any one know other indian authors with indian background fiction.
-Vinisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Wat kind of book it is?
Do u like love story, then I have a good book for u..I'm sure u will love it..
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i haven't read the works of indian writers except for - Shobha De , Chetan Bhagat and Arundhati Roy sadly, those books failed to hold my interest so i gave up after reading just one book by each author. 

of them all, Chetan Bhagat's book - 2 states was an interesting read (did not like his other books, much) 

but if you consider Asian writers then i liked ALL books by Khaled Hussaini - a thousand splendid suns being one of my favorites
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I've read Shobaa De and Chetan Bhagat, might have read a few others but not that I remember among the so many books I've read.

Shobaa De is well.. urm .. something I did not like reading, over doze of unnecessary vulgarity. Apart from her book Strange Obsession the others just went way over my head (like Snapshots, Sultry Day, Sisters)

I liked Chetan Bhagat's books, a very realistic approach, 2 states didn't impress me as much as his first three books!

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have by far read only Chetan Bhagat's bestsellers. He was such a nightmare that I dint once touch any other Indian author's book. 😆 Though, my Grand Dad and Dad tell me that the criteria of his writings is solely to motivate the youth and everything and if I am searching well written stuff - I have to hit the short stories of Khushwant Singh, Munshi Prem Chand etc etc. :D
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
read arundhati's book
x.sunayna.x thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
One of my faves is 2 states by Chetan Bhagat - a light read, but definitely entertaining ! I also enjoyed The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banarjee Divyakaruni (sp?), a historical/mythical book !
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I like Jhumpa Lahiri's books but sometimes she overkills the entire 'bengali woman alone in the states' topic :S

my favorites from hers:
Namesake - I love how she wrote this book..really takes a person inside out from a lonely mother's tale then passing on to her son...its tragic but the journey was nicely written

Unaccustomed Earth - Some short stories are good others are forgettable..one of my favorites from this one is : hema // last one i believe 🤔
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i have only read arundhati roy and chetan bhagat who r indian writers but write in english anglo indian typessss and when it comes to indian books

i luved premchands godan

and anguriya binimoy they are historical books on our evil scoeity and culture