Gulaal

Gulaal Articles Corner: NO COMMENTS

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Gulaal.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted.

Afreen

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
https://img.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/50x50/8056.jpgStar Plus to spread color 'Gulaal Ke Sang'

Star Plus with Sphere Origins brings its new show 'Gulaal Ke Sang' from next week....

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Gulaal is the defining point of my career: Manasi Parekh

Manasi Parekh is back to TV with the upcoming show Gulaal on STAR Plus in which she plays the title role. The show has been shot in the beautiful city of  Jaisalmer and Manasi is very excited about Gulaal. Read on to find out more about her character and the show.

You had been missing from the small screen for sometime so why did you choose Gulaal to make a comeback?
Every actress wants a role which becomes the defining point of her career and for me it's Gulaal. I did not do TV for 5-6 months because I was looking for something exciting, different and unique.

Can you tell us a little about your role?

Gulaal is full of contradictions. She is innocent but smart, intelligent but nave. She has mood swings but is normally loving and emotional. So in short the character has lots of shades.

What is the theme of the show? Does it aim to spread any social message?
Yes there is a theme and message but it's too early to reveal it. STAR Plus has been making interesting dramas with a social message and Gulaal is similar in that sense, but different from any other show on television.

How is the experience of working with co-stars Rahil Azam and Manoj Joshi?
Both of them are senior actors and very sweet and humble. It was a challenge working with them but I also got to learn and absorb a lot from my co-stars.

The show has been shot in shot in Jaisalmer, did you enjoy shooting there? What did you like most about the location?
It was challenging to shoot in Jaisalmer because of the weather conditions. At times it is extremely hot and extremely cold at other times. I had never been to a desert before this shoot and have to say that it is beautiful. We have even shot in 47 degree celsius heat on the first day and it was very tough. Otherwise Jaisalmer is a beautiful city, we shot in the white desert and Rann which are visually stunning.

Any memorable incidents while shooting or memorable scenes from the show?
Oh there are loads of memorable incidents. I had to ride a camel for one scene but it would just not move. Someone suggested that I should kick it and after that it started running. That was very scary, but now I have become a pro at riding a camel.

Gulaal is replacing the popular show Bidaai, do you think it will do as well as its predecessor?
I am hoping it does well and that it is liked by the audience. Bidaai is a very good show but even Gulaal is colorful, vibrant and dramatic.

Why according to you should the audience watch this show?
The main hero of Gulaal is the story. It has a great set of actors and cinematography and direction is also great. The plot is very catchy and every scene creates curiosity about what is going to happen next. The beautiful colors of Rann of Kutch are the icing on the cake.

What message would you like to give to all your fans?
I used to get a lot of fan mail about why I am missing from TV. I want to announce that I have now come back with a bang. It has been a challenge for me as I was the only girl on the sets riding camels in the desert. I love my new avatar, it's a platform to showcase my talent.

http://starplus.startv.in/show/gulaal-gulaal-is-the-defining-point-of-my-career-manasi-parekh/news84_909.aspx

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: gaurav_fan

Star Parivaar welcomes Gulaal

STAR Plus new show Gulaal revolves around a young bright girl, Gulaal who hails from Rashipur near the Rann of Kutch.

And to welcome the show to STAR parivaar there was a huge conference and after party for the show, where other actors from other shows on STAR Plus were present. The main attraction of the show was the first episode being screened on a gigantic screen that was enjoyed by all.

Krishna and Pratigya, who were present at the event, enjoyed the screening of Gulaal. " I enjoyed the entire setup. The star cast is perfect, right from the lead actress Manasi, as well as the supporting cast. The shooting has been excellent, with the makers and the channel doing a great job in making the show look real."

The Kashyap family from Sasural Genda Phool were also present at the showing. Ishaan and Suhana praised the show. "I'm very happy that Manasi is part of the STAR Parivar. I liked the show's concept and I am sure that Gulaal-Vasant will be a popular onscreen couple," said Jai Soni aka Ishaan.

The story of Gulaal comes from the parched village of Talsagra in Kutch and its arch rival Rashipur. Gulaal is a bright 24-year-old residing in Rashipur, with a special gift of sensing water beneath the sand in an arid desert. Unfazed by the protests from the people of Rashipur and leaving behind her family and friends, Gulaal sets out to help the residents of Talsagra find water. Over time, the story beautifully portrays her ability to take intelligent and well informed decisions for the benefit of her people, her quest to find water in draught affected Talsagra with Vasantji and their love story. The character of Gulaal will be played by Manasi Parekh marking her comeback to television while Rahil Azam of Hatim Tai fame will play Vasantji, her love interest in the show.

Don't forget to watch Gulaal-Zindagi Ka Har Rang every Monday to Friday at 9 p.m. only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/955/star-parivaar-welcomes-gulaal.aspx

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Gulaal is a film on TV", says Vasant

Versatile actor Rahil Azam is back on TV as Vasant in the recently launched Gulaal on STAR Plus. We catch up with the actor and find out more about his role and the show.

You had been missing from the small screen for sometime, why did you choose to make your comeback as Vasant in Gulaal?

I was never intentionally away from TV. I work in a show only if the role compliments me and helps me grow as an actor. I usually have a gap of 3 months to a year before I accept a new role. My last role was in Mr. and Mrs. Mishra on Sahara one. I try to do just one project a year because the subjects I normally come across are the typical stuff. I want my character to be a class apart and am willing to wait for the right role. All my roles in the past have been challenging and mature and I have even played a woman in Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na. I had never played a character like Vasant before and he is a contrast to all my previous roles. Gulaal is an amazing blend of a great setup, fantastic director and cast and brilliant cinematography.

How easy or difficult was it to slip into the character of Vasant?
Normally when the script is narrated to me, I start visualizing the character, but in this case I found it difficult to do so. Our director Siddharth Sengupta is brilliant. He supported me brilliantly and our wavelength matched perfectly. I admire the way he thinks and makes you come into his tangent. I would describe him as an intelligent and creative man. Under his directon when you watch yourself on screen you get mesmerized by your own performance. I have learnt so much from him.

How did you work towards perfecting the Kutch dialect for the show?
I did not really work on it much because we have tried not to go into it too deeply, keeping the audience all over India and also abroad in mind.

The introductory episode had a scene where you are sleeping in the desert. Did you face any difficulty shooting that scene?
We shot that much later, about a month after the shoot started. I wanted it to be shot earlier because it was my introductory scene and I wanted to get my first note right. When we finally shot it I did not face any difficulty, infact I enjoyed shooting it.

How was the experience of shooting in Rajasthan?
Rajasthan has lovely locations. People usually go to Goa for a romantic weekend but I would suggest they opt for the beautiful Jaisalmer.

How has the experience of working with co-stars Manasi Parekh and Manoj Joshi been?
I have worked with Manoj ji in the past, so our tuning is very good. I had heard about Manasi before Gulaal but never interacted with her. She is a director's actress, very spontaneous and natural. I feel astonished seeing her performance in the show.

Any memorable incident while shooting or memorable scene from the show?
There have been plenty of memorable incidents. In Jaisalmer we were shooting outdoors and every morning I used to find myself on top of a camel (laughs). Everyday is a new experience. Gulaal is shot on a huge canvas and has an original script.

Do you think Gulaal will match up to the popular show Bidaai which it has replaced?
I don't watch TV much but I have heard that Bidaai had done wonders. Everything actually depends on the audience and the two shows are totally different. The only common thing between Bidaai and Gulaal is the time slot and channel.

Why according to you is the most interesting part of the show?
Everything from the direction by Mr. Siddharth Sengupta to the acting to cinematography is interesting.

What can we expect to see in upcoming episodes?
There is loads that you can expect to see on the show. Gulaal is an ocean, it's more like a film on TV, not just a daily soap. It has a love story as well as war between villages. The show is not restricted to just one family or person. I have never seen anything like this on TV and thank Allah for making me a part of Gulaal. It is brilliantly written and the camera work will leave you awestruck.

You have earlier worked in a show like Hatim which was of the fantasy genre. Do you enjoy fantasy or realistic shows more?
Whatever I do whether it is anchoring, acting in a documentary or daily soap I enjoy everything. Whether it works or does not is not in my hand. My reward is when the audience accepts my work. Hatim was a landmark for me. It is probably the only show that has consecutive reruns since the past 5 years but I did not want to be typecast in the Hatim type image. I kept breaking the image that I had created in my previous show with every new show that I signed.I broke my Hatim image with Saarthi and broke that image with Yeh Meri Life Hai and so on. I dreamt of playing a cop and that wish was fulfilled with Mr and Mrs Mishra. Now I am Vasant of Gulaal who is madly in love with his village and can do anything for it.

Any message for your fans on Starplus.in?
Love your parents as they are the best gift that God has given. People are influenced by western culture a lot these days but please never forget your roots.

Keep watching Gulaal every Monday-Friday at 9pm on STAR Plus

Gulaal is a film on TV, Says Vasant.

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Vasant reveals his true identity to Gulaal

The latest in Gulaal is that with Vasant's ( Rahil Azam) help Gulaal (Manasi Parekh) has discovered that she has the special gift of sensing water beneath the sand of the desert.

In tonight's episode, the show promises some major drama as Vasant will reveal to Gulaal that he belongs to the rival village Talsagra and that he needs her to save his village that is facing a dreadful draught. Fans of the show can expect to witness a major fight between Vasant and Gulaal who is shocked to learn that Vasant had earlier lied to her about his identity and intentions.

We spoke to Gulaal aka Manasi Parekh who reveals "Yes there is going to be a big fight between Gulaal and Vasant aka Lakha after his confession that he belongs to the rival village Talsagra. Gulaal is furious and asks him to leave. He tries his best to convince her to come and save his village that need is in desperate need of water". "In the previous episode Gulaal was shocked to discover about her special ability of sensing water after the payal that Vasant had given her starts ringing. She throws the payal at him and runs away. This is how Vasant realises that I am the Neerja he is looking for", she adds.

Vasant aka Rahil Azam says " Tonight you will see the turning point of the show. Finding Neerja is a dream come true for Vasant. She was the girl who used to appear in Ram Jadiya's dreams. Ram Jadiya had told him about the girl who places feet on the ground and water comes out but he did not believe it at that time. However Vasant takes a big risk and goes against his village and even his father whom he respects a lot. It is because of his belief in Ram Jadiya's words that he goes to Rashipur that belongs to enemy. He knows there is a girl Neerja but faces a lot of difficulty in finding her. When Vasant realizes that Gulaal's real name is Neerja he is angry because she lied to him. Now that Vasant has found Neerja he feels like he has conquered the world because only she can save his village. He knows that he needs her and that is the reason he confesses about his real identity. You will have to watch tonight's episode to find out what happens next".

Do not miss Vasant's confession tonight in Gulaal every Monday-Friday at 9pm on STAR Plus.

Vasant reveals his true IDENTITY to Gulaal

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Gulaal's power to detect water fake?Gulaal's power to detect water fake?

Star Plus and Sphere Origins' Gulaal to see an unexpected twist in the ...

Star Plus and Sphere Origins' Gulaal in its latest episode saw the unfortunate fall of Gulaal's father post the revelation of the identity of Lakha who is Vasant (Rahil Azam) in real.

Adding further on the track our source says "The last episode showed the ill-fated incident where Gulaal's (Mansi Parekh) father meets with an accident. Tonight's episode will see Lakha saving him  by donating blood. After this development, he asks Gulaal (Mansi Parekh) to save his village from drought as a return help, which she agrees to do."

We hear that there is a twist coming for the audience!!

Our source says "When she reaches the village the power of Gulaal, that is her capability to detect water underground with her payal on proves fake. When she goes to Rasipur to help the village get out of the drought, it is seen that Gulaal aka Neerja is unable to detect water, i.e. the magical movement of the anklets by its own turns out to be a bogus."

What's the twist behind this? What happens in the village that proves the sixth sense of Gulaal to be fake?  

That is something the viewers have to watch to be revealed.

-Afeelicious- thumbnail
'I feel that I have the sense of intuition' - Mansi Parekh'I feel that I have the sense of intuition' - Mansi Parekh

Manasi Parekh who now essays the role of Gulaal in Star Plus and Sphere Origins' Gulaal Ke Sang ...

Edited by juhuti - 13 years ago
-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Talsagra gets water after ten days of ordeal in Gulaal.. Talsagra gets water after ten days of ordeal in Gulaal..

Gulaal's effort pays dividends as Talsagra gets water after a big struggle that continues for ten days..

The efforts of Gulaal (Mansi Parekh), the protagonist of Star Plus' new show, will finally bear fruit as she unearths water in the drought-stricken area of Talsagra. But we hear that this success comes after Gulaal and Vasant (Rahil Azam) go thro' a lot of hardships, as they face the wrath of the villagers who feel that she is fake.

Yesterday's episode saw Gulaal get to the area where there is water underneath. Her anklet's sound indicates that there is water in that place, and this very thought excites the villagers. However, when they start digging at that particular area, they are a bit disappointed that they do not see water.

Our source tells us, "Gulaal has sensed water in a particular place, but even after they dig deep, they do not find water. They dig the place for eight full days, but the sight of water prevailing there is not found. This forces the villagers to doubt on Gulaal's ability to find water beneath and feel that her powers are fake".

However the determined Gulaal stays put to her word and tells all the villagers that she will not take food and water till she derives water in the area.

"The villagers however refuse to help, and it is Gulaal and Vasant who continue with the digging. They dig for another three full days with a hope of getting water. And finally Talsagra gets bountiful of water, and this marks the success of Gulaal and Vasant. The villagers thank Gulaal and appreciate her efforts and rejoice a lot on getting water", adds our source.

We hear that soon after Talasgra gets water, villagers arrange for a celebration specially dedicated for Gulaal.

We contacted Mansi Parekh aka Gulaal to know more on the buzz but she refused to comment on the same.

Get to see Gulaal's inspired fight in bringing water to Talsagra..
-Afeelicious- thumbnail
Gulaal to marry Vasant?

The latest happening in Gulaal, the gifted girl has confessed about her love for Vasant to her mother but is shocked after her father reveals that her engagement had already taken place during childhood.

Sources from the show reveal that "In the upcoming episodes the show will have a romantic scene where Gulaal will confess her love for Vasant and even suggest that they should run away and get married. However Gulaal's mother who understands her feelings for Vasant will convince her father to consent to Gulaal's marriage with Vasant. So yes the show will soon see happy times for the couple as Motabha will ask Gulaal's father for her hand in marriage to Vasant in the upcoming episodes".

We spoke to Gulaal aka Manasi Parekh who says "Gulaal confesses to her mother that she loves Vasant and wishes to marry him. It comes as a big shock to her when her father informs her that her engagement had taken place during childhood and her groom to be will be visiting her the next day. She has no idea about who he is as she has never met him before". "Gulaal is in a big dilemma because she loves Vasant and cannot even think of marrying anyone else. However her mother supports her but her father does not", adds Gulaal. When asked about whether Gulaal will convince her father to let her marry Vasant , she says " There is some exciting stuff happening in the maha episode this weekend so watch it to find out what will happen to our love story".

Fans of Vasant-Gulaal can rejoice as their favourite couple is expected to come together soon.

Keep watching Gulaal every Monday-Friday at 9pm on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1088/gulaal-to-marry-vasant.aspx