Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Question about Mytho Shows (Page 3)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
Sorry, I accidentally gave the wrong link for the site where you can buy New Ramayan...here it is.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

There's also Mahima Shani Dev Ki (I think on NDTV Imagine, not sure though), it's pretty good. And there was also Colors' Mahavir Hanuman, but it was very boring and twisted the story waaaaay beyond the other new mythos (and the sets were gloomy and depressing), and it was not very interesting either, so don't recommend it.Ermm
Yeah I heard that Confused Is it the same as Jai Shri Hanuman? Because I have that one at my house and wanted to watch it LOL LOL Sounds horrible LOL LOL 

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by LOLAnisha

This is what I haven't watched:
-Jai Shri Hanuman
-Meera
-Anand Sagar's Ramayan
-Bal Krishna

Is there any other mytho shows you'd recommend? There's Jai Shri Krishna which came on colors and which is not on your list. Or was Jai Shri Hanuman what you meant?LOL I meant JSK by Bal Krishna...or are they totally different shows? LOL I also haven't seen Jai Shri Hanuman.

Do you know which ones are available on DVD? I would try and view them on the computer although it's not my first preference.Anand Sagar's Ramayan came on DVD, and you can find it for cheap on www.shoppingonlineindia.come. No other show you listed came on DVD yet. Thanks :D If I can't find it in any nearby Indian store, I might try that website. It's just more fun to watch on your TV, and that way my family can watch it with me too Big smile 

And specifically about Bal Krishna (which is by one of the Sagars as well), does it cover only Krishna's childhood? Oh, that is prob what you meant by JSK.LOL It covers up till Uddhav, but the Uddhav track was cut short by the Sagars because Colors forced them to end the show quickly, so they had to make up some kind of ending which did not tie into the story, but the ending was cute nonetheless. Yay so it has Radha and Uddhav Dancing 

Or does it also encompass his teenage and adult life? It covers his teenage life, but not adult. That's fine, although I really do love his adult life, his childhood and teenage years contain many of my favorite incidents/episodes.

.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

Sorry, I accidentally gave the wrong link for the site where you can buy New Ramayan...here it is.

Thank you Smile 
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:47pm | IP Logged

^^ Yay, thanks for the post Loli Big smile Gonna watch them Smile And thanks, can't wait to see which other cool mytho shows you find Smile

Most welcome hun Big smile Let me know when, so we can discuss!! As for shows... I've actually liked a greater number of mytho movies than shows, because the movies are older so costumes and stuff are simple so you can focus on the story... esp me with my crappy attention span and eye for clothes LOL In shows... have you seen the Uttar Kand parts of RS Ramayan?? Golden. And I didn't hate BRC's Ramayan, some of the cast was not bad. You liked Om Namah Shivay so Dheeraj Kumar's other stuff - Shree Ganesh, Ganesh Leela - those would be good. I saw several storylines of Ganesh Leela, they were pretty sweet. Covered different devotees who have temples named after them now, how they got there. And... I saw Sanjay Khan's Mahabharat but can't really recommend it... it's hard to accept Mandira Bedi as anyone mytho related LOL But... he had a Ramayan or Hanuman show, I don't remember which, and in it the extra info he gave was pretty cool. Will see what I can dig up on it. And Sanju mentioned one Maa Shakti show at the intro thread, her taste seems to match mine in other stuff so am curious about that one. In movies, just about every single one that starts with "Bhakt" something or "Sant" something is bound to be good, try them all LOL
.anishaa. IF-Dazzler
.anishaa.
.anishaa.

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

^^ Yay, thanks for the post Loli Big smile Gonna watch them Smile And thanks, can't wait to see which other cool mytho shows you find Smile

Most welcome hun Big smile Let me know when, so we can discuss!! As for shows... I've actually liked a greater number of mytho movies than shows, because the movies are older so costumes and stuff are simple so you can focus on the story... esp me with my crappy attention span and eye for clothes LOL In shows... have you seen the Uttar Kand parts of RS Ramayan?? Golden. And I didn't hate BRC's Ramayan, some of the cast was not bad. You liked Om Namah Shivay so Dheeraj Kumar's other stuff - Shree Ganesh, Ganesh Leela - those would be good. I saw several storylines of Ganesh Leela, they were pretty sweet. Covered different devotees who have temples named after them now, how they got there. And... I saw Sanjay Khan's Mahabharat but can't really recommend it... it's hard to accept Mandira Bedi as anyone mytho related LOL But... he had a Ramayan or Hanuman show, I don't remember which, and in it the extra info he gave was pretty cool. Will see what I can dig up on it. And Sanju mentioned one Maa Shakti show at the intro thread, her taste seems to match mine in other stuff so am curious about that one. In movies, just about every single one that starts with "Bhakt" something or "Sant" something is bound to be good, try them all LOL
I think I forgot to write Shree Ganesh LOL But I've seen that too Embarrassed 
And I'll let you know. I'll watch it sometime this weekend or next week, with Thanksgiving break and all Smile I love customes too LOL Esp. mytho ones, they're gorgeous LOL 
Mandira Bedi sounds familiar, some filmy person right?
Thanks, wowzies, tons of cool info and shows, yay! Smile I'll be hooked on a new mytho in no time Big smile Is that the same one as Mata ki Chowki?

Edited by LOLAnisha - 14 November 2010 at 6:56pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lola610-SilverFlames-

desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
i'll be the first to advertise ndtv imagine's meera... although depressing but it was damn good (meera's life was depressing so obviously theres not much u can do w/ that ) but the story was woven so beautifully..i love bhojraj's bit the b e s t!! i would die to have a husband like bhojraj!! ram is obviously god, but as a human, bhojraj had such idealistic characteristics of which you'd want in a husband..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SilverFlames-

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 14 November 2010 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Nopes, Mata Ki Chowki's hardly a mytho at all actually - it and the Devi show Saakshi Tanwar starred in a few years ago are of a different category, I don't even know what to call it - mytho fiction? - where they take a modern character in a modern setting and write a story about how God might intervene in their life... they always start out awesome and inspiring and empowering but end up turning into really sadistic saas bahu messes that'll make you less devoted instead of more. And like any soap they're mad addictive. Bad idea LOL

Have you seen Jai Bajrangbali with Dara Singh? It's really nice, one of my favs... here's that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeKDz9jQ1o

Also loved his Har Har Mahadev... best. song. ever.

Raja Harishchandra was great but sad as hell Cry And of course, Gopal Krishna.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index