Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.anishaa. thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: lola610

Most welcome hun 😃 Let me know when, so we can discuss!! As for shows... I've actually liked a greater number of mytho movies than shows, because the movies are older so costumes and stuff are simple so you can focus on the story... esp me with my crappy attention span and eye for clothes 😆 In shows... have you seen the Uttar Kand parts of RS Ramayan?? Golden. And I didn't hate BRC's Ramayan, some of the cast was not bad. You liked Om Namah Shivay so Dheeraj Kumar's other stuff - Shree Ganesh, Ganesh Leela - those would be good. I saw several storylines of Ganesh Leela, they were pretty sweet. Covered different devotees who have temples named after them now, how they got there. And... I saw Sanjay Khan's Mahabharat but can't really recommend it... it's hard to accept Mandira Bedi as anyone mytho related 😆 But... he had a Ramayan or Hanuman show, I don't remember which, and in it the extra info he gave was pretty cool. Will see what I can dig up on it. And Sanju mentioned one Maa Shakti show at the intro thread, her taste seems to match mine in other stuff so am curious about that one. In movies, just about every single one that starts with "Bhakt" something or "Sant" something is bound to be good, try them all 😆

I think I forgot to write Shree Ganesh 😆 But I've seen that too 😳 
And I'll let you know. I'll watch it sometime this weekend or next week, with Thanksgiving break and all 😊 I love customes too 😆 Esp. mytho ones, they're gorgeous ðŸ˜† 
Mandira Bedi sounds familiar, some filmy person right?
Thanks, wowzies, tons of cool info and shows, yay! 😊 I'll be hooked on a new mytho in no time 😃 Is that the same one as Mata ki Chowki?
Edited by LOLAnisha - 13 years ago
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i'll be the first to advertise ndtv imagine's meera... although depressing but it was damn good (meera's life was depressing so obviously theres not much u can do w/ that ) but the story was woven so beautifully..i love bhojraj's bit the b e s t!! i would die to have a husband like bhojraj!! ram is obviously god, but as a human, bhojraj had such idealistic characteristics of which you'd want in a husband..
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nopes, Mata Ki Chowki's hardly a mytho at all actually - it and the Devi show Saakshi Tanwar starred in a few years ago are of a different category, I don't even know what to call it - mytho fiction? - where they take a modern character in a modern setting and write a story about how God might intervene in their life... they always start out awesome and inspiring and empowering but end up turning into really sadistic saas bahu messes that'll make you less devoted instead of more. And like any soap they're mad addictive. Bad idea 😆

Have you seen Jai Bajrangbali with Dara Singh? It's really nice, one of my favs... here's that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeKDz9jQ1o

Also loved his Har Har Mahadev... best. song. ever.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qSdRUBtMc[/YOUTUBE]

Raja Harishchandra was great but sad as hell 😭 And of course, Gopal Krishna.
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
btw guys do u know Dhriti is now coming in Mata ki Chawki as Maa Durga and Krishna both
i'll post some pics
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
who played 'sugreeva' in Ramanand sagar's first ramayan?

Do he played some other roles in any other shows? What is he doing now?

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
There was a B. R. Chopra's Ramayan which cast the same guy who played Krishna in B. R. Chopra's Mahabharat (Nitish Baradwaj?) as Ram. It was nice in a some ways but as usual there are gaping holes. The only thing I found unnatural in that was Ram felt like Krishna - I am not criticising and its just my opinion. Also, the person who played Kaushalya in the NDTV Ramayan played one of Sita's sisters - Urmila or Mandvi - I forgot which one. Ram's brothers have done an excellent job. The one who plays Lord Shiva in NDTV Ramayan played Shathrugan here.

About Jai Hanuman (Sanjay Khan's, I think) - it was really good and brought into light many new stories unheard / unseen before. The thing about Jai Hanuman is that it was more of a drama than a serial.Yet, it was good and it focused mainly on Hanuman. The beauty is that they did not omit other stories just because the title was 'Jai Hanuman'.

All of these serials are available in DVDs/CDs. The episodes are available in youtube as well - not sure of B. R. Chopra's Ramayan, though.

By the way,  has anyone watched the newly released animation movie - 'Ramayan - The Epic'? I am waiting to see it - its trailer was too impressive.

Edited by Vibhishna - 13 years ago
.anishaa. thumbnail
^^ Thank you for replying, it was great reading it ðŸ˜Š I am also interested in watching Sanjay Khan's Jai Hanuman, glad to know you liked it 😃
And I haven't seen the Ramayan movie trailer yet...but thanks for the info!

Edited by LOLAnisha - 13 years ago
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I would recommend watching Jai Ganga Maiyya. Here's the first video, uploaded by sikanderhyut on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S5hTpBdCy4&feature=related It is a very old show, so you might not like it at first but give it a try.
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LOLAnisha

^^ Thank you for replying, it was great reading it ðŸ˜Š I am also interested in watching Sanjay Khan's Jai Hanuman, glad to know you liked it 😃

And I haven't seen the Ramayan movie trailer yet...but thanks for the info!

The trailers, promos and other videos can be found in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ramayana+the+epic+&aq=f

I hope you enjoy them as well.
Edited by Vibhishna - 13 years ago
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
the serial maa is also on youtube and vishwamitra is also a good serial. 

personally i would like 2 see mahabharat katha(the sequel of br chopra's mahabharat)