Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

komalSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
 Hi vista very nice thread  saw today itself so here  I m from Bihar and read and write english n Hindi Ican also speak Bhojpuri but not very fluent with it
emina thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This truely is unity in diversity.. I am basically from Mangalore in Karnataka.. Presently staying in Bangalore.. I can speak Kannada, Hindi, English. Like Sia said the advantage of staying in bangalore , i can also understand tamil and telugu.. And i totally love this UP lingo👍🏼. Started talking to my bro in this hindi and he thinks i have gone mad..
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

@Swati, Prash🤗thank you sweeties😊 

@jineejiggs (sorry don't know your name😳)....you are very welcome. Wow, trilingual😃 

@Hey Elle, welcome to the forum😃 So you lived in Kanpur? Very close to hamara Lucknow😉....strange na, how Hindi is spoken in so many dialects, each having certain expressions and lilts that are peculiar to them.

@Soan: Unity in diversity indeed😊😊 Wow, so many languages👏.......you prob don't feel too homesick in Chicago, given the huge Indian population there😊. Welcome to the forum.

@Sia, : You're welcome and so glad that you posted ......🤗...great strategy.......as a kid I used to think, like an ignorant north indian, that tamil, telegu, kannada, malayalam, tulu were more or less dialects of the same language......😆 Learned better when we visited South India😉 Great strategy!!

@Komal: welcome dear and you are hereby appointed the go to person when in doubt about BJ's dialogues,as you are from that region😉😆😆😆 So glad that you posted.

@Emina: you are welcome dear.....wow, you guys are awesome!!😊

-sia- thumbnail
Originally posted by: emina

This truely is unity in diversity.. I am basically from Mangalore in Karnataka.. Presently staying in Bangalore.. I can speak Kannada, Hindi, English. Like Sia said the advantage of staying in bangalore , i can also understand tamil and telugu.. And i totally love this UP lingo👍🏼. Started talking to my bro in this hindi and he thinks i have gone mad..

even i've started doing the same n this fortunately has started irking ma bro!! 😆  he feels i'm going all 🤪 🤪
emina thumbnail
Originally posted by: sia_ks

even i've started doing the same n this fortunately has started irking ma bro!! 😆  he feels i'm going all 🤪 🤪

I know.. He thinks i am going crazy over some guy and i protest saying he is not just some guy, He is the Devta, Gunahon ka Devta😍. After hearing this he is like "now i HAV to book a room for you in Nimans🤪I hope its not too late".. But sometimes he willingly speaks to me in UP lingo and even our simple conversation becomes really fun😆
NVBGKY thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great topic. Wow you guys speak so many languages. I was born and raised in the USA, so I am fluent in English, semi fluent in Spanish. I do understand Hindi & Gujarati, but I speak both very poorly. Makes me wish that I had paid attention when my Mom tried to teach us to read and write in Gujarati while growing up.
_nandini thumbnail
Its nice to know about all of u guys 😊 Thanx to Vista 👏

Am a Bengali, brought up in Delhi. Come from a Defence family so got a chance to spend some tym in various states of India. That helped me catch up wid languages like Gujrati, Oriya, Punjabi and Assamese.
Gaurishah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Vista for this wonderful thread. You guys speak so many languages.

I am from Mumbai can speak English, Hindi Gujarati and Marathi -a little can also understand theUP lingo to some extent but have to try really hard.

Nice to know all of you here in the forum.
Edited by Gaurishah - 13 years ago
-sia- thumbnail
Originally posted by: emina

I know.. He thinks i am going crazy over some guy and i protest saying he is not just some guy, He is the Devta, Gunahon ka Devta😍. After hearing this he is like "now i HAV to book a room for you in Nimans🤪I hope its not too late".. But sometimes he willingly speaks to me in UP lingo and even our simple conversation becomes really fun😆

exactly yaar...dat's wat my bro says too...he's lyk he's some guy n u girls are all 🤪to be crazy over him...n i reply back dat we are not silly but u are coz u don't understand who he is!!! nimans 😆 😆  wenever me n ma bro want to speak something secretive infront of mother...dat tym he willingly uses this lingo coz ma mum does'nt understand it!!! 😆  
tanisha997 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi guys i am tanisha i am in gwalior but live in bhopal mere chacha ke ghar and read write hindi english and bengali kyoki meri chachi bengali hai to unse seekh li aur abi mai marathi seekh rahi hu kyoki mere bahut se friends mumbai ke hai or muje marathi ni ati . and i am not understand whay they said😔