TAJ Interview on Mid-day

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:50pm | IP Logged

Kasautii's Indraneil's triple jump into film
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 9, 2005

Triple leap: Indraneil (Sikkandar) from Kasautii bags multiple films, but will remain part of the Kausatii team
Sikkandar who plays the 'rapchik' Indraneil – Komolika's  (Urvashi Dholakia) comic sidekick in Kasautii Zindagii Kay (Star Plus), has just recovered from an accident he had a few days ago at Film City.
"I was shooting at Film City for a Bhojpuri movie with Nagma, when it happened. I fell off my bike and hurt my shoulder and back. I have completely recovered now. In fact I had to report for a shoot the very next day."

The actor whose most popular role is of the goofy Indraneil, who tails Komolika and provides much needed comic relief to an other wise sedate show says, "I am the only comedian in the Balaji stable."

Apart from Kasautii the actor is also seen in a negative role on Zee's Tumhari Disha. Along with doing television, the actor has also grabbed some films offers."I am doing some interesting roles in these movies.

There's Partho Ghosh's Meri Life Mein Uski Wife, a romantic comedy Time Pass, Tarun Kumar's Love Ke Chakkar Mein and a Bhojpuri film with Nagma."

However, will Indraneil find a place in the post leap scenario on Kasautii ? "Of course, he is a very popular character, he will still be around. I recently shot for my entry in the leap.

Indraneil is very much single after the 20-year jump, and is shown praying at a temple in an attempt to find a life-partner.

My character though, doesn't have any grey hair. I have coloured it golden, so it's still a new look."

Indraneil in Kasautii shares maximum screen presence with the vampish Komolika Sikkandar, however insists that off screen both of them share a more amicable rapport than shown on screen. He says, "Most of my scenes are with her, and our timing is perfect.

In fact, I share a great rapport with Urvashi off screen I am constantly pulling her leg on the sets. She's an amazing person to work with."

Gearing up for a new show on Zee Smile, a comedy channel, he says, "The show is called 50-50, a comedy about two guys.

However my character is not as stupid as Indraneil." Sikkandar was last seen in Abbas-Mastan's Tarzan The WonderCar

nulz Senior Member
nulz
nulz

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 3:51am | IP Logged

thanx 4 sharing...does any 1 of u think this guy and zayed khan kinda look similar??

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!
ya the sort of do look similar Confused
vinuz Newbie
vinuz
vinuz

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
is sikkandar married 2 urvashiConfused ?
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top