Mythological Masti

Bhakti Lessons from MaharishiGarg (RS ShriKrishna) (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Very excited that I finally got a chance to revive this thread Dancing
Before I post the next scene, just wanted to reply to one point raised by Debi di... even though it was addressed to daau, I'm sure di won't mind Wink
Originally posted by Debipriya

We find the words- "'Karm likhe ko par kaat nahi paati hai" in ref to Sita Mata in 'Hum katha sunaate', what is the meaning of this line in ref to 'Independent Karma theory'?  Is it at all Big smile relevant here?
IMO it's perfectly relevant di, and the reply is given perfectly in the following scene from Lav Kush... in fact the essence of this scene perfectly mirrors Garg's advice to Lomharsh from that very first scene he discussed. The idea of knowing what's to come in the future, that it will be difficult and painful, and still rolling with it for the sake of duty. As Shri Ram says in this scene, she really wasn't "bound" by destiny - she did indeed have the power to change the course of events, karm ke lekh ko kaatna uske haath mein tha... but, see 4:20 onwards:

Edited by lola610 - 02 December 2011 at 3:37pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bhakti Lessons from MaharishiGarg (RS ShriKrishna) (Page 3)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Next scene, people... 12:10 into this vid, Akrur has the first of his two highly insightful meetings with Maharishi Garg. He's worried that Kans will harm VD because the hallowed 8th pregnancy is in session, but Garg tells him to rest assured because this one is well-equipped to take care of itself - as well as all around it, given that He's the caretaker of the whole world. Enjoy, discuss, enlighten!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:53am | IP Logged
@Lola

Yes. This next scene is very much the building up of my most favourite scene coming up years later. This scene gives us the indication already about Karm vs Gyan cum Bhakti related discussion topic and characterization of the characters of Garg and Akrur and the tuning between them. Somewhat strange though is that Garg muni's moral support to Akrur and assurance over here is a bit opposite to his own demonstrated approach in this context to a small extent thus far in the story. This scene comes before the naming ceremony and until naming ceremony, even sage himself was slightly, if not much, concerned about Krishna's safety and hence is serious about maintaining the confidentiality (Vaatsalya bhaav). He calls this out of great great humbleness, his ego later on after realizing the kid's powers and realizing that almighty can't be harmed a little even in his child form (Shraddha - Shaantbhaav gained). Despite being strange in consistency (self contradicting behaviour), it is very very understandable. While telling Akrur, he demonstrates his knowledge and faith and while feeling concern about Krishna's safety, he fulfills his best identified duty by his mind then until his mind itself realizes and is convinced (or perhaps he always had the knowledge deeply realized - not just the knowledge of intellect, but this time he got immense positive energy from Krishna like Devaki got for a while when he was in her womb). Perhaps the best explanation of why & how he could equally understand and agree to Akrur's arguments in the later scene. "Haan Akrurji. Ye bhi thik hi hai. Jo aap keh rahe ho."

And that description of look of mother earth as a shining planet from other planets is the proud feeling. A specialty of this scene to recall it everytime. Wonderful to imagine and seems very logical. Also the equal glory given to all the three powers incarnating together is nice and appreciable dialog writing.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 December 2011 at 11:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyalola610

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Edited the previous post - also some brackets added in paragraph addressed to Lola.

@Debipriya

I didn't realize you asked specific question to me in your post otherwise answer would have been immediate and spontaneous.Smile Chalo Lola did it on my behalf to ek hi baat ho gayee. Perhaps I just read your post now. I never saw it. That was posted on 1st April. I was out of touch from MM threads those days - Lakshman-Bharat discussion, Krishna as charioteer of Ram, SDB as Krishna in SK diary. Those discussions I have never been able to read in detail thus far. I could just see them on the surface. Possibly missed the time when you posted while the thread could stay on the first page.

Yes. Mata Sita could definitely have changed her destiny with her power. I have no doubt in my mind. But she didn't. Because that's why and how she came to the earth precisely with the purpose with the very same destiny planned and written.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 December 2011 at 11:19am

Debipriyalola610

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

... just wanted to reply to one point raised by Debi di... even though it was addressed to daau, I'm sure di won't mind Wink
Originally posted by Debipriya

We find the words- "'Karm likhe ko par kaat nahi paati hai" in ref to Sita Mata in 'Hum katha sunaate', what is the meaning of this line in ref to 'Independent Karma theory'?  Is it at all Big smile relevant here?

IMO it's perfectly relevant di, and the reply is given perfectly in the following scene from Lav Kush... in fact the essence of this scene perfectly mirrors Garg's advice to Lomharsh from that very first scene he discussed. The idea of knowing what's to come in the future, that it will be difficult and painful, and still rolling with it for the sake of duty. As Shri Ram says in this scene, she really wasn't "bound" by destiny - she did indeed have the power to change the course of events, karm ke lekh ko kaatna uske haath mein tha... but, see 4:20 onwards:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewC2F2zDfb[/YOUTUBE]

- Lola, yes, Loved the explanation! Star Such are the greateness of these characters!!! Star

Now regarding the new scene Smile- The main points are already covered by Shivang Star. So here I am just mentioning some of the dialogues by Garg, which I just LOOVE to watch again and again Star-

When he says ' "Ek ore Dhaaranhaar, ek ore Taaranhaar. Mai to un dono ki manohar kalpana me hi dooba rehta hoon" Day Dreaming

And while listening to these dialogues- Ek ore to Swayam Sarvashaktimaan, Devaki ki garbh me. Aur phir udar Unki do param shaktiyaan, Rohini aur Yashoda ki garbh me... Aaj tak kisi bhi kaal me kisi bhi lok me, aisi teen teen Mahashaktiyan eksaath avateerna nahi hui" Star- I always remember the line- 'Teeno hot sushobhit aise, teeno lok ek sang ho jaise' Star  from the song 'Aise bhakt kahan' 

Or,

The part mentioned by Shivang, "Aaj saari vishva me hamari dhara bhi vandaneeya ho gayi! Aaj doosri taaramandal  se yadi koi hamari dharti ko dekhe to usse hamari dharti ki charo ore ek divya aabha ki ghata dikhai deti hogi" Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

And at last when he says to Akrur- "Akrurji, Gokul ho aaiye. Unki darshan se mann, buddhi aur vaani- teeno pavitra ho jayega" Day Dreaming

- All these dialogues are delivered in such a way so as to generate the feeling of Awe, Beauty and Devotion in us!! Star Star

It is really sad  Unhappy  that still, we do not know the name of the actor, he has done really wonderful work in SK! Star Star

Edited by Debipriya - 11 January 2012 at 10:05pm

Urmila11ShivangBuchlola610

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 21 January 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Yayyy!!! As expected, both of you pointed out everything I would have wanted to extract from this particular scene.

The highlight for me is "woh to swayam hi is jagat ke rakshak hain! unki raksha kaun karega?" It is yet another comforting reminder of God's omniscience and protection.

Like Shivang bhaiya said, the scene also kicks off the karmyog-bhaktiyog debate that is continued between these same characters much later in the series. Akrur's point about "bhagwan ki shakti par bharosa karna, par akarmanya na ho jaana" is very valid and logical; perhaps because it originates from the Guru himself (he starts it off with "aap hi to kehte rehte hai")... and in the fewest words possible, Garg asserts that he's not negating that lesson, it is still valid in this case. Just that the karm Akrur wants to take on is not his responsibility, but God's. Not doing it wouldn't be akarmanyata, just minding his own business LOL The moving of women and children away from Mathura was feasible for him so doing so was within his karm, but trying to station a handful of friends around a prison with maximum security and expecting them to be able to protect its inhabitants from the guards was not. What is too big a job for our limited capabilities, we can happily leave to God, and He will take care of it just fine Smile

And of course, for devotional purposes the "taaranhaar-dhaaranhaar" line and the description of the earth while they are on it are truly golden. Couldn't describe them better than you guys already did. Ek hi confusion... baby showers are ladies-only events; Gargacharya apne shishya ko wahan bhejkar usse pitvaana chahte hai kya LOL j/k... I'm sure he had just as much fun in the separate room with Nand Baba watching those girls embarrass him - I definitely would have LOL

And daau, what you pointed out as a contradiction in Garg's protective instinct for Krishna that we see during the naming ceremony and this early display of faith was perfectly sorted out by you yourself. Par ek aur minor baat mere bheje mein aayi - in this scene, he is saying that he is not worried for Devaki and Vasudev, and the worry he experiences shortly after is for Baby Kanha. The former may be because of his awareness of Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah, or because of the miracles he recounted from when Baby Balram protected his parents from within the womb. He may have thought that God will do these chamatkaars to prepare for His appearance on earth, but once He Himself appears, He will do the same thing as Ram Avtaar and behave as an ordinary human child. Thus, after that child form was assumed and before Garg had a chance to behold it in all its glory, he may have thought that God as an ordinary human child was going to need some degree of secrecy and protection.

Edited by lola610 - 21 January 2012 at 9:02pm

DebipriyaShivangBuch

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 21 January 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Next scene! A short one, probably very limited scope for discussion so we'll move through it quickly... or maybe you guys will surprise me Wink

Summary: Vasudev goes to his Gurudev (sorry, had to say it that way 'cuz it rhymes :P) to find out about the existence of Baby Balram. Garg assures him that this is his own son who has escaped from Kans's clutches through a miraculous transfer, and that he didn't tell him sooner because he might spill the beans when he was interrogated by Kans.

23 and a half minutes into this:

DebipriyaShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Yaaay, we're quickly moving ahead to my favorite Garg scene, the one right after Swapnil's entry when Garg Maharshi tells Akrur about the importance of Krishna's prem leelas. Lol, guess we're not quite there yet, but almost!

This one's another one of my favorites, because we see firsthand Garg's insightness when he chose not to tell Vasudev about Balaram, because he knew Vasudev might spill the beans to Kans if questioned. Also, another reason I love this scene is because we get to see Vasudev's fatherly love being given importance. Like Shivang Anna mentioned in that other thread I created about a father's love, there is both a mother and father aspect in a parent, and for the first time we see Vasudev's mother aspect come to light as he expresses happiness and excitement for the safety of his child, feelings we often see in Devaki and Yashoda more than Nand and Vasudev.

DebipriyaShivangBuch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top