Mythological Masti

Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 31

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
He's on Vishnu Puran, too?!?  I'm going to have to check that out; I had no idea!  Yes, he's teaching at a school called Kreating Charakters.  Maybe in a few years we'll see some of his students performing equally wonderful roles on television!  I hope so.

Daksha in Om Namah Shivay was quite good.  That must be a really hard role to play! 

I've always wondered how they do it day after day...you know, the actors who perform the stubborn characters (like Daksha, Tarkasur, Indra), the folks who keep making the same mistakes over and over (pride, pride, more pride).  How do they not get terribly bored?  I can just imagine the new scripts coming out...

"So, am I doing anything new this week?  Rescuing children from a burning orphanage?  Planting a few trees?  Developing a higher moral sense?"
"Afraid not, Indra.  We've got you forgetting your duties and being driven out of Heaven by Demons again."
"What about me?"
"Daksha?  Haha!  No way!  You have to be a prideful jerk and alienate your family some more!! 
Oh, and Tarkasur, we're putting you in the show next week.  It'll be pretty simple, you just have to snarl a lot and insist that nothing could ever possibly defeat you.  Right up until the moment that a kid...you know...defeats you.  Alright, places everybody!"  :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ADMJCXNK97fanVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 8)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:37am | IP Logged
EXACTLY!!!!! couldn't put it better myself!!!!!so precise!!! HAHAHAHAHA exactly! lol
 when i was little i used to get a bit 'scared'.........but now i watch it laugh and wait for something interesting to happen LOL!!!!! hahaha so funny..........however i do manage to keep myself busy by studying the CGI, and special effects, backgrounds, wire techniques and all that stuff hahahahaha 

yep, he's on vishnu puran!!!! that makes 2 of my fav actors right there, so i don't need to go bouncing between 2 serials LOL!

Daksh was played by the guy who played yudhistir in mahabharat, i like him better as daksh....

i still don't believe how incredibly STUPID the devas can be!!!!!!! don't they get a hint???? there was a time when i finally figured that the demons have become SO much smarter!!! LOL they learn from their mistakes.........and well, the others always have to go running around to the tridevs hahaha lol

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged

I loveee watching Om Namah Shivay! It's my mother's favorite mytho show, we used to watch it together every Sunday. Big smile I really love the intro song and visuals, that Natraj shown with the flames always makes me feel this warmth from the inside whenever I watch it. It's amazing! Embarrassed

Samar Jai Singh is my most favorite Lord Shiva ever! (RS Ramayan's my second) He was perfect in this role! Heart

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
yes he was!!!! i LOVE that nataraj in the flame!!! and especially that song by Pandit Jasraj!!! it just becomes PERFECT!!!! i used to LOVE that show too!!..............and then when they replaced him i continued watching it only for the stories......otherwise it was great!!!! love it!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atominis

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
The Nataraj in the flame was such an amazing introduction to the show!  The first time I saw it, I thought, "Oooooo, this is going to be neat."

Samar had so many amazing moments in the role.  I actually got teary-eyed when he was talking "to" Sati after her death; it was so sweet and innocent, like she might actually come back if he just talked to her.  It was also phenomenal, the way he looked so perfect in the worship scenes.  It must be tough to look all stoic and Deva-like while people are throwing flowers at you and there's a live cobra around your neck...and he totally rocked it!

I had a funny moment regarding the Devatas about halfway through the series, because I realised the same thing you did: "Wow, they just go whine to either Brahma or Vishnu or Shiv anytime something goes wrong!  Over and over and OVER again!"  At one point I actually found myself scolding the screen, out loud.  "Oh, goodness GRACIOUS!  Why don't you try that 'prayer and penance' thing?  You know, that 'being religious and dutiful' thing that got you out of trouble LAST episode?  And every episode before THAT!?!  Stop interrupting penances and watching dancers and just be GOOD for five minutes, will you??"

And then I thought about myself.

And I thought, "And how many times have I taken my own advice?  How often have I sat down for meditation or said a prayer when things are going wrong?  Don't I sometimes whine or feel sorry for myself or watch TV to distract myself - like this show - instead of doing the right thing?  Wow.  If the Devgans are dumb...I'm dumb too."

(And speaking of Devatas, I love the fact that they kept getting new shiny things on their costumes as the series went on.  By the final episodes, Indra in particular was so weighted down with gold and jewellery that it must have taken three hours a day just to put everything on.  Hee!!)

atominis

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
right!!!! i LOVED the snake, and all his scenes.....i wondered how he managed the smoke, and those flowerrs hitting him etc.!!!! he was AWESOME!!!

funny how after a while both shiva and brahma where 'hiding' from the devas cuz they were so annoying with their cries.....seemed like only vishnu was keeping his cool and managed to help them!!! hahaha

just like what you'r saying about yourself & all that.....when i suddenly saw narad (finally) try to give the devas a hint i was like 'why don't i do that......at least i'll have SOME status to be able to 'point fingers'!!! HAHAHA now i try to do at LEAST japa, everyday during meditiation regardless......although i did miss a few days.....but.....at least i still do prayers and all that! lol hahahaha 

i also wonder that when the devas, who are UNDOUBTEDLY INFERIOR to the tridevs, they sit alll day & watch dancers, while the tridevs are either meditating or doing one of their assigned 'jobs' CAN''T THEY TAKE A HINT!!! LOL and it;s funny because, in some serials like ramayan, mahabharat etc, these devas afre shown so much wiser-lookng, majestic, or know a lot and are very important.....................................and then you watch these and you're like WHAT on EARTH???? (well heaven actually), looks like this was filmed when they were 'teenagers' and around ramayan & mahabharat they had  'grown up'!!! hahaha lol

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged

I made an Om Namah Shivay siggy...what do you guys think?

...PARiNA...

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
love it!!!! looks awesome!!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.