Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
right!!!! i LOVED the snake, and all his scenes.....i wondered how he managed the smoke, and those flowerrs hitting him etc.!!!! he was AWESOME!!!

funny how after a while both shiva and brahma where 'hiding' from the devas cuz they were so annoying with their cries.....seemed like only vishnu was keeping his cool and managed to help them!!! hahaha

just like what you'r saying about yourself & all that.....when i suddenly saw narad (finally) try to give the devas a hint i was like 'why don't i do that......at least i'll have SOME status to be able to 'point fingers'!!! HAHAHA now i try to do at LEAST japa, everyday during meditiation regardless......although i did miss a few days.....but.....at least i still do prayers and all that! lol hahahaha 

i also wonder that when the devas, who are UNDOUBTEDLY INFERIOR to the tridevs, they sit alll day & watch dancers, while the tridevs are either meditating or doing one of their assigned 'jobs' CAN''T THEY TAKE A HINT!!! LOL and it;s funny because, in some serials like ramayan, mahabharat etc, these devas afre shown so much wiser-lookng, majestic, or know a lot and are very important.....................................and then you watch these and you're like WHAT on EARTH???? (well heaven actually), looks like this was filmed when they were 'teenagers' and around ramayan & mahabharat they had  'grown up'!!! hahaha lol
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

I made an Om Namah Shivay siggy...what do you guys think?

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

Thank you Aditi!  ðŸ˜ƒ

Hmmm how do I explain how to make siggys? It's a process, easy for some hard for others and everyone has their own styles. The first thing is you have to do is get a good image editing software like Photoshop (which I use), Paint Shop Pro, GIMP etc. or you can use an online one like Pixlr (www.pixlr.com) and you go from there...

ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
oh ok yes gotcha!!! lol haha i was wondering if any 'special software' was needed........because i do  a lot of computer stuff, so it's usually easy for me to do those things :E lol i love graphics!
thanks!
Edited by ADMJCXNK97fan - 13 years ago
Indraneela thumbnail
I love the siggy!  So lovely!

ADMJCXNK97fan, I'm with you on trying to do at least japa every day, because I felt so stupid when I found myself yelling at the screen for stuff that I do. :P 

You mentioned that it was like the Devatas "grew up" by the time of Ramayan; I think it's the opposite, actually.  Om Namah Shivay relied heavily on the Puranas for source material, and in the Puranas, essentially all that Indra and the Devatas do is whine to Brahma, whine to Shiva, whine to Vishnu, until one of the Tridevs rescues them.  The Devatas have quite a bit more dignity and honour in the Ramayana.

Does anyone else find themselves influenced by character voices when it comes to devotional words or songs?  I seriously can't even hear the name Narayana without hearing Sandeep Mehta singing Narayana Narayana Narayanaaaaaa...Shriman Narayana Narayana Narayanaaaaa...Which, it's great that he played the part that well, but kind of annoying for me!
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
i know!!! i really liked his acting Narad--he did a great a job....but i can't even hear 'Narayn Narayan' with a straight face anymore! hahaha in the beggining (when i first heard it.....i think i was six)  it was REALLY annoying......and my dad explained to me why he wouold say that etc. and then i understood.....now i do understand......but sometimes it gets on my nerve...sort of.....but then i went and watched Vishnu puran like crazy, and the guy acting Narad was pretty nice too.....he was able to 'crack open' that 'narayan Narayan' shell from the other narad!! hahahaha

yes, in the mahabharat and ramayan, the Devas seem quite dignified, mature, wise etc., if i look at them here i'm like um......what went wrong here? Too much Soma?? LOL i was glad when brahma & shiva started hiding from them lol...& then in Vishnu Puran vishnu got furious at them hahaha those are my favorite moments.... so fresh!! hahahaha
but i think in these shows they portray the Tridevis rather 'weak' and pretty 'whiny' or delicate.....when i really don't think they're THAT soft! i mean yes gentle and motherly but not like THAT!!! i mean lakshmi in Vishnu Puran drove me crazy because she seemed so 'tender' and thanks to HER, Vishnu took interest in the devas again :( that' didn't work too well for me :( lol hahahaha jk but it's pretty interesting how they depict the Devi-s......
Indraneela thumbnail
Oh gosh, you think the Narayan! was bad in Om Namah Shivay...I know you said you weren't a Shree Ganesh fan, but find a YouTube clip with Narada from that show, watch it, and count the 'Narayan's in a single scene.  I don't know whether Narayan, Narayan! is written into the script or whether the actor can use it as he likes, but I really hope it's part of the script and not the actor's choice!  By episode 15 of Shree Ganesh, I was starting to call it "Sacred Tourette's."

I loved it in ONS when Brahma and Shiva both started hiding from the Devatas, too!  It made me laugh, every time, especially when they'd always show up looking so earnest and scared, and Shiv especially looked like he wanted to just taser them and be done with it.

My favourite Devata scene from ONS is when they're all in the clouds, running from some demon, and Narada appears.  He starts lecturing them, as usual, and then Indra starts yelling words like, "Oh, really, it's the 'law of nature,' Devarishi?  We get heaven for a while, then a demon throws us out, then we ask for help and get heaven back...and then that demon's brother, or son, or cousin, comes back and throws us out again!  What IS this 'law of nature'??"  I laughed and laughed, after exclaiming, "Hey, he just described the first 120 episodes of the show!"

I haven't seen Mahabharat or old Ramayana, and I've only seen a couple of clips from new Ramayana with Jay Patel (who's adorable as Indra).  I'll have to check some of them out; it would be nice to see the Devatas with a little more dignity!  (Though I don't think anyone could ever do better in the role of Devraj than Sanjay Swaraj...unless Indra comes to play the part himself!)

I agree with you, I don't like it when the Devis are showed as weak.  (They're stronger in Shree Ganesh than I've seen in other shows, but that sometimes goes too far; Parvati makes Narada cry in one episode!)  It's like, they think that applying lots of black eyeliner and putting the actress on a lion makes her "fierce," but don't give her much to do or say except looking wide-eyed at the camera!  Saraswati, especially, doesn't get enough to do; she kind of spends entire shows just sitting there.

I need to track down Vishnu Puran...I want to see of more Samar as Shiv, and Vishnu getting mad!  Hahahaha!
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
YESS!!!!!!!!!! i was SOOOOOO ecstatic when indra mentioned his ENTIRE role in the entire show!! HAHAHA that was the BEST!!!!! lol

there was also an incidence when indra did something really awful (big surprise) and he had to do penance for it.....i got SO disappointed when Parvati/Shiva (i forgot who he had to seek forgiveness from) came and elieved him.....i was like WHYYYY???? we had a got thing going on here!! HAAHAHAHAHAHA sorry lol haha it was just wierd....he didn't even seem to do much.....i mean as a deva, being immoortal, he should be praying for a YUGA or so!!!! lol
And when the devs came to beg for help when those 3 sons of tarak came and their prayers to Shiv rocked the universe (haha), and shiva was like 'so?' when the devs said they'll conquer Swarglok.....he was pretty cool with it!! LOL and then indra HAD 2 ruin them! i mean it was going so well, and then NARAD had 2 get that idiot who ruined their practice to shiva......i was so fuming!!!!! i mean those guys were awesome!!! i don't think the devas could even DREAM of such powerful practice!!!!the first thing they do is send apsaras HAHAHA it was hilarious when the guards threw them out hahahaha (i know i'm pretty mean when it comes to the devas.....but i can't help it!! haha they're so......dumb!!!lol typical insecure weakling behaviour!LOL sorry Devraj)

Oh my god, i really HATED (sorry that's a strong word) Shri Ganesh....that Narad drove me NUTS!!!! ( and parvati looked so fragile.....i didn't even watch the rest....just a few eps lol) that's why i got so fed up of 'narayan narayan' which is why my dad had to give some explanation.........but i was SOOOO relieved when i saw different, much BETTER Narads in different serials!!! i don't even need to search it up i remember how awful it was! lol hahaha

YES!!! Parvati with tons and tons of black eyeliner sitting there eyeballing the camera....oooooooooooooooooooo very scary!! i'm about to drop dead because that is the most terrifying thing i've ever seen......................NOT i mean come on! is that the BEST she could do??? when bhasmasur was saying she's prettier when she gets angry i didn't blame him....i mean staring down the camera with a lot of makeup.........yeeeaaa.........not quite my idea of angry/scary......and they made her look so helpless......as well as the other devis......not cool....hahaha although i'm glad they atleast projected the idea that any of the devs did NOT create her.....shakti was already there just waiting to come at the opportune moment.....I think the actress playing Saraswati did a much better job as Kayadu, Prahlads mom in Vishnu puran, i think the role just suited her better....
i think you can find Vishnu puran on youtube!

The actor playing Indra did a good job because everytime i saw him get into trouble i was like HA because Indra annoyed me so much.....but Indra in Vishnu Puran is pretty annoying too!!!! ONS and VP 'exchange' a lot of actors, well, Samar as Shiv is there, the woman playing Sachi is there as Parvati, Yashodan came as prahlad (which really ANNOYED me....well i was more like Ha, welcome to the best TV show-set ever......complete with the best Shiva and the best Vishnu!!! HAHAHA he really suits Kamdev much more) 
Indraneela thumbnail
I'll respond to comments about everybody in turn. :)

The three sons of Tarkasur:  Were AWESOME.  I loved their acting, their costumes, their powerful penance, every detail was good.  The song Rudra Rudra that they sang during their Shiv worship was excellent; it's bookmarked on my YouTube account.  It was so annoying when they died stupidly!

Vishnu Puran:  I looked up clips on YouTube, but I don't speak Hindi and need English subtitles to fully understand what's happening.  I may try to buy the series at some point; it'd be worth it for Samar Jai Singh alone.  I watched some of the clips, though, and WOW.  He's even more regal, majestic, and beautiful as Shiv in this series than in ONS, and I didn't think that was possible!!  Also, I like the young man playing Narada, he looks pure and serene.  I think Vishnu is a good actor, but his hair!  Why is his hair a giant poof?!?!  Why does it look like that???  I'll enjoy the series if I can get over his hair and Lakshmi's whining, I think!

Yashodhan:  I didn't realise, until reading this thread, that he'd played Kamdev in ONS.  I went back and watched the episode, and he looks like he's twelve years old!  I barely recognised him!  I can't picture him playing Prahlad, though...isn't he too old for the role?  Wasn't Prahlad a child?

As a newbie I can't post links to the forum yet, but if you want a good laugh at both Yashodhan and Indra, find "Om Namah Shivay 12.15" on YouTube and watch from 2:09 to 6:20.  Hahaha!  Samar would have made that scene terrifying, but the first time I saw this scene with Yashodhan, I howled with laughter.  It's not really his fault - his whole look is odd and doesn't work for him - but the hair!  The mustache!  The way both Indra and Brihaspati look like they're trying not to crack up laughing when they first see him!  Too good.

Indra:  You're right, he should have done penance for at least a Yuga, but then he wouldn't have been in many episodes, and I would have been sad. :D  I love how Narada is always scolding him for impious, lustful actions, most of which we never see.  When Ahalya appeared, I thought, "Oh, how are they going to handle this story??"  So Indra reaches out a single finger to touch her shoulder, and immediately she opens her eyes from meditation and starts yelling at him.  Oh, the LUST!  The HORROR!  And he starts begging forgiveness for the unforgivable act of almost-touching her shoulder!  Hahahaha!

Narada:  I got curious about my own challenge, so tonight I watched disk 8 of Shree Ganesh and counted.  Out of three hours, Narada had 13 minutes of dialogue, and said Narayan 76 times (or, Narayan, Narayan! 38 times)...so, once every 12 seconds!!!  What...why?!?!  See, in ONS they gave Narada good lines and lots of neat stuff to do, but in SG...as my friend said, "Narayan, Narayan!  I wish the writers could think of more things for me to say!"  It's a shame.  I adore the actor; I wrote in a prior post that he was marvelous as ONS Indra; I loved him in SG despite the horrific writing for his role.

I keep wondering why, in all of the serials, Narada chants constantly, even when Vishnu's in the scene.  Just once, I want to see Vishnu glare at him and say, "Oh my Me, Narada, stop that!  I'm right here!  You don't need to chant My name when I'm standing right in front of you!"

Devis:  I was racking my brain to think of a Devi in the series that was strong, confident, and didn't get angry by applying more eye makeup, and finally I remembered - Sati!  Manjeet Kullar was so brilliant as Sati!  She brought so much warmth and vivaciousness to the role, and when she did defer to Shiva, you could tell it wasn't because she didn't have a strong will of her own, but because she loved and respected him so much that his will and happiness were her highest aim.  It was truly beautiful.  I was so sad when she died.  But boy, when she yelled at Daksha, she really yelled at Daksha!!

Okay, I'll stop rambling now.  For this post, anyway. :)
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
haha i'm SO happy to see this post!!! lol
Tarak's sons---YES!!! i LOVE that song especially i copied it down and i sing it sometimes......or at least i try....hahaha
i was so ENRAGED when they kiled them off :( but shiva did look awesome!!!! :) hehehe lol but i loved them!!! especially when shiva was pretty cool with them taking over heaven and throwing the devs out.....he was like 'whatever' (not really... because he said 'so?'....niot whatever lol) i loved it but the devas can be so creepily evil so they hired narad to get that crazy guy to disrupt their performance :( oh well.......i just wish they would have taken a HINT and prayed too.....anyway......to the next topic/s

yes.....Vishnu (Nitish Bharadwaj)' hair.......ummm...yeeeaa....that drove me nuts.....but it's better than what they gave him as Ram at the end....now THAT was HORRIFIC!!! but i really don't get why they have to give him that kind of hair....it looks so messy and poofy and disturbing!!!!!LOL and yes lakshmi drove me nuts with her whining....thanks to her Vishnu gave compassion to the devas :( lol haha but i was glad when Parshuram avatar  came, because she showed a little more 'dignity' (?--sorry can't find the right word!!!) actually i was watching vishnu puran since i was little because my dad bought the series, and we watch in english subtitles......but when i watch it on youtube i try to combine the hindi i know, and try to get the gist of what they're saying......usually works because i used to watch mahabharat and the subtitles were so out of sync,  that i had to use my own knowledge of hindi to connect them together....anyway....

Yahosan--i thought he was unfit for both prahlad and Shiva....he makes them look like very egoistic people!!!! haha he played prahlad as a grown king/emporor.....but the kid who played prahlad was cute! lol i liked him......i could actually HEAR him SPEAK!!! not some random kid mumbling his lines......lol but even as a righteous king Yashodan seems to have portrayed him so 'egoistic'
And when he does shiva......it looks like he's trying to make sure the whole world hears him because he's so important....i mean yes he is...but seriously? i have some stuff to do.....while you try to yell and lecture the world with or two sentences that we already got from the vedas....or from the other shiva...hahaha he looks like he's trying to convert you into something ....sort of....but he just doesn't fit right............and he can't even dance well!!!!!! loool

i know EXACTLY what scene you're talking about!!!!! i laughed SO hard when i saw it.....even my dad couldn't control me!!!! LOL!!! hahaha i remember it so well because it highlighted how hilarious he made shiva look :( ....fortunately a rash indra was able to 'cover up' how hilarious he made that scene!! HAHAHAAHAHA

Narad-- i KNOW!!!! it was umm........interesting.....that's why when i frist heard of narad (which was shri ganesh) i didn't care for him because he drove me NUTS i meany WHY??? could they not find good dialogue?????
haha sometimes i wonder why narad has to keep chanting.....and like you said when he's right in front of him!!!! lol i often wondered how Vishnu manages to handle that because like ALL THE TIME 24/7 he chanting Narayan Narayan.....does he not get tired even a bit? but then he's a god...he probably has a good tolerance level! LOL

YESS! i was about to say Sati in the last post.....but somehow i forgot.....i LOVED Sati!!!!! Manjeet Kullar portrayed her so motherly, warm, and powerful...i mean she didn't look like 'wimpy' or as 'tender' as Parvati looked!! lol i mean she was POWER!!! i loved when she raged over the Daksh at the yagna, perfect and satisfying for me!!!! lol hehehe i loved it!!! unfortunately they only had her for like 3 or 4 episodes....or something like that!!!!! lol and she was so beautiful in that role too!!!!that sati was AMZING!!! i loved it!! now i can really understand why shiva would go berserk after she killed herself!!!! lol hahaha