Mythological Masti

Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 23)

Post Reply New Post

Page 23 of 31

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 18 June 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged

Awww, that's right, I keep forgetting they're not online anymore!  Well, if you can wait a little while longer - til I finish the series and the Canada Post strike ends (!) - and if you don't mind receiving mail from a random Canadian, I can send you my disks.

Hanuman just got struck down for taking a mouthful of sun.  With styrofoam verteb--erm, I mean, Vajra.  The monkey-face prosthetics here look very hastily applied; you can see lines and wrinkles all along the parts where they join to the face.  And Shiv is mad, which at this point means he's glaring at the camera very, very wide-eyed. :P

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 23)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 18 June 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
what?!?!? shiva stole the goddesses' job?!?!? they're not going to be thrilled about that, hmm but who knows maybe Durga may even lend him her eyeliner of doom! hahahahaha

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 18 June 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
If I wore eyeliner anymore, I'd totally label it Eyeliner of Doom.  I might have to start again, just to get a giggle out of it every day...

And now, the bad news.

Creepy Vishnu from Shree Ganesh?

Shri Ram in Om Namah Shivay.

Ravana/Indrajit conquering Heaven was absolutely epic and awesome.  This casting...not so much. :P

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged
oh NOOO! that is SO NOT GOOD, that guy can't even pull of a good vishnu, and now he's playing ram?!?!?!? OMG *shudders*

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Rama had exactly one scene!  The entire Ramayana was done in less than one disk, most of it narrated by Omkara, and now the Mahabharata is going even faster...

However.  Mid-disk 41:

Samar is back.
Samar Is Back.
SAMAR IS BACK YAAAY!

And as if that wasn't great enough, Nimai Bali is back one more time.  As Duryodhana.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aradhana87

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indraneela

Rama had exactly one scene!  The entire Ramayana was done in less than one disk, most of it narrated by Omkara, and now the Mahabharata is going even faster...

However.  Mid-disk 41:

Samar is back.
Samar Is Back.
SAMAR IS BACK YAAAY!

And as if that wasn't great enough, Nimai Bali is back one more time.  As Duryodhana.
Yes Samar is back but surprisingly Gayatri is absent. I also like that they have cast Gufi Paintal as Shakuni again. I think this "Mahabharat"cast is much like Sanjay Khans mahabharat cast.

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged
i know! i once jumped ahead, i saw Samar, but gayatri wasn't there...oh well :/ YESS i recognized shakuni! and duryodhan...i think Bali was good as duryodhan...but then i didn't see mcuh of it anyway...soo...but i think shiva's hair looks too 'flat' this time :( they really messed up the good outfit they had going in the beggining...

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Bali is good at everything.  Really hoping to see him play Ravana in the new serial soon!

Yes, Gayatri was gone since disk...40, I think?  I kept hoping she'd be there, but no such luck.  Such a shame to finally have Samar back, but without her!  I loved them working - and dancing! - together in the early episodes of the series. 

Despite the flat hair - I agree! - Samar nonetheless finished off the series beautifully.  Watching him, I can understand how the Shivgans just stand there and worship Shiv all day.  His Shiv is so calm and wise, I smile just listening to him talk, regardless of what he's saying - and what he was saying in the final episodes was lovely. 

Such is his extraordinary talent that at one point, they had him in a fuchsia tie-dye outfit, fighting with an "axe" that looked like it was made of cardboard and bamboo - and it was one of the fiercest, quickest, most amazing fight scenes I have EVER seen on the show.

They really went all-out for the series end/disk 42 - sparkles and firebursts and fires and more sparkles and what looked like an actual explosion at one point, and the casting was just amazing.  Yudhisthira was perfect, the other Pandavas and Draupadi were also excellent, and Arjuna was a lovely mix of wide-eyed happiness and stubborn resolve.  One of the most wonderful devotional scenes ever, when Indra initiates Arjuna into Shiv's mantra.  And while I didn't like the appearance of the actor they cast as Krishna - or his green-and-orange costume - there was a sort of eye-darting impishness to him that seemed right for the part.

It was all a really fine - if rushed - ending to an extraordinary serial. :)

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.