Mythological Masti

Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 22)

Post Reply New Post

Page 22 of 30

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
oh YESSS i would LOOOVE to see a gag reel from the actors!!!! hahaha that is so spot on...awesome!!!! usually i like to pick up from gag reels how the actors really are, so i was wondering maybe Yashodan guy is actually interesting? haha who knows! 

i love outtakes! i hate when they're not included in any cuts or something like that (some of my favorite american shows i had to HUNT down the outtakes--and they're not even much!oh well that was like a decade and 1/2 ago lol). i'm sure the mytho series outtakes would be the BEST hahaha! ONS seems to be such a hard serial mentioned anywhere! :( oh well.

Narad in a bright yellow sari, i would've loved to see that! HAHAHA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay (Page 22)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Up to disk 34, and Nimai Bali is back!  I thought he only played Jalandhar in the earlier episodes, but here he is as Shani!  Yay!  I'm going to edit the ONS Wikipedia page again and then enjoy.  I hope he's on for a while instead of just a momentary appearance!

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
yess!!!!!!! i remember  a while back a snuk ahead and i saw shani dec and i was like IS THIS GUY EVERYWHERE?!?!?!?!? hahahahaha as a matter of fact, i was watching the new ramayan or at least the first half which i left off haha (i skipped about half of it just to see the luv -kush part onwards hahaha) and well, their ravan OMG i wanna kill him IMMEDIATELY i love Nimai Bali as ravan SOOO much better! omg this guy is really insulting to ravan, at least nimai bali's ravan showed at least a little brain, out off all that he has...oh well enough of that...

he's a good actor! Tongue

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 09 June 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
I meant to tell you before - if you want to see how people really are, some of the folks from ONS are on Facebook.  Just sayin'. :D

Yay more Nimai Bali!  I'm on disk 35, so there will be more parts with Shani soon!  Some quick observations from other disks/episodes before I get back to watching:

-I always loved the story of Markandeya, and wow, they did a beautiful job, even though the child was too young (Markandeya was supposed to die at age sixteen).  The boy performed so well, and the story was so wonderful!  The song "Jeevan kya hai" was perfection.  (And Markandeya's dad, played Kashyap in Shree Ganesh.  One day I'll have to make a list of all of the people who went from this series to the next, I swear.)

-Man, Indra cannot win.  Everybody spent the first half of the series yelling "Grow a spine and defend Heaven, Devraj!" and finally on disk 32 he goes, "Fine, we're not leaving Heaven even though we're powerless; we're going to fight!" and it becomes "Stop fighting useless battles, and leave Heaven, Devraj!"  I think Narada and Brihaspati are just messing with him at this point.  I bet they didn't go to remind people on Earth of religion; they left to exchange high-fives and share a good laugh.

-Amarnath cave was pretty cool, how Shiv turned into an ice-lingam while imparting Brahmagyan.  Dang, Yashodhan has been Shiv for a really long time now...I'm liking him better but I still miss Samar.
"He Yashodan" was not a very good song when it appeared early on in the series.  They definitely didn't need to re-use the melody here at Amarnath...

-YAY EPISODES WITH MAHISHASUR!  I didn't like the actor who played the demon that much, but the scene where the messenger goes to Heaven is awesome.  Indra is mad, and he looks like he's trying to taser the guy with his corneas.  I LOL'd.  (And it's where I got my icon from, haha!)
Vajra is very stupid.  Every time Indra picks up that styrofoam backbone, I giggle.  It looks like a giant squeaky dog toy.
Yay Devi getting to do more awesome stuff!

-Sangya is very, very annoying.  I am tired of listening to her whine about how vigorous Surya is and how she's going to be devoured by his excessive vigorosity.  I'm kind of hoping he DOES burn her to death or whatever, just so she'll stop whining.

However, here's Vishnu to answer her prayers, and hopefully his lovely smile and equally lovely acting will make her finally shut up.  Back to the show!

Edited by Indraneela - 09 June 2011 at 10:47pm

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
YES!!!! i saw Samar Jai Singh on FB he heads some kind of accting school...

OH YESSS i could go on and on with the people who went from ONS to vishnu puran, to some ramayan to shree ganesh, to some other little tv serial wannabe to something else oh they are SO many places!!!! it would be awesome to count them all (beside yashodan as indrajeet in some ramayan was hilarious)

i know what you mean  i started not minding yashodann and when i realized that i was like OMG HOW COULD I????? then i watched the first few episodes to get back into that Samar-missing-as-Shiva mode hahahahaha

When narad and Brihaspati gavve up on the devas and then went to earth i thought that was awesome When Narad yells at them i just love it! hahaha

I loved the mahishasur part, of course the Devi part doesn't mean much to me anymore because she just sits on her lion and they repeat shots of her shooting arrows, and then throwing other things too...while mostly making very good use of her eyeliner of doom! but i did like the Kali tandav at the end that was nice...and she stomped on Shiva HAHAHAHAHA lolROFL

oh did i mention? Vishnu from ONS played Shiva on the new ramayan, i gotta say he wasn't GREAT but he was funny! haha pretty cool tho Tongue

indra's vajra looks so hilarious,hahaha i never understood exactly how that could've been deadlly HAHAHA! although i love when his vajra fails and then then indra gets ticked hee hee hee and then he runs to someone to save him and yadda yadda same old same old LOL

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 14 June 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Finished disk 36 and am part-way through disk 37.  Some more observations as I continue to watch:

I just don't like the actor who plays Shukracharya, in that particular part.  (He's Brihaspati in Shree Ganesh and does a lot better in the "good guy" role.)

Well-done, Shiv, in trying to make peace between demons and Devas!  I HOWLED laughing when Shiv explained, basically, "Well, see, Narada, the Devas won't be able to come whine to me anymore, because they'll remember that I tried to give them peace, and it was their own fault for not taking it."  BRILLIANT!

Bali-as-Shani was AWESOME.  Now Ravana's showing up and GOOD GRACIOUS WHYYY did they not cast Nimai as Ravana in THIS serial?!?!  Though I think this Ravana looks pretty cool so far - aside from his hair, which is a big curly poof that makes me laugh. :P

Kacha (Brihaspati's son) annoyed me, as did both Jayant and Jayanti.  I don't know why, but I didn't like any of them!  Devyani (Jayanti's daughter) was a pretty good actress, but it was like she was trying not to let her acting get in the way of her beauty.  She'd go to have a strong reaction, like anger or grief, but then she'd stop and carefully compose her face so that it stayed as pretty as possible.

I LOVED the plan of Brihaspati impersonating Shukracharya - effective, yet not immoral!  Watching the demons take their oath of non-violence, it was nice, except you just knew they were going to go back on it - and sure enough, they did!

Okay.  The entire Kacha story makes no. darn. sense to me.  Someone please help me figure out what the heck was going on with that.

Why did the Devatas need the Sanjeevani mantra at all?  For that matter, HOW CAN THEY DIE during demon-battles?  Did we not establish at the very beginning of this series that they drank Amrita at Samudra Manthan, and thus BECAME IMMORTAL?  Or did some of them drink the off-brand imitation amrita, and become only sort of immortal? :P

Why did they make Indra basically a demonic villain in the whole thing?  In the original tale, he never bullied Kacha or Brihaspati, he didn't command Kacha to go to Shukracharya, didn't try to prevent Kacha from using Sanjeevani mantra to bring Shukracharya back, certainly never pulled a weapon on Kacha or threatened him!  I was actually pretty angry about his role in this tale; there's a line between 'creative license' and 'religious disrespect' that got crossed when they started inventing terrible deeds for the King of Devas. :/

And why did they change Devyani's curse, so that instead of her actual words, along the lines of, "you won't be able to use this knowledge," she tells Kacha "you won't remember this knowledge"?  In the original story he just goes to Heaven and teaches his knowledge to others so that they can use it - but here, it looks like he just forgets the mantra altogether and thus, makes the whole tale pointless. :P

Man, what a mess that whole storyline was, fantastic performances but bad writing!  I remember looking at the screen at one point - I think when Indra was yelling at Kacha - and saying, "That is some really beautiful acting there, man...but what the heck are you doing, and why, and who wrote this??!" :P

Indraneela

Indraneela

Posted: 18 June 2011 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Disk 38 now.

And holy cow, literally!  The two sons of Kartavirya - one of whom is the same actor as PARVAT, ugh, I recognise his annoying voice - are about to try and stab Kamdhenu with spears.  Hahahahadummies.

Kaikesi is a very good actress, and by that, I mean, her character is extremely cruel, nagging, and rotten.  Every time she shrieks at her husband, I just want to smack her.  I giggled when her penance was broken, and even with the Devatas hovering right there over her, she was still screaming at her husband that it was all HIS fault!

Hahaha, and now the cow is beating everybody up.  I want to know who did the fight choreography for THOSE scenes.

Not only is Parashuram a good actor, but his pale green eyes glitter eerily every time he declares that he's going to do something.  Scary!  Also liking Ravana and Mandodari, both quite good in their roles.

I really wish Samar had played Shiv for the first confrontation with Ravana...when Shiv's just standing there, barely exerting any effort, fighting with Ravana like it's nothing?  That would have been outstanding.

Back to the cow-whuppins!

ADMJCXNK97fan

ADMJCXNK97fan

Posted: 18 June 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
YES that's is one of the parts i actaully DID see the ravan shiva fight i was SOOO wishing samar was there, because yashodan looked more like he was trying to show of his hair...i haven't seen the rest... i hope someone can upload it again, i can pick up where i left off! hahaha

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.