Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
This thread is for discussions related to Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay... your favorite scenes, songs, and characters; any doubts you'd like to share or topics from the show that you'd like to delve deeper into, and... yeah, that's it LOL

Lemme begin Dancing

Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay is one of the only late 90s mythos I really enjoyed mostly because the stories were so new to me when I saw it... it's been a long time since I saw it fully, I was 9-10 when it was on, but one group of episodes had a huge impact on me and never left my mind (other than Shivji-Pavati Maa vivaah Dancing)... that was the coverage of the Daksh-Shiv-Sati story. I'll admit, when I was little it used to scare me... Veerbhadra looked so terrifying, and I wondered what could possibly make God angry enough to unleash him. But now, having read the story in the Bhagavat Puraan and seen so much depth and meaning in it, I rewatched the epi and found it enlightening instead. Using Dheeraj Kumar's portrayal of it in Om Namah Shivay as a point of reference, I'd like those of us who've seen it/are interested in it to get together and get out of it whatever lessons we can since it's one of those stories that often gets misunderstood and leads to all kinds of strange and really wrong conclusions about Bhagwan Shiv and Devi Sati.

Edited by lola610 - 13 November 2010 at 10:20am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

kuchikisanyogita1639Debipriya.DESAI.No2Pencil...PARiNA...radtatominisVishakha_Sakhi.Subha...RamKiJanaki..-Araina-

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Here are some clips to refresh your memory:

Great dialogues on Shivji's reasoning in this one:

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11.DESAI....PARiNA...atominisVishakha_Sakhi

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
hey lola....thanx a bunch for this thread...thanx a tonn hun...
i rly luv dis show....yeah agree with you....stories of this show were very gud...alos new stories were shown...
my fav was.... in every scene they had continuous bg music....aaaaaa.....he he...
shiva n paravti, vishnu n lakshmi, brahma n saraswati....they all were perfect with their roles......they all did an awesome job...r8 nw this show is airing on * Utsav at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM...n currently SHUMBH-NISHUMBH story is on air......when parvati ji has been effected with the poision of Andhakasur n her color has become dark....

bt seriously as shiva said...she is looking very pretty as usual....dark color didn't effect her beauty....nw Parvati ji is doing Tapsaya to get her beauty back.....n lord shiva is in mandrachal.....

Edited by akki-rockstar - 11 November 2010 at 10:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
hey u know what in this serial...two guys played role of Shiva...he he...
bt both were amazing...

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/m24jbN6caeI/0.jpg

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/PN1MnNp0dWc/0.jpg

u know in ONS..my fav scene ever.....it was when parvati ji comes to kailash n shiva is in his smaadhi..n she prays to him....awww.....every time white flowers were there in her plate....he he....

i'll post some pix n VDOs of ONS soon....

n thank u once again for this thread...i'll give u a banner for this thread....n also some info...so dat u can edit ur first post...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sanyogita1639Debipriya...PARiNA...

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
http://www.tribuneindia.com/1999/99aug01/sunday/16tt14.jpg

@^ this is my fav pic...

sanyogita1639nightarchangelDebipriya

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
VDO of the title track of d show...
best vdo ever....

Edited by akki-rockstar - 11 November 2010 at 10:31pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya_Devna_atominisVishakha_SakhiNikki_Titli

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:39pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sanyogita1639nightarchangelDebipriyaatominisVishakha_Sakhi

itsokaysammy IF-Sizzlerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Om Namah Shivay on DVD

Creative Eye Limited Presentation, a Namah Shivay Enterprises venture Om Namah Shivay produced by Zuby Kochhar, Directed by Dheeraj Kumar have planned to release DVD of this mega mythological on 3rd August, 2003. MIDBANNER

A specially designed Website www.omnamahshivay.com created by M/s. Madhu Entertainment & Media Pvt.Ltd. was launched on Monday, 14th July, 2003, the first Shravan of the month being the most auspicious day. The Website contains all the relevant details about the program Om Namah Shivay.

M/s. Madhu Entertainment & Media Pvt. Ltd., Overseas Distributors of the said serial are releasing the DVDs in two parts in USA,Canada and West Indies. Part one shall consist of 21 volumes containing five episodes in each volume.

DVDs have all interactive menus such as scene menu, song menu, synopsis, cast and crew, curtain raiser etc., DVD sets

are in four languages i.e. Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. DVD sets are also sub-titled in English.

Part two of the said serial consisting of another 21 volumes containing five episodes in each volume i.e. episode 108 to 208 shall be released on 15th September, 2003.

sanyogita1639DebipriyaVishakha_Sakhi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index