Gurmeet Choudhary as Lord Ram

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

hiiii friends !!!😃

I have opened this thread to discuss Guru bhaiyya's acting as Shri Ramji!😍  Just a feq questions for u.

What do you think were his best scenes?

What do you think were his worst scenes?

How do you think he could have done better as Ramji?😳

Do you think his dialogue delivery was good?

Do you think he was well chosen for the role?

Plsss be honest!😉😉 And please only discuss Guru bhaiyya in this thread, no comparisons with other actors plsss.😛

Oh, Gurmeet was the best Rama I've ever seen.

1. Best  scenes - his battles, as well as his moments w/ Sita in the forest

2. Worst scenes - his agonizing over Sita's exile, and looking like an indecisive wreck

3. In the Uttar Ramayan part of it, had they shown the original Valmiki and had him play that role, he'd have depicted Rama better.  Seeing Sita order him to exile her was too much to digest.

4 & 5.  Absolutely
Nice thread, Mina.😉

What do you think were his best scenes? The scenes which required action were definitely Gurmeet's best. He did better when he had to move around in quick motions like the war and battle scenes. He was also good in the God/devotee scenes, like Ahilya Udhaar, Shabari, Guha, Hanuman, etc. The Ram-Sita sweet scenes were also good.

What do you think were his worst scenes? There was room for improvement in those scenes in which he had to act emotional, like in missing Sita, Lakshman, mourning Dashrath, etc. He was okay, but sometimes his expressions seemed forced when he attempted to cry.

How do you think he could have done better as Ramji?😳 Create more of that softness in his expression. Though Gurmeet was good as Ram, and though he had that divinity in his face, he lacked the softness and serenity which we associate with Ramji. If you take a look at paintings of Ramji, there is a certain softness and delicacy in the face of Lord Ram that the painters incorporate, and in the beginning episodes of Ramayan, Gurmeet totally lacked that. He improved later on, especially during the Uttar Kand episodes, but there was still room for improvement. And not only the softness, his dialogue delivery, while good, lacked the gambheer and command of Ramji's tone of voice which is described in the scriptures.

Do you think his dialogue delivery was good? Lols, guess I just answered that in the previous one.😆😆 Overall his dialogues delivery was good, but like I said, in the scenes which required Ramji to be commanding, like the war scenes, his dialogue delivery was not commanding enough. His tone of voice was not powerful enough when talking to rakshasas like Ravan, Indrajit, etc. Ramji, while being a soft and serene person, was also supposed to be like a leader, and though Guru exhibited that in his acting, he did not in his dialogue delivery.

Do you think he was well chosen for the role?  Overall yes. Especially when we take into consideration the other actors of Ramayan, he did rather well.👏 And I also think he is one of the best mytho actors of the new generation, because unlike many mytho actors of today's generation, he was able to portray his role well without it seeming forced. 
Share your inputs with us now, Mina.😉
Originally posted by ILuvGuruDebi

I have opened this thread to discuss Guru bhaiyya's acting as Shri Ramji!😍  Just a feq questions for u.

I loved him in the Syayambar.... It felt so touching... and even in the Pushpa Vatika.
My all time fav scene was however his confrontation with her mother about why he let Sita ji go to the forests and his delimna as to how he was bound by raj dharma and not able to explain that Sita Ji decided to leave herself to avoid any conflict with his duties as a KING.

I liked ALL!😳

I found him Nearly PERFECT.
His eyes... Pure!
His subtle expressions!
His perfectly coordinated body laguage for each scene!
His expressions!
His calm and serene voice.
His kindness!

As i said... I found his voice PERFECT. It was serene when needed. It was shuddering when he was angry.

All I can say his i cannot really imagine any other Rama Ji after Him!
😳

Yes, Gurmeet was one of the best Ramjis for sure!😃
Originally posted by ILuvGuruDebi

My opinions:

Almost all - he was excellent for this role. my favourites were moments with his family, meeting Sira in the garden, his time alone with Sita, the game of searching the ring in the tray of milk, vanvaas time, the war and many more.

Some scenes felt overdone, though they may not be his mistake like the Ram - Hanuman fight. The  scenes Ram was scared Sita would leave him portrayed Ram as a weak person. The Ram - Hanuman fight, he casually gave promises which he would not fulfill. Some other scenes were overdone and could have been better.

There is no end to a fan's expectation. I am not qualified to say because I have no idea as to how difficult it was playing the role but here are my suggestions. A little bit of fine tuning in dressing would have done it better.

It was pretty much satisfactory.

All in all, he was well chosen

I have been as honest as possible 😉

Wish I could reply to this, but I haven't seen AS's Ramayan yet 😆 I'm getting it on DVD soon though so hopefully soon 😃

It was fun to read though 😊
Originally posted by LOLAnisha

Wish I could reply to this, but I haven't seen AS's Ramayan yet 😆 I'm getting it on DVD soon though so hopefully soon 😃

It was fun to read though 😊

Oh, u'll luv Guru as Ramji, diii!😃 Rest of the serial is average and many actors are not so great, but Guru as Ramji is definitely of the BEST Ramjis ever.😍 And u'll like Debi diii as Sita mata also, especially during vanvaas.😃 Guru and Debi's chemistry in Ramayan was unrivalled diiii, they really complimented each other perfectly.😳