Mythological Masti

Most underrated character in Ramayan

Poll Question: Who do you feel is the most underrated character in Ramayan, and why?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [23.81%]
11 [52.38%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
1 [4.76%]
1 [4.76%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 10 November 2010 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Which Ramayan character do you guys think is worthy of more recognition than he/she gets? And for what reasons do you think they deserve more attention - what specific virtues did they possess, in which events did they demonstrate them, etc. If there are others who are so underrated that I forgot to list them, who are they? LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11...Mina...cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Most underrated character in Ramayan" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 10 November 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
mandodari.
because she was the wife of a great king. but she is one among the great characters ever. she was down to earth, simple. but her words were not considered by anyone. in Ramayana she do not get much attention.

would like to mention the name of Thara too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

DeadDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

DeadDevil

Posted: 10 November 2010 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
well im agree with mani...dat  mandodari was underrated..n i think at ram ji side shatrughana n shrutikirti were underrated....

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 3:22am | IP Logged
i'll go for Urmila
we always here about Ramji Sita ji and Lakshaman's sacrifices
but who remembers that Urmila too suffered .. Virah as Lakshmanji went with Ramji and Sitaji.
Sitaji still spend 13 years with her husband but Urmila cudnt be with Lakshman.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11Amor.Dpka1415ankita2804cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

Dpka1415

IF-Dazzler

Dpka1415

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 3:33am | IP Logged
I second u Pari di ..
her sacrifice was nowhere less than that of Ram, Sita n Lakshman but still her sacrifice nvr gained the recognition of the same level which the other three always get .. Thumbs Down

Amor....PARiNA...cityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 6:35am | IP Logged
I go for Urmila as well. She was separated from her husband for 14 years (a very very long time), and was told never to cry during that period. Her sacrifice was  as great as Ram, Sita, and Lakshman's, but she doesn't get nearly enough recognition. 

Sumitra would be a close tie for me though. She was also separated for 14 years from her son, but in serials and movies it is only shown as Kaushalya who is suffering. (for the most part)

Edited by aishi.muffin - 11 November 2010 at 6:40am

Amor.Dpka1415...PARiNA...Vishakha_Sakhi

anchal2

IF-Dazzler

anchal2

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 6:44am | IP Logged
@parina: word! When I read the topic, right ways I was gonna say lakshman's wife because I couldn't recall the name. yea, Urmila is definitely the most underrated character, we all know what bharat, lakshman, vibhishan have done. But we don't acknowledge Urmila's sacrifice and love, perfect example, I couldn't even recall her nameEmbarrassed

It's not easy to let your husband go away for 14 years. Because at the end what sita did, she still did it for her husband or lakshman did it for his brother (don't mean to belittle their actions though) but Urmila was truly selfless.

Amor.Dpka1415...PARiNA...Vishakha_Sakhi

...Mina...

IF-Dazzler

...Mina...

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged
i think it is Sumitra Mata, because even urmila is recognized more than her. we all learn how Urmila was very brave throghout 14 years vanvaas, and there many stories and dramas out there and center around Urmila, but there is nothing about sumitra. We learn so much about Kaushalya and Kaikeyi mata too, but nothing about sumitra.Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.