Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Do u think Deepika should work in Hollywood ??

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
If she gets an offer, should she agree to work in hollywood movie?? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollygossipgirl thumbnail
Oh she could give Freida a run for her money
sakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I remember SRK saying something like Why be a pawn there when you can be a king here or something along those lines. Even Srk thinks he's not good enough for Hollywood so why even bother.

P.S. Deepika is not yet a good enough actor. Most of the young guns aint. If Ranbir is the best of the lot then Bollywood still has a lot more to work on. Just good looks doesn't get you anywhere in Hollywood.
bollygossipgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: sakura_

I remember SRK saying something like Why be a pawn there when you can be a king here or something along those lines. Even Srk thinks he's not good enough for Hollywood so why even bother.

P.S. Deepika is not yet a good enough actor. Most of the young guns aint. If Ranbir is the best of the lot then Bollywood still has a lot more to work on. Just good looks doesn't get you anywhere in Hollywood.

One name i can think of Megan Fox. Gorgeous girl, but the lights are off at home
sakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bollygossipgirl

One name i can think of Megan Fox. Gorgeous girl, but the lights are off at home

[/QUOTE]  Yeah but she only gets Transformers and Magazine photo covers...that's it. I was listening to the radio the other day and RJ were discussing how some Tv programs and movie claim to be a family show but there's sexuality lurking in them. One caller pointed out that her kid loves the transformer and the fast that it's supposed to be for kids but she wants to keep him away for Megan Fox. 😆 😆Edited by sakura_ - 13 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i don't think anyone who has a much better career here in bollywood should go to hollywood... besides, most of the Indians don't exactly get the lead or coveted roles...

and Megan Fox is not from bollywood...  to be in hollywood, one has to shed a lot of inhibitions... and i doubt anyone from our industry would do that... well, Mallika did, but look what happend with her...! 

so no... and SRK is right... most of the actors/actresses are really not that good in their craft that they'll make it big in hollywood... halwa thodi hai...!  😛😛 

that being said, if the offer is good enough, sure they can take up the role to experiment... but doing movies here and there is an altogether different ballgame than making it big in hollwyood... Ash has done quite a few movies, but her acting career hasn't exactly taken off there...!
let her first act properly in Bollywood, phir hollywood ke baare mein dekhenge.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Gosh what is so good about working in Hollywood?! I fail to understand that. It really is nothing different or superior to Bollywood. All you gain is international fame. You have to be really ready if you want to step into Hollywood. And I don't think Deepika is ready yet. I think she is doing well in Bollywood. Why worry about Hollywood?! I don't understand this whole Hollywood craze anyways...
AmbyCious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
she should rather accept an offer from an acting institute,whicever itmigth be :p
If Freida can make it so big into Hollywood, I don't see why Deepika (or anyone for that matter) should be left behind. Deepika's Indian features are more likely going to appeal to the west, much like Ms. Pinto. I don't think there is much to choose between her and Freida; both of them have an intereting potential, but both are yet to prove their mettle in their respective industries. But yes, unlike Bollywood, Deepika ain't going to go far ahead in Hollywood. She is more likely to get half-baked roles where her entire purpose would be to look pretty. She isn't going to get the meaty roles and nor would she win any coveted awards, until she improves her acting and dialogue delivery.

But I am intrigued as to why the OP considered the possibilities of Deepika making her career in Hollywood. Has she got any offers from them or was it just a speculation?Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago