Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Shows - Suggestions / Help Desk (Page 6)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Great points, Lola! I agree with all three.

I also agree with Vrish's point...there are some versions out there that have Ram asking Lakshman to kill Sita in the forests, and then bring her ear as proof or something. While I am generally liberal with diifferent and even conflciting sources, I am not that liberal.Dead So I don't think it is necessary for people to agree that all sources are equal or anything, and they should be allowed to discuss why they believe in some sources over others, but the only thing that should be restricted is the bashing of any source. Bashing in general is prohibited on IF, so that shouldn't be a hard rule to follow.

I remember we had some interesting Valmiki vs. Tulsidas discussions in RF before, so as long as everyone respects each other's views, there's no reason that we should restrict source comparisons.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
If comparison entails objectively mentioning all the different variations of the story that are out there and comparing how alike/different they are, I'm all for it. But the "why I believe more in this source than that part"... it brings to mind specific concerns related to specific members, can't elaborate here, but for that reason I'm a bit apprehensive about us going in that more subjective direction. I guess we can put the simple "no bashing sources" in as the rule and then I'll decide on a case-to-case basis, whether something comes across as offensive/overly gushy or not?

Edited by lola610 - 23 April 2011 at 11:36pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

If comparison entails objectively mentioning all the different variations of the story that are out there and comparing how alike/different they are, I'm all for it. But the "why I believe more in this source than that part"... it brings to mind specific concerns related to specific members, can't elaborate here, but for that reason I'm a bit apprehensive about us going in that more subjective direction. I guess we can put the simple "no bashing sources" in as the rule and then I'll decide on a case-to-case basis, whether something comes across as offensive or not?

Yeah, that sounds good. I guess we can tell people not to get too opinionated about sources and argue with an unbiased view. And the no-bashing rule will put an end to most of the offenses people may intentionally or unintentionally commit. You should def decide on a case-to-case basis, because we can't really decide everything right now without anthing happening yet.

lola610Vishakha_Sakhi

Dpka1415 IF-Dazzler
Dpka1415
Dpka1415

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
hey guyz i started a banner n slogan contest for bhakti lounge...janu di suggested that we should have a separate thread for announcing the banner and the voting...so i made THIS THREAD!
can we make it a sticky post if everyone is ok with it?? Wink
Otherwise its perfectly fine... Big smile

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Can anyone give me the video of Krishna's peace mission to Hastinapur from Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna? (Not BRC MB)
Vishakha_Sakhi IF-Sizzlerz
Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, I was just wondering under which section on the IF main page is our Mytho Forum listed? 
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
@ rehan - here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMTZCDsr410
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUySDGra0b0

@ vutroot ROFL - we can be found in the "popular shows with daily updates" section, right alongside "award functions" and "Asian shows" :/... if you have an idea of a more relevant section do let me know.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

Vishakha_Sakhi IF-Sizzlerz
Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lola610

@ vutroot ROFL - we can be found in the "popular shows with daily updates" section, right alongside "award functions" and "Asian shows" :/... if you have an idea of a more relevant section do let me know.

Nice name na? Dadima Tanubie gave it! LOL LOL I was just curious to know where we're located, cos I couldn't find the forum other than having the direct link. Embarrassed

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index