Members Lounge

a gesture of love - my valentine gift

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago

I want to share something very personal with you all today.

My KG grade son had his valentine party today in his school.I walk him down to school everyday taking my 1-1/2 yr old in his stroller.It's just a 15 minutes walk but two busy crossings make it a 20 min job.

Today morning  my hubby wanted to be at his son's class party,even if for 10 min.The party started at 11.30 so he had to come in from office specially for this ,which is about a good 25 min drive each to and fro in LA traffic.We all left together and after 10 minutes,he left while me and my younger son stayed on.Normally he fetches our son from school but I told him today I would walk him home when the party got over.

But when it was time to leave,I found it was raining hopelessly hard and then I realised I had forgotten my cell at home.I tried his desk from the school phone but a voice message told me he had already left for lunch.My husband's mobile is a national number so I could not call him from a local call phone!!!Without the car seats,I could not take a lift for all 3 of us.And if we walked,we all would get completely drenched.Moreover my younger one had taken a fall the night before and is sporting a neat gash right on his eyebrow so getting him wet was to invite infection and puss.I was mulling over what to do next,probably wait out the rain................ When suddenly I turned and saw my hubby standing right behind me!!!!

He told me to hurry up in his usual brisk tone so that he could drop us quickly and get back to his job.I just nodded because I was too surprised to say anything else.We quickly bundled into the car - even covering the distance from the door to the car was enough to drench the face and the pants . After settling in I just said,'I don't know how I would have got back if u hadn't come...' and he simply said 'I am there.I had started to go out to the cafeteria for lunch and noticed the rain,so I came.' Simply,as if it was the most natural thing to do in the world.

Which meant he skipped his lunch to come all the way,drop us home and go back.Having already taken a long break in the morning to be with his son,he could not extend the break to have lunch.

All the way back I had a lump in my throat. How much me and the kids meant to this guy.6 years of marriage and I have often cribbed about him being unromantic and not saying 'I love you' enuf times & bla blah.......yet today his actions,nothing remotedly romantic about them,spoke louder than any word.

It was my son's valentine party,the actual day is still 3 days away,yet my valentine day was already made.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nish1 thumbnail
oh that was so nice of him..now don't call him unromantic bez he doesn't show his feelings but u guys mean so much to him.....yes u got ur valentine gift ðŸ˜Š
cowz_lover thumbnail
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how nice
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5

awwww............Minnie this is soooooooo sweet. Your story touched my heart. You are really lucky to have a husband who cares soooooooooo much about you and the kids. Sometimes people express their love with their actions and not words. I don't think there are many husbands how would skip lunch to pick up thier wifes and kids and stay hungry all day.

Make sure you make him special dinner when he gets home today.

nish1 thumbnail
by the way i don't blame u from getting upset with him by not saying I love u to u bez i would feel the same if my husband won't tell me that ...i guess that's why i haven't find anyone yet😔
pujas thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh Dear That is so so sweet of him.  Princess is right you shd make him a very special dinner!!
rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Awww your hubby is very sweet. He is a God's Gift. Such a darling and you call him unromantic. I agree with Princess, make him a nice dinner.
*Anjali* thumbnail
awwwwwwwww...that was very sweet of him, Minnie.  I must say--you are very lucky!!   I agree with Princess---you should do something special to show how much you care for him too...very touching story, Minnie--thanks for sharing it with us ðŸ˜Š
that was really sweet of me.....hey he's really kool....and i agree with princess....some ppl just cant express their feelings even if they try to .....itz hard for them.....so just chill and if he doesnt say and u should go ahead and tell him the 3 magical words......and have fun on valentines day......
bas02 thumbnail
awwwwwwwww....that is sooooooo sweeet!!!! Thank u for sharing with us Minnie!!