Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi Anu 
Omg you are welcome here πŸ€—

Though this forum is not too active but there are lots of knowledge threads here 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Welcome To Our MM Forum Anudi !! Right Now Nobody's Here...When They Come Back, I'm Sure You'll Enjoy !!!
ILuvPrachiDesai thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi guys, my name is Saarah. The reason i'm joining this forum is mahabharat.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Welcome to the Forum Saarah πŸ€—. Hope you'll enjoy here 😊
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Welcome Here Saraahdi, I Hope You'll Enjoy Out Here !
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hello all, my name is Keshav, from Jodhpur city, Rajasthan. I love mythological shows so much. Sad that i came across this forum recently, i loved Ramayan, Mahabharat, Mahadev & Jai shri krishna too.Edited by VS-Cool - 9 years ago
svthusya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

1. Name? Lalitha Janaki

2. Age? Somewhere between 20-30, that's all you need know right now.πŸ˜†

3. Any nicknames preferred? Lali, Janu, LJ, anything you want.πŸ˜‰ 

4. Where are you from? Born in India, but raised in US

5. Occupation? Student

6. Interests? Reading Hindu scriptures and puranas, watching mythological shows, studying psychology/philosophy, reading and writing historical fiction...

7. Hobbies? Writing fiction...I used to draw, but don't find time for that anymore, I'm never satisfied with what I draw.πŸ€”πŸ˜†

8. Favorite mythological serials? Why?

1. Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan - because it is the first ever mythological show I watched, and the way RS portrayed all the characters brought them to life, not to mention that the story was very accurate and so we were able to feel as if we were watching it while it happened.😳 Everyone's acting was so natural and beautiful to see, and it really made us feel proud to have such an epic in our culture!)

2. Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna - because of its Bhakti Rasa...I have never seen another mythological show go so much in depth with its Bhaki Yoga teachings...especially the beginning parts of Shri Krishna up till Kalyavan Vadh made it seem like we were watching the story as it had happened in the Bhagawad Purana. I love this serial for the same reason I love Ramayan, it was very accurate.

3. BR Chopra's Mahabharat - The actors were very well chosen and though there were small deviations in the storyline, we were able to relate with the events and characters. It was dramatic without being melodramatic, and the famous friendship between Krishna and Arjuna was shown so well. And of course, Nitish Bharadwaj was just about the cutest Krishna ever.😳

4. Anand Sagar's Ramayan - the settings were gorgeous, acting of the main leads was very good, and I loved Ravindra Jain's music which took me back to the familiar tunes of RS's Ramayan and SK. The storyline was fast-paced and interesting, and I really love how the directors showed so many background stories that did not make it into the older mythos because of time constraint, but are still famous and well-known, like Vedavati's curse on Ravan, Lord Vishnu's battles with the asuras, Kaikeyi's curse on Ravan, Ram and Hanuman's Maha Yudh during Uttar Kand, and so many others. Last but not least, I loved Guru and Debi in it, their chemistry was really adorable!

9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses?
There are sooo many, so I will only list a few from each show.πŸ˜† From RS Ramayan, I love Deepika as Sita, Dara Singh as Hanuman, Sunil Lahri as Lakshman, Mulraj Rajda as Raja Janak, Bal Dhuri as Dashrath, Jayshree Gadhkar as Kaushalya, Rajnibala as Sumitra, Padma Khanna as Kaikeyi, Urmila Bhatt as Sunaina, Anjali Vyas as Urmila, Arvind Trivedi as Ravan, Aparajita as Mandodari, Swapnil Joshi as Kush, Mayuresh Kshetramade as Luv, and Vijay Kavish as both Valmiki and Lord Shiva.

From RS Shri Krishna, I love Swapnil Joshi and Shweta Rastogi as teen Krishna and Radha, Paulommi Mukherjee and Sunil Pandey as Devaki and Vasudev, Shah Nawaz as Nand Baba, Ashok Balakrishnan as child Krishna, Pramod Kapoor as Akrur, Pinky Parikh as Rukmini, and also the actors who played Bhishma and Dharmaraj Yudhisthira in the Mahabharat episodes.

From BRC MB, I love Nitish Bharadwaj as Shri Krishna, Roopa Ganguly as Draupadi, and Arjun as Arjun. I also loved Mukesh Khanna as Bhishma Pitamah. But like for RS's Ramayan and Shri Krishna, almost all the actors in Mahabharat were perfect for their roles.

From AS Ramayan, I love Gurmeet & Debina Choudhary as Ram-Sita, Lalit Negi as Shatrughan, Vijay Bhatia as Bharat, Pankaj Kalra as Dashrath, Vinod Kapoor as Vibhishan (also Dushashan of BRC's Mahabharat), and Vikram Sharma as Hanuman. There were other scattered actors who played small roles that I really liked, but don't know they names.😳

10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)? Hard question!😲 Like in the above, there are sooo many, but will list one or two from each serial. From RS Ramayan, the entire Aranya Kand was just superb, though my fav has to be the Lakshman Rekha episode as well as the Sita Haran. I also love all the Uttar Kand scenes featuring Sita Ma with Luv Kush, but my favorite scene has to be the one where Ram-Sita visit Manthara after the Rajyabhishek and Ramji assures her that he forgave her long time ago though forgiveness was not even necessary. I also love the part where LuvKush offer Rotis to Hanumanji after they tie him up.πŸ˜†  Lols, it's hard thinking of favorite scenes from this show, because that'd be like listing the entire show itself!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

From RS SK, I love the entire Krishna Janmashtami sequence, and also every Radha-Krishna episode, especially Maharaas Leela and pre-Prem Jagat Ka Saar. The Kans Vadh and VasuDevaki/KrishnaBalram reunion were filmed well, and all of Krishna's political victories like the battle with Jarasandh and Kalyavan were also interesting and attention-grabbing. My favorite in particular out of those was the Kalyavan Vadh where Krishna assumes the form of Rancchod to lure Kalyavan into Muchkund's cave. 

From BRC MB, I love the scene where Krishna comes to Hastinapur on his treaty mission to avert War, very well done by Nitish.πŸ‘ And the Draupadi Vastra Haran scene was also very well taken, both are my fav epis (though the later is emotional😭). I also enjoyed the scene where Durvasa comes to the Pandavas' hut, demands to be fed along with his 1000+ disciples, and Draupadi prays to Krishna for help. Roopa and Nitish were just perfect in that scene.πŸ‘ Another favorite is the post-Sishupal Vadh one where Draupadi rips a piece of her sari to bandage Krishna's finger, and Krishna promises to repay her one day. Best Rakshabandhan episode ever.

From AS Ramayan, I loved the Ram-Sita Karva Chauth episode as well as the Chausar one where Ramji remembers during the monsoon. But I think the scene most well taken was the last one where Sita returns to Mother Earth after giving her vow of purity.😭 Shri Ram Mahaprayaan and Sita Agnipariksha scenes were also a must watch.πŸ‘ Basically, all the emotional scenes in Ramayan were taken well and anything that had Guru and Debi was worth watching.

11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you? No matter how much suffering you undergo, there is always someone who is suffering more than you in the world. No matter how much suffering you undergo, you are still better off than 1000s of people in the world, so never think you are the only person suffering and deserve the world's pity. Instead, make your heart so strong that you will be able to help others out of their misery even when you yourself may be unhappy.

12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological? From RS Ramayan, it is the Hum Katha Sunaate song Luv Kush sing in Ramji's court and also Sita Ram Daras Ras which the Ayodhyavasis sing after Ramji's Rajyabhishek. From RS SK, it is the Govardhan Giridhaari song which the Gokulvaasis sing while under the umbrella of the Govardhan mountain, and also all of the small bhajans which come during Krishna's political victories (like Kans Vadh, Jarasandh, Kalyavan Vadh, etc). From BRC MB, it is Kripa Krishna Ki and Prem Sagai. From AS Ramayan, it is the Shri Ram Mahaprayaan song and also all of the Swayamvar-Vivah ones. Of course, I love almost everything by Ravindra Jain, but since you guys probably don't want me to rant, I gave a very short list.πŸ˜†

13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself? Though I have my favorite mythos (mostly the old ones), I also enjoy watching the new mythos, because they made good use of today's technology and their aim in educating today's youngsters through these stories is well appreciated though room for improvement is definitely there.πŸ‘ Unless it is a mytho like KHMK (please excuse me if you are a fan😳), I generally watch all mythos if I can and also enjoy them for what they are. I do not like comparing mythos to each other, because each one is unique in its own way and comparisons are meaningless since all of them were made in different times, with different actors, and different technology. 

shiningstar77 thumbnail
Hi ,I am Nandhakishore..Love Mythological shows to the core...so am joining this forum...My fav r Mahabharat n Ramayan..
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I believe this forum is not that active anymore...But still I'd like to join...

1. Name?
Amrita

2. Age?

3. Any nicknames preferred?
Amu, bonny...

4. Where are you from?
Kolkata

5. Occupation?
IT professional

6. Interests?
Reading on Mahabharat...listening to music...defending Draupadi...πŸ˜†

7. Hobbies?
Same as above...n ofcourse watching TV n sleeping...

8. Favorite mythological serials?
Mahabharat...Reason is its sheer mystery which will remain unsolved forever...

9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses?
Pooja Sharma, Roopa Ganguly, SRJ, Nitish Bhardwaj n Aham Sharma...

10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?
Draupadi's birth from Star Plus' Mahabharat serial...And also Lord Krishna's entry...

11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you?
More than these serials, I guess Mahabharat has taught me how varied human perceptions can be...The same character is loved by some n hated by others...sometimes driven by emotions, n some other times by ignorance, we all tend to have varied perception about these epic characters.

Another thing I have learned from Mahabharat is fandom...I have never been a crazy fan of anything or anyone before...But Draupadi has changed that...

12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological?
Krishna Theme, Kumaari Chaapi Panchali, Karna's theme n almost all the themes of the serial...

13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself?
I am extremely sensitive, emotional,crazy n aggressive when it comes to defending Draupadi...
πŸ˜† Edited by amritat - 9 years ago
Dharanija thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi all :)would love to join this forum :)

Name ? Anu

Where are you from? Bangalore
Occupation? Doctor

Interests? Reading books, watching tv

Hobbies? gardening

Favorite mythological serials? Ramanand sagar 's Ramayana n BRC Mahabharata

Favorite mythological actors? Actresses? Arun govil ,Dipika ,nitish bharadwaj.. Basically I like all actors in ramanand sagar's Ramayana n BRC Mahabharata

What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?
Ram sita swayamvar
Sundara kand full
Lakshman indrajit yudh
Angad as peace messenger to ravana

Krishna as peace messenger
Virat parva ending where arjun defeats everyone single handedly! (uttara gograhanam)
All vidhur scenes n dialogues as well as Krishna scenes n dialogues in BRC Mahabharata!

What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you?
Do ur work honestly n hv Faith in God rest of the things will be taken care of by GOD!
Whatever happens, happens for the good!

What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological?
Ram bakht le Chala re ram ki nishani( during Bharat milap scene)
Binati suniye naath humari ( rukmini letter to sri Krishna)
Kanha re thoda sa pyar de!