1. Name? Srujan Kumar
2. Age? 26
3. Any nicknames preferred? None. I prefer being referred by my first name!!!
4. Where are you from? I m born n brought up in India but recently been living in Canada and France!!!
5. Occupation? I am a Research Engineer but I am still going back to be a PhD student.
6. Interests? Reading., thinking/analyzing, watching mytho series..
7. Hobbies? Traveling, Reading, Discussing/debating on forums ..
8. Favorite mythological serials? Why? Mainly RS Ramayan and BRC's Mahabharat but also Om Namah Sivaya and Jai Hanuman to a good extent.
There are many many reasons for the first two choices particularly that
they are what I grew up with (although RS Ramayan was when I was just
too young) and they are probably the best enacted among every possible
9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses? Govil as Ram,Deepika as Sita and Nitish Bhardwaj as Krishna. Paintal(Shakuni) is quite funny too!!!
10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)? Hard to pinpoint one particular scene. The one that has made me taken aback and see with wonder is where Rama meets Dasarath and Kaikeyi and Kaikeyi telling Rama about what he has to face now and Rama accepting it with great relish
11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you? Importance
of understanding and accepting life as it is, Importance of not being a
Runi to someone, greatness of devotion, importance of forgiveness,
understanding various dimensions of reality n it goes on n on...
12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological?
"Maiya more me nahi makhan khyai" and the songs around/after "Shiva
dhanurbhangam" in RS Ramayan. The Gurukul song of Guru Mata is also
13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself?
I am someone who respects religion as a great reference guide that can give me spiritual
benefit and I try to have a rational understanding of the phenomena and NOT
accept anything blindly by its face value.
Edited by esrujan - 16 July 2011 at 4:54pm