Joined: 16 November 2004
They say the Bollywood box office sizzles only with Shah Rukh Khan and sex. Sex? Has Bollywood ever made a 'sex movie'? Yes, they lock lips, cross marital boundaries to hop into bed... Jism has been followed by the likes of Khwahish, Julie, Hawas, Murder, Tauba Tauba. But there's no storyline. No X factor. Nothing in the league of Last Tango In Paris, Basic Instinct...Kyun?
Filmmakers point fingers at everything from the Censor Board to restrictions in the portrayal of women to the hypocrisy of viewers.
* Sex? Censored! "We have the ideas, the audience is ready, but our censorship laws are ridiculous. How can five people decide parameters for the rest of the country? For the censor certificate of Oops! I had to argue with a gentleman who wasn't willing to accept the woman on top," says director Deepak Tijori. There is a growing demand to make the Censor Board a rating agency that grades films. "Our censor laws are similar to those in Communist regimes like China and Cuba. No one raises a finger against literature or the Net, but since cinema is a commercial medium, there are several watchdogs. If there were kissing scenes in Hindi cinema in the 1920s and 1930s, why be so prudish now?" questions Govind Menon, Khwahish director.
* Not till women are cardboard cutouts: "With the emancipation of women being a reality that isn't limited to select cities, making a sex movie is possible. But this will require roles of substance for women and stories accommodating their perspective... after all, a sex movie will deal with human relations and we can't have cardboard cutouts," says director Ashu Trikha.Hollywood sex films
• The Graduate (1967): Dustin Hoffman does it to Mrs Robinson while Simon and Garfunkel immortalise Sounds Of Silence.
• The Killing Of Sister George, 1968: Hollywood's first brush with lesbianism.
• Summer Of '42 (1971): Teenager Hermie discovers sex with the lonely Jennifer O'Neill who waits for her soldier hubby to return during World War II.
• Last Tango In Paris (1972): Hollywood's never matched the butter sequence between Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider
• Basic Instinct (1992): Stone redefines sexuality by crossing, uncrossing her legs.
• Eyes Wide Shut (1999): Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman experiment with sex outside marriage and then get back.
• The Piano Teacher (2001): Isabelle Huppert visits sex shops, watches porn and is obsessed with her student Benoit Magimel.
• Original Sin (2001): Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie set the screen ablaze.
• Unfaithful (2002): Diane Lane explores Olivier Martinez, hubby Richard Gere waits.
Bollywood 'vex' films
• Chetna, 1970: Anil Dhawan falls for a hooker who leaves him longing for more.
• Rihaee, 1988: Hema Malini counters loneliness with an extra-marital affair.
• Jism, 2003: Bips and John Abraham celebrate the carnal and give the millennium its first brush with Bollywood sex.
• Khwahish, 2003 : Seventeen cold kisses in a desi Love Story. Were there 17?
• Oops, 2003: Mita Vashisht makes out with a male stripper who happens to be her son's best friend. Masala ?
• Julie, 2004: Neha Dhupia moves from one man to the other after being dumped. She turns hooker till Prince Charming comes.
• Murder, 2004: Apna Unfaithful, aur kya?
• And then the rest... Ek Chhoti Si Love Story, Paap, Hawas, Rog : All half-baked sex films, mostly bordering on semi-porn.
Just frames of erotica
* Awaara : Raj Kapoor and Nargis romping on a moon-kissed beach.
* Mughal-e-Azam : The feather sequence between Salim and Anarkali on a bed of jasmine with Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan playing in the background.
* Phool Aur Pathar : A shirtless Dharam bends over a Meena Kumari to cover her with a blanket.
* Aradhana : Pre-marital sex at its passionate best... the Roop Tera Mastana sequence.
* Bobby : Remember the chabi-kho-jaye chutzpah? Remember Dimple in her 12" tartan checks?
* Deewar : Parveen Babi casually lights up after sex with a brooding, bare-chested Bachchan.
* Satyam Shivam Sundaram : The mysterious sexual encounters between Shashi Kapoor and Zeenat Aman.
* Parinda : The climactic ship scene, where Anil Kapoor and Madhuri consummate their marriage.
* Hey Ram : The first real bedroom sequence with Rani demanding and Kamal Hassan responding.
* Veer Zaara : Preity fantasising about Shah Rukh on the eve of her wedding: the Main Yahan Hoon song sequence
Joined: 29 December 2004
Joined: 03 February 2005
Joined: 03 February 2005
Joined: 03 February 2005
Joined: 04 January 2005
Joined: 16 January 2005
Joined: 07 January 2005
Ranbir Kapoor sizzles on People magazine
Author: -kirulicious- Replies: 3 Views: 712
|-kirulicious-||3||712||10 December 2009 at 1:43pm by Mrs-KaranKundra|
Shahid sizzles on Cosmopolitan !!
Author: Sneh-Jiwan Replies: 1 Views: 608
|Sneh-Jiwan||1||608||13 November 2009 at 3:22pm by .Mandy.|
Bollywood Special Cosmos 20 Stylish Bollywood Gals
Author: Sneh-Jiwan Replies: 15 Views: 15144
|Sneh-Jiwan||15||15144||15 September 2009 at 2:08am by Onyx.|
Funny Bollywood Facts of Bollywood movies
Author: itra Replies: 9 Views: 20789
|itra||9||20789||16 April 2008 at 12:20pm by AmritaRao-Nina|
'Derriere Bollywood new Bollywood belly'
Author: missy14 Replies: 0 Views: 7652
|missy14||0||7652||29 December 2007 at 6:27am by missy14|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :