Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

Sasha gone mad

mfarhaniqbal33 Senior Member
mfarhaniqbal33
mfarhaniqbal33

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Sasha's gone mad
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 11, 2005

Making an exit: Chetan Hansraj who plays Sasha
He's one of the most hated faces on screen, but lately, audiences have started warming up to Sasha.

Chetan Hansraj who plays the popular baddie in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) is teary-eyed as he bids a final good-bye to his most loved character on screen.

Here's Sasha looking back at his favourite moments in Kahaani and sharing his plans for the future…

Sasha's become one of the most popular faces on screen in recent times – is it hard to bid adieu?
Of course. I was on the sets today and I couldn't believe this would be my last shot on the show. In the last six months, whatever I have learnt on Kahaani has really helped me become a better performer. I never thought this character would become as popular as it has.

How is Sasha's exit planned?
It's an exit even I couldn't have imagined. The last few episodes show Sasha slowly losing his sanity. The final blow comes when Monica (Suvarchala) throws him out of her house. He realises that his time is up.

The next twist is his plan to kill Om (Kiran Karmarkar), however it backfires. The sharpshooter ends up killing Monica instead of Om. Sasha is taken to court, where the judge sentences him to a mental asylum. My last scene is a must-see.

What have been your most memorable scenes in the serial?
There are quite a few scenes that I hold close to my heart. But I remember the scene where Om slaps me — I think it was brilliantly shot. Another one is the rangoli scene with Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar), where I spill colour on her. I still remember how Ekta blasted all of us in the beginning that was when I decided to get my act together and work harder.

Are you close to your Garv character?
Not as close as Sasha. I mean, Garv is shown as a confused guy, who has issues making up his mind, but Sasha is more fun to play.

Are you taking on any new work?
Not right now, but yes, if anything interesting comes up, I wouldn't think twice. I am doing a television show called Forever.com and a film — Meet Mrs Conelly, in the UK.

Have you managed to take any time off to be with your wife?
No, I haven't, and Lavinia has actually been a good wife and not complained. Just kidding, but I plan to go to Dubai on the 20th for my honeymoon. Now that Sasha is gone, I will get some time for my family and myself.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top