Info of Harsh

princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Kyunki's good boy wants to play villain

By: Harshada Rege

January 29, 2005

He is the obedient son of the Virani household and his marriage to Mohini has become a matter of worry for many viewers. Mahavir Nagar resident Mehul Kajaria (popularly known as Harsh Virani) is happy that his character from the soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (KSBKBT) has come into the limelight.

"We are the largest family on television hence each character may not get prominence at the same time. But I am not complaining at all. This show has given me name and fame," he says.

Mehul says he has no godfather or relative in the industry and getting roles was a struggle for him. After completing his graduation from Mithibai College, Mehul enrolled himself in a drama workshop at the Bharatiya Natya Vidya Peeth, Charni Road.

Speaking about his choice of profession Mehul says, "I have always wanted to be an actor. I took part in various inter-collegiate competitions to enhance my knowledge." Of course it wasn't easy to get a break, adds Mehul, who started his career with single scene appearances.

"Later I began getting episodic assignments." Mehul got his first full-fledged role in the serial Kehtaa Hai Dil on Star Plus. However, when the plot of the serial changed to a saas-bahu drama, Mehul's character vanished from the serial.

Mehul was also part of other serials like Hip Hip Hurray 2 and Koi Apna Sa. He then joined the Virani family along with a set of newcomers in Aug 2002 when the serial took a 20-year leap. However, Mehul says the new set of actors settled in easily.

Mehul, who has acted in Gujarati plays too, says television is more lucrative then theatre because it brings instant recognition. He explains, "There are a handful of actors who can guarantee an audience for their plays. To establish oneself in theatre can take years."

Mehul says he owes his career to Balaji Telefilms, which has produced KSBKBT. He says, "Balaji has generated so much employment not only for actors but also for technicians. They also pay all the actors on time, which is very important."

Mehul says he will be a part of the serial even when it takes another 20-year leap sometime this March-April.

He says, "I don't mind playing a more mature character. I don't have to grey my hair because that will not hide my age. Instead I want to concentrate on my mannerisms, body language and voice modulation."

Mehul says that he hasn't taken on any other assignments as the roles offered to him are of the stereotypical goody-two-shoes type.

"I am dying to play a negative character. I did that in Hip Hip Hurray 2, but it wasn't noticed, as the serial didn't work," he says.

Like most actors Mehul too is looking forward to setting foot on the silver screen but his condition is that the role should be exciting. However, he is in no hurry. Right now he is happy being recognised as Harsh.

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
thank's for sharingBig smile
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23