ME_T
ME_T

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Issue dated 14 July 2004
Updated every Wednesday
Gauri Pradhan
Indiantelevision.com's

I was offered a role in Des Mein

How did Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi happen?
After Naam Gum Jaayega went off air, I was sitting at home as I was under a year long contract with Sony. Ekta Kapoor had been wanting to sign me for a long time. As soon as the contract ended, I started shooting for KSBKBT. Some time back I was even offered a role in Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand but I didn't take it up as I want to concentrate on one project at a time.

Do you relate to the character of "Nandini"?
Not at all. I don't talk much. I am a loner and don't make friends easily whereas Nandini is so chirpy and outgoing. Till now, she has been shown as full of life. Now circumstantially, her personality is changing. She is becoming responsible. She won't become negative but will become comparatively quiet.

Let's talk about your real life. Who proposed, you or Hiten?
Our relationship is not the outcome of instant attraction but is based on friendship converted into love. We knew we would eventually get married. But yes, he did come to Madh Island once, where I was shooting and slipped a ring on my finger.

Do you think being in the same profession as your spouse helps?
Acting keeps us busy and change in shooting schedules is common. Although I do not stay with my in-laws, it helps in understanding each other. Had my husband been in a profession other than acting, it would have been difficult to understand and adjust.

How does it feel to be working together in KSBKBT?
It's great! I get to spend a lot of time with him. I am sure other actors are jealous of our togetherness!

What attracted you the most about Hiten?
His genuineness.

What does marriage mean to you?
It means everything, at least right now. It has changed my attitude towards life. People's attitude towards me too has changed. Marriage is a bond that should improve life and not deteriorate.

Do you think marriage affects an actress' career?
I don't think so. Marriage has surely increased responsibilities, though. We had worked together in "Kutumb". In "Naam Gum Jaayega" he was roped in towards the end, with the idea that his appearance would help the serial. In my case, since my husband happens to be my co-actor, it has added to my popularity in KSBSKBT.

Do you intend to start a family soon?
We haven't thought about it.

Why did you take up a course in counselling psychology?
I always wanted to take up psychology as a subject in college but couldn't. That's why, I enrolled for a psychology course from an institute affiliated to London University. I intend to complete my course later when I get time.

Do you want to work in films?
Previously, films were a complete "NO" as I was satisfied with television, besides I am very well aware of how the film industry operates. Now though, my perspective has changed. I am open to films, particularly crossover cinema.

princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing
kripawgr Goldie
kripawgr
kripawgr

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
thnx for sharing
sanaqureshi Goldie
sanaqureshi
sanaqureshi

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 5:47am | IP Logged
   great i really liked it if u find anything else than plz send it.
sanaqureshi Goldie
sanaqureshi
sanaqureshi

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 5:54am | IP Logged
  u know thank god she didnt play a role in des mein.. other wise i would have had to sit down and watch it justto see her!-LOL----------------
ME_T Senior Member
ME_T
ME_T

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 6:57am | IP Logged
i watch des amin nikla hoga chand. i'ts quite good
nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged
coool... thanks!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top