India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Stupid Cupid - From Bombay Times

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:26am | IP Logged

Small screen couples don't think so. Whether newly-wed, married for a while, or just dating these lovebirds are doing something special for Valentine's Day finds Roshni Olivera

Love is in the air and like every year, there are grand plans being chalked out for this Valentine's Day as well. Busy work schedules will have to take a backseat at least this one day. The actors are not willing to let go of the day for anything in the world. Right from the recently-married much-in-love couples to those who've been married for a while, plans are afoot for February 14. Even the singletons are going to have a blast! Rakshanda Khan, who describes herself as the president of the single women's club, is going to spend the day with her pal  aka Mona Singh. "Since we are both single, we'll romance each other," laughs Rakshanda.
    But, others have some serious plans. Shefali Jariwala and Harmeet Gulzar who tied the knot just a few days back hope to sink in the beauty of the Taj Mahal in Agra on this day. "I've never seen the Taj Mahal and what better day than February 14 for us to go there," gushes the bride.
    Maninee De and hubby Mihir Mishra plan to take off away from the hustle bustle of the city. "It's a special place," reveals Mihir, without divulging details. "We managed to get two days off from our shoots," he says. Everyday is Valentine's Day for this couple ever since they got married a month-and-half ago. "I'm falling in love with my wife every day and the intensity is only growing," smiles Mihir.
    Valentine's Day is the perfect time to do what you've been wanting to. That's exactly why Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri plan to catch Black. Both have been wanting to do so for a while. They plan to relive their first date this
Valentine's. "We'll go to the same place for dinner," gushes Shilpa. There's more on their agenda. It's been a while since they boogied and they hope to go dancing with friends postdinner. Rajeshwari Sachdev, who married Varun Badola some time back, may believe everyday is Valentine's Day, but she quips, "It's an opportunity to get a gift from your husband. So why not?"
    You don't have to be still in the dating phase or newly-wed to get excited about Valentine's Day. Some of our television industry couples celebrate the
day with as much gusto as they did
when they were wooing each other. Parmeet Sethi gets excited even today. Just that he has not made any plans this year. "Last time I made some grand plans which fell flat," he laughs. This is what happened last year... Parmeet booked a suite at a five-star only to realise last minute that wifey Archana had to rush for certain work committments. "I wanted to surprise her. She surprised me instead!" This time around the actor plans to be more spontaneous. Valentine's Day can have some interesting additions as well. Like Manish and Poonam Goyal will celebrate the day this time with their little son Aryaveer. "In the four years that we've
been together Aryaveer is the best gift we could give each other," smiles Poonam. Their family may not go out this time but "we'll celebrate at home," she says. Then there are those whose paramours are miles away, but Valentine's Day will still be celebrated. "I'll surely miss him very much," sighs Dolly Sohi, whose fiance Avneet Dhanowa is in UK. "But, we will be on the phone for sure," she consoles herself. Dolly's ensured that her love gets a lovely bouquet and the brownies he loves. In fact, she has co-ordinated with her wouldbe- mum-in-law for this. For Tassnim Sheikh, Valentine's Day this year will be on February 16 because her boyfriend,who's out, will be back on the day. "On the 14th I'll go out looking for a nice gift for him and on the
    16th we'll actually celebrate together," says the
actress.
    Of course there's also a section who question why a particular day should be so special. "Actually I'm not sure if it's on February 13 or 14," admits Achint Kaur, who says she has never celebrated Valentine's Day in her life.
    Mauli Ganguly too believes you don't need a special day to celebrate your love. "Every day can be Valentine's Day," she says. Interestingly, Mauli does have some beautiful memories of Valentine's Day. "That was sometime back, when I went out with my group of girlfriends. And we had a great time," she recalls excitedly.

xsonyxo Senior Member
xsonyxo
xsonyxo

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:33am | IP Logged
thnx jprasad! ...Smile ..it's great...., n it's soo cute how each couple has plans for valentine's day!! Embarrassed
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:40am | IP Logged
jprasad... kya dil-teaser article hai Embarrassed... feel like starting a thread on what WE'll all be up to on valentine's day Wink

I'm not sure that my hubby will take too kindly to me wondering too much about Apu / Armaan's valentine's Wink .. i'm gonna read it, forget it, enjoy valentine's with loved ones... AND COME BACK HOME TO SEE JJKN AT 9:30 pm.. that way i get all-in-one!!!! LOL

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by queenbee

jprasad... kya dil-teaser article hai Embarrassed... feel like starting a thread on what WE'll all be up to on valentine's day Wink

I'm not sure that my hubby will take too kindly to me wondering too much about Apu / Armaan's valentine's Wink .. i'm gonna read it, forget it, enjoy valentine's with loved ones... AND COME BACK HOME TO SEE JJKN AT 9:30 pm.. that way i get all-in-one!!!! LOL

At least you can do that much!  My husband just left town this morning and I won't see him till next Monday!  I will be enjoying my valentines day through Armaan and Jassi so I hope it is a good episode!
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
awww jprasad... if i had the power i wud try n make armaan call u up on v-day and wish u .. wudn't THAT be a treat... !!!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Big smile  totally...o wait a minute...then instead of Jassi trying to steal away Mallika's husband...I will be in trouble for trying to steal away Shilpa's husband! LOL
loveneha_r Goldie
loveneha_r
loveneha_r

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article!
mana Senior Member
mana
mana

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

i feel like killing someone since i am not married and no Boyfriend i have to stay home with my mom and watch tv or take her out Cry

Go to top