Jyoti

Old interview of Aamir Dalvi

captkirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Has Saathi Re been your first tryst with fame?

No, not really I was featured in a show called Jab love Hua. It was aired on Zee and had a moderate success. It was 'Saathi Re' which capitulated me to mass fame.

Do you believe in Sun Signs?

My belief in sun signs is restricted to the casual look in the evening news paper after i am through with the cartoon strips. And that too if I am idling between shoots. I do not let what I read affect either my thoughts or actions.

Have you experienced holistic healing before?

No, I have personally never experienced holistic healing before. I do know people who are very highly influenced by the various streams that do exist. I guess to a large extent these things depend on the overall mental make up of a person. I have personally never felt the need to explore this domain.

What kind of meditation are you into?

For me the time I spend on my prayers is meditation enough. Ultimately meditation is nothing but tuning the mind to overcome the incessant thoughts that it is plagued with and bring it to an equilibrium. It is this equilibrium that makes one experience a sense of calm and peace. For me I gain this experience in my prayers.

How do you accept changes in your life?

Change is the only constant in life. I have a firm belief that it is my perspective of the change that defines it in my life. Thus I prefer to look at the brighter side of things. Our attitude makes it easier to accept the changes that come into ones life.

What do you do to maintain your positive levels?

Every coin has two sides. The side we focus on is the reality for us. I think positive! If something has happened it has happened for the good and that's how I keep moving.

Do you belief in gemstones?

No, I have never felt a need to rely on gemstones. For me the aesthetic value of the stones is far more valuable than the implied superstitious value that is normally attached to it.

Do you belief in life after death?

I believe in living in the moment. If we are aware of the present, the future takes care of itself. Death is a certainty for sure but I do not have a reason ponder on what comes beyond. When death becomes the present, i will deal with it.

What is Trust?

Trust to me is having blind faith on somebody. If you give your trust to someone, their wish, no matter how drastic, becomes a command. Trust is very cardinal in every relationship. Be it marriage or friendship. Any relationship devoid of trust is false.

What according to you is the difference between friendship and love?

You love your friends but you are in love your partner. A friend can be your mate while your love should be your soul mate. Now that is a huge difference. The love is the same but the manifestation of this emotion differs with the degree of depth.

How do you forgive people who have hurt you?

My biggest problem is I can forgive but I can not forget. I do forgive people very easily but I can't forget what they have done. The two are having different roots. One has to forgive to cleanse your conscience, why carry the baggage? But one should not make the same mistake twice so one has to remember the lessons of ones hurt.

What is your mantra of success?

Perseverance! Perseverance! perseverance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

captkirk thumbnail
Aamir seems like a very practical and focused person and a bit of a recluse too.  I hope he does some good movies too.  Is a great actor!!
vaishal.dalal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: captkirk

Aamir seems like a very practical and focused person and a bit of a recluse too.  I hope he does some good movies too.  Is a great actor!!

He was there in a movie "Viruddh" as a friend of John Abraham. It had Amitabh Bachchan, Sharmila Tagore in lead roles, Sanjay Dutt ... Debut movie of Anousha Dandekar
NancyNuts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Aamir Dalvi is a fab. actor....love the way he is perfectly portraying his role as kabir ....i didn't noticed him in 'Viruddh'.....but would like to see him in a gud movie for sure.... =)
PrincessR thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ii just luv aamir dalvi.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)Edited by PrincessR - 13 years ago
captkirk thumbnail
Yes he is a fab actor.  Hope he gets more meaty roles in films.  Did see him in Viruddh, was as natural and great as always.  On youtube watch part 7 of the film to see him.  Very brief role.
_KAYNAAT_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
do u know something about his family plz let me know?i just simply cant take my eyes off from me...
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think his character in Wo Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki was more close to reality than Kabir, and I liked him more in that show !!! And JeevanSathi was undoubtedly his best one till date.

But a Random observation, don't you notice that in almost all of his shows, he isn't in the show at the beginning, he enters quite late, falls in love with the female main protagonist who is already in love with someone else, the current male protagonist and then she falls in love with his character and he becomes the new male protagonist.
think about it guys, see in Saathii Re, Jeevan Saathi, Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki and Jyoti
the same thing happened.....