Tamil  Reality Shows

SUN TV's Sangeetha Maha Yutham Season 2 (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 15

singdancelove

singdancelove

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Thanks a lot, sandz! I look forward to having a place to discuss the show :D 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SUN TV's Sangeetha Maha Yutham Season 2 (Page 10)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Hi singanddance - welcome to this forum.

That's exactly I wrote before - I really like Rahu's singing very energetic and creative still they loose. I would definitely miss him and his team if they don't qualify in the next round.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrypinkMayil_iraheVani19

singdancelove

singdancelove

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Thank you, migan!

Yes, I'll be very sad if I have to watch them lose :( Rahul seems like a great captain and his voice is stellar. His team has improved greatly too! 

I understand that it depends on personal taste, but in my opinion, his team deserves to win. At least, I want them to stay on the show so I can enjoy their performances! Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrypinkMayil_iraheVani19

Vani19

IF-Rockerz

Vani19

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
I agree with you guys, I always liked Rahul's team performing, full of energy, but somehow the scores are always less. Confused

Shemmo

IF-Rockerz

Shemmo

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Yes...I agree with you..Last week Rahuls group perfomance was really nice!!..But somehow they losed...Soo sad!!

singdancelove

singdancelove

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
I was sad to see Rahul's team lose, obviously, but I was very impressed with his response. Very professional, that man. 

Out of curiosity: for those of you that were cheering for Rahul's team, what team will you guys be supporting now? :) All the competitors are so talented!

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Quick Update for Saturday and Sunday Jan 29&30

Saturday:

Prasanna vs Naveen.

Naveen won the match by 1.5 point lead and made it to the second round. Rahul's team was eliminated as they scored 3 and Naveen scored 4.

Mr.Manicka vasagam was special Jury.

I feel very sorry for Rahul and team players. I felt they deserved to move to the next round. Naveen sang good but he was the only one sang good in his team. The game was tie till the second round and in the 3rd Naveen and team sang Kizhakke udikkum sooriyane.... Very emotional performance. As usual Prasanna' team did wonderful with their song Thaiya Thaiya...

But the song Naveen's sang Kizhakke udikkum sooriyane stole the whole show.

Prasanna let Sirisha and Divakar sing the Duet this time. he didn't sing.

-----------------------
Sunday

Sunday second round between Grace and Sunitha. Grace's team won over a big lead.

When I have time I will post detailed update and more comments. otherwise if some one watched please post more details.

Edited by migan - 30 January 2011 at 10:03pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

singdanceloveMayil_irahe-musicluv-ShemmoVani19

singdancelove

singdancelove

Posted: 06 February 2011 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Saturday (05/02/2011):

Grace vs Prasanna.
Divya and Febin sang "Nee Paathi Naan Paathi".
Mr. Manicka Vinayagam said they sang very well, but that he would give Divya one mark less than Febin, because even if you make small mistakes, it shows. Ranjith said the performance "amazing" and that Febin's flow was beautiful.

Madumitha and Diwakar sang "Elam Kathu Veesuthe".
Ranjith thought Madumitha "ripped the song" (in a good way!) and asked Diwakar to sing the chorus again but with a smile on his face. When he did, Ranjith was very impressed and said it was "awesome" and that it was the only thing that was missing. Mr. Manicka Vinayagam revealed that Madumitha is his granddaughter and that when she's singing the lower octave, she has to stick with the shruthi from the gut instead of with mics/wires.

FIRST ROUND SCORES: 
Grace 40/50 
Prasanna 36.5/50

Prasanna's group medley theme: Ragam/Keeravani
Rahul thought the song choice was super and that the star performer was Sreesha. Mr. Manicka Vinayagam said the mix made him think of the 70s, 80s. He thought they all sang very well but that he had trouble agreeing that it was a "medley". Ranjith stepped in and explained that the theme is what really ties the medley together and that this definitely qualified.

Grace's group medley theme: Comedy
Mr. Manicka Vinayagam said they all sang well individually and the Febin's character was fabulous. Rangith talked about how he always expects a good performance from Grace and that they didn't let him down. He felt that they restricted the ranges though, since Febin was singing very low often and Divya was stuck in the high notes.

SECOND ROUND SCORES: 
Grace 39/50
Prasanna 37/50

Prasanna's solo: Kadhal Rojave
Sumitha said that it was a beautiful song selection and that she really liked his improvisations. She also said that he started strong but that she could see that his voice was affected by the seasonal changes. She said his version of the song was a good example of how an artist can work with a song and personalize it instead of sticking to the style of the original. Naveen said that he loves the song, and that he feels honored to hear it sung in Prasanna's voice and thanked him for the performance. Mr. Manicka Vinayagam actually got up on the stage and talked about how Prasanna's voice is among his favorite, because it has sweetness and clarity, which is a rare mix. He said that he doesn't even have to talk about shruthi/thaalam because it's in his blood and that he feels proud to congratulate him. He also told him to not let it to his head ;)

Grace's solo: Yen Peru Meenakumari
Ranjith said it was "super" and that he was happy to see her talent for entertainment show up in her solo. Mr. Manicka Vinayagam said it was very "peppy" and that he was worried about the range but that she managed and pulled it off.

THIRD ROUND SCORES:
Grace 32.5/50
Prasanna 36/50

Grace's team won with a 2 point lead.

Edited by singdancelove - 06 February 2011 at 8:18pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayil_irahemigan-musicluv-Vani19Shemmo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top