Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Great to see the discussion! 😊

Can anyone tell me when this season started, ie when was the first episode?

I personally think Naveen has an awesome and powerful voice and i've been his fan since his Pokkiri Pongal came out. Prasanna is good too, Veyilodu Vilayadi is one of my favs.

Seems like its gonna be exciting... Can't wait for the proper rounds to start.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^I think season 2 started during end of October month:)

Today, they introduced the kids..interesting selection of participants...I guess the competitive round will start tomorrow or next week😃

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My forecast for this show, having watched the captains so far, is that Prasanna, Ranjit and Rahul will eliminate the rest of the captains. Of course, one caveat is how the team members shape up; bad teams can bring down good captains and vice versa. And, I personally think Prasanna tops the other two captains. Barring bad performance by his team members or stellar performance by the members of the other teams, he is a strong contender to win the race.

That said, I do hope they don't have 3 rounds of captain's special in the finals as that would skew the results. The show must profile new and upcoming talents, not the captains.

My hope for the captains, especially Ranjit, Praveen and Rahul, is that they show a bit more humility. Confidence and having a competitive spirit are fine but they should not be overconfident and bent on winning at all costs.
Edited by Bonheur - 13 years ago
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Today's show they introduced the teams.
Ranjit - Raaga Deepangal

Prasanna - Payum Puligal (Sirisha from Vijay's team is there)

Sunitha - Singa kuttis

Rahul's Sangeetha Sudargal

Grace - Isai Sooravaligal

Naveen - Pattu Thimingalangal

I can't say anything about the team yet. I felt Grace's team singer's are strong and not sure about Naveen't team voice.

team matches start from tomorrow.

All the teams have a team theme song(Other than Prasanna).

mellisai thumbnail
Originally posted by: migan

Prasanna - Payum Puligal (Sirisha from Vijay's team is there)

OMG!! 😲 Little Srishaa? On the other hand, I'm not really surprised, because her old hairstyle was soo cute that I failed to recognise her with this new makeover! Old hairstyle, please!

I'm backing Prasanna's Payaum Puligal this season. 😃
smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the quick updates Migan .. yet to wtach this episode ..
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Migan! I haven't watched it yet. Btw, Grace is comedian Karunas's wife right?!
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: khpriya

Thanks Migan! I haven't watched it yet. Btw, Grace is comedian Karunas's wife right?!

Yes Priya - She is Karunash's wife.
mellisai thumbnail
League Match # 1: Grace in Isai Sooravaligal  vs. Naveen in Paatu Thimingalangal

Special jury member - Andrea.
Andrea started the Yudham with her fantastic rendition of Ithu Varai Illatha Unarvithu - Goa. Her voice is gentle and soothing to the ears. Yuvan's composition is excellent. On a side note, Andrea was stunning in red and green .. I was admiring her more than her voice!

Round 1: Thaniye Thananthaniye
Grace nominated Deepthi for the solo round. Unnai Ondru Ketpen - Pudhiya Paravai.  Grace and team danced with her (to encourage her) . Decent performance. Judges told her not to be tensed and Andrea added how it evaporated as soon as she looked at Grace.

Naveen sent Karthik as solo challange to Deepthi and he sang Thakida Tha Thimithi (not sure about the movie). Ranjit told him to be more energetic and Pasanna said he's proud of Karthik.

Prasanna - 20 - 21
Ranjit - 26 - 23 (Ranjit liked Deepthi more than Karthik ;P)
Rahul - 28 - 29
Sunitha - 15 - 18
Andrea - 25 - 27

Average - 23 - 24

Round 2: Duet
Naveen and Shruthi sang Oyaayiye Yaayiye - Ayan. Andrea preferred the solo performance. Sunitha and Rahul asked Shruthi to take care of her pitching.

Grace sent Divyashree and Fevin (Febin??) and they sang Kilimanjaro - Endhiran. Andrea said it was like listening to the original singers and it matched the tone. Grace was excited. Rahul gave them a standing ovation. In addition, I liked their stage presence.

Prasanna - 24 - 18
Ranjit - 27 - 24.5
Rahul - 29 - 26
Sunitha - 21 - 18
Andrea - 28 - 20

Average - 26 - 21

Round 3: Group (New round - one song as a group)
Grace and Isai Sooravaligal started this round with Adradra Nakku Mukku - Kadhalil Vizhundhen. Andrea praised them for their energetic performance. However, Sunitha complained about Febin singing most of the song and the others were like backing him.

Naveen and Paatu Thimingalangal sang Saroja Saman Nikalo - Chennai 600028. Andrea said everything was correct, buy they lacked something that Grace and her team had - CHEMISTRY. Sunthia, again, asked some of them to take care of their pitching and praised the little one (don't know her name).

AMUL COOL SINGER OF THE DAY - Febin!

Prasanna - 30 - 32
Ranjit - 35 - 33
Rahul - 33 - 35
Sunitha - 28 - 29
Andrea - 32 - 27

Mixed results - Ranjit and Andrea preferred Grace and Isai Sooravaligal, and the avarage score came out their way.

Average - 32 - 31

Overall - 81 - 76

WINNER - Grace in Isai Sooravaligal

Congratulations!👏

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 13 years ago
smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the summary Sri 👏 .. Yet to watch this episode ..

Looks like Sunitha is another Mathangi .. Gives very low marks to contestants .. So will we have new special judge every week 🤔 .. what happened to VJ & MV ??

BTW , Group round is same like sangamam / medley round from last season right ?? am i getting it wrong here ..