Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deol Versus Deol

samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Deol Versus Deol

Click above for movie stills

It's a different clash this time! Next week, cousins Bobby Deol and Abhay Deol will vie for audience attention as Bobby's JURM and Abhay's debut vehicle SOCHA NA THA [produced by Sunny Deol] hit the marquee on February 18.

"I am not scared," Sunny tells me, when I question him about the clash. The actor-producer had kept a private screening of SOCHA NA THA for close friends on Thursday night at a suburban preview theatre, where this writer was invited.

Sunny pauses for a minute and continues in the same breath, "I remember, BETAAB [Sunny's debut film] and dad's NAUKAR BIWI KA were released in the same week and both worked at the box-office. There's space for everyone," the reticent actor states.

But times are different today, I tell him. "See, I couldn't postpone the film any further. There are so many films lined up in the forthcoming weeks. Then the examination period begins. How long could I wait?" he reasons.

For those who aren't aware, Sunny is distributing the film himself practically everywhere. "Where are the distributors these days?" he asks.

On the production front, Sunny is all set to complete DEVDHAR GANDHI once SOCHA NA THA releases. Thereafter, nothing is planned yet. "I really can't behave the way most producers do. I know the job well, but it's difficult handling the finances," he admits.

Tell him that he has an eye for new talent [Rajkumar Santoshi, Gurinder Chadha - her first Indian film - LONDON - was produced by Sunny, before they decided to part ways!] and Sunny jokes, "But they all desert me later."

Will Imtiaz Ali, who makes his directorial debut with SOCHA NA THA, make it big as well, is to be seen!

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
i wnanna see abhay deol's movie rather than bobby deol...
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 12 February 2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
same here bobb's movies such, i can't recall 1 good movie except shaheed but sunny stole the show as chandrashekar azad
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 12 February 2005 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sarina_202

i wanna see abhay deol's movie rather than bobby deol...

Same here

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top