Is this show a bit inspired from SGP?

Posted: 13 years ago
This show seems somewhat inspired from Sasural Genda Phool to me.....the simplicity of the setup and the way the family interactions are kept simple with no dhoom-dhadaka types....especially the funny interactions b/w the ppl from Tej's family.

Biggest deja vu feeling though is that they use SGP background music in this showπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....especially the one in the lighter scenes.

Anyone else feel that way?
I think it is insprired by the Amitabh's film ...i believe the same was πŸ€” Satte pe satta....with Hema Malini....where there was 7men ....in one house....
I'm not talking about the storyline when I'm talking of "inspiration"....obviously the storyline is inspired from the movies Satte pe Satta and Hulchul.

I'm talking about the treatment of the show....the simplicity factor and the bg music being used.....both are from SGP.
I don't watch SGP, so have no idea about BG scores being copied..but have read that it is an overall light hearted show..with some good drama..

So yes this show seems like Sony's version of SGP...

In a way it's good sign that there are such shows being made which are decent family entertainment unlike the general crap dished out on TV normally..
Originally posted by Maz.

I don't watch SGP, so have no idea about BG scores being copied..but have read that it is an overall light hearted show..with some good drama..

So yes this show seems like Sony's version of SGP...

In a way it's good sign that there are such shows being made which are decent family entertainment unlike the general crap dished out on TV normally..

Yep it's a good sign.....if ppl have to be inspired from shows, SGP is deffo a good one to pick.....a rare positive and well done family show :-)

Although I must say that using the SAME bg music is a bit too deja vuish to me πŸ˜†....nevertheless this seems to be a nice show....I'm liking the characters in Tej's family and Toasty and Tej are both acting well too.....

I think this show has been produced by the same ppl who made Ladies Special.....only thing is that being on Sony....most likely this show will either a) go downhill in terms of storyline soon or b) get pulled off air soon enoughπŸ˜†
hehe yea same BG score would definitely be deja vu if your'e a big fan of SGP...sometimes a certain music should not be played again on other couples or in other shows..

@Ladies special...oh OK.. haven't seen that either..

@the fate of shows on SonyπŸ˜†..yup true... so far this one's story is good..even if it's on air less than 6 months..as long as the essence is maintained and it gets a happy end..good for the viewer :)

@Tej's family...pretty nice characters yea..and nice acting too :) ..

Today's episode was a sweet one again

No idea about SGP.. but I am happy that this series doesnt have any weird camera angles and ten diff shots of ten random ppl and their reactions on something that doesnt even deserve a reaction πŸ˜†

So far.. the series has been easy on the eyes.. but then only this is only the second week.. and series have this notorious habit of going south very soon...so no expectations .. but watching the series as long as it continues to entertain me..

But if it is as you say.. then I am glad the trend is changing ..  Who knows mayb even series like R.com will serve as an inspiration ..

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 13 years ago
No idea about SGP, but dont think inspiration is from there, since we had BBAB and some funny family shows ......

LOL if no one in here has any idea about SGP then my point is moot anyways....yeah there have been family shows before this but in recent times, SGP is the only simplistic, naturally done family show on air currently....and like I said, they are using a lot of SGP background music in this show, hence the similarity factor. I don't have the time to dig around for SGP background music right now or I could post a sample for everyone to hear.
LOL Nobody knows about SGP here? Khair, I do.. πŸ˜›

I agree with you Anu, that this show indeed seems to be inspired by SGP. Don't know about the bg music.. but the simplicity, interactions between all family members does point out that way.

It is, indeed a positive sign that shows like SGP are inspiring people for new shows. Which means more quality entertainment.. 

I just hope this show remains good for a long time and is not ended abruptly coz I am enjoying this show as of now..